2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
Btw, everyone realizes there would have been a foul called against the Bulls on almost every possession in OT if this was in Miami, right?

Yes, that has been going through my head the entire game.

The NBA Playoffs are incredibly frustrating for the visiting team...

I don't get all the pessimism on Rose. Yes, he has had two horrible games after the injury, but considering he's probably still injured and not in rhythm right now, it is not the time to panic. People just have incredible short term memories, when healthy, he is still an MVP caliber player and still going to improve from here on out, but he didn't lose the ability to play basketball just because of a groin and an ankle injury. The Heat are a flawed team as you can see tonight, and they are terrible against good teams on the road this season. I don't see a reason to panic even if we lost tonight.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 10:13 PM)
I don't get all the pessimism on Rose. Yes, he has had two horrible games after the injury, but considering he's probably still injured and not in rhythm right now, it is not the time to panic. People just have incredible short term memories, when healthy, he is still an MVP caliber player and still going to improve from here on out, but he didn't lose the ability to play basketball just because of a groin and an ankle injury. The Heat are a flawed team as you can see tonight, and they are terrible against good teams on the road this season. I don't see a reason to panic even if we lost tonight.

It's just fairly obvious that LeBron can completely take him out of his game when he sets his mind to it. When that happens, the Bulls are much better without him even on the floor.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
It's just fairly obvious that LeBron can completely take him out of his game when he sets his mind to it. When that happens, the Bulls are much better without him even on the floor.

Watson's not a bad offensive player when his shot is on. He can create off the dribble a bit and penetrate here and there. I'd bet a Bulls team without Rose can take Miami to 6 games in a playoff series.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
It's just fairly obvious that LeBron can completely take him out of his game when he sits his mind to it. When that happens, the Bulls are much better without him even on the floor.

So what are you saying? The Bulls are a better team against the Heat without Rose? Talk to me in the playoffs, and see if they can win a game without him.

Lebron couldn't win a championship for his team, is his team better without him?

Rose has been terrible the past two games, but give it sometime, he will be back, better and smarter.

Or the Bulls can use Rose as a decoy when LBJ is on him, you gotta trust your team mates, Rose doesn't need to do it all himself late in games.

It would be nice if Rose could move without the ball, catch a pass and quickly attack the basket from different angles (Wade did this a few times tonight), not just from the top of the key with LBJ squared up on him.

What I see right now is ball movement stopping too often when Rose gets the ball, kinda like Melo...need to stop that.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 10:59 PM)
Its hard to believe that these words are going to be typed, but the Bulls were probably better off if Rose didnt play today.

When Rose came back in the game it sparked a Miami rally each time. It was the worst game he's ever had as a pro and probably at any level.

Hamilton and Noah also did not show up, and they still won somehow. Thibs has to be COY.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 10:34 AM)
I might be over confident but I believe the Bulls win tonight comfortably.

Bulls 97

Heat 86

:headbang

OMG. I've never seen a call this close. (Bulls win 96-86)

Carjack the Delorean and make a run for the Almanac much? ;)

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
Watson's not a bad offensive player when his shot is on. He can create off the dribble a bit and penetrate here and there. I'd bet a Bulls team without Rose can take Miami to 6 games in a playoff series.

I know they haven't exactly had to game plan for it, but both in the playoffs and now this season, the Bulls have been better against the Heat with CJ on the floor than Rose on the floor.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 11:13 PM)

Derrick Rose basically has a 7 game preseason right now to get back in shape and to get into the flow of a team that has played a large chunk of the year without him. This is at the very least a challenge.