2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved Brewer's play tonight. He looked really aggressive pushing the ball up the court getting his own shots and finding the open man. For a while, I thought I saw the additional playmaker we need next to Rose.

Gibson was beasting on the boards tonight, but the Knicks are just too soft to compete on the glass.

If I were the Bulls, I would trade the Charlotte pick while it has some value. Charlotte will finish with the worst record this year, they will almost certain to land either Davis, Barnes, or Drummond, and perhaps another top 5 selection in 2013. They will be a force in the East by 2015. A core of Biyombo, Anthony Davis, Henderson, Kemba Walker (and bless not Shabazz Muhammad) is and excellent core to build on.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)
If I were the Bulls, I would trade the Charlotte pick while it has some value. Charlotte will finish with the worst record this year, they will almost certain to land either Davis, Barnes, or Drummond, and perhaps another top 5 selection in 2013. They will be a force in the East by 2015. A core of Biyombo, Anthony Davis, Henderson, Kemba Walker (and bless not Shabazz Muhammad) is and excellent core to build on.

The only sure fire real deal is Davis and even with worse record chances are they don't get him, add in the fact of Jordan's basketball decisions not too worried about Bobcats being good in near future.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
Hard hat and lunch pail Gibson.

If only he would start making free throws again...

Taj used to shoot FTs at 70%, what the hell happened to that?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
Butler looked for the first time like he deserved to be out there. Loved it

He needs to start playing. We have very little depth at SG/SF without Deng..

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 08:27 PM)
Why would the Bulls make the Celtics trade? That's just pure stupidity I think.

Seriously, why would the Bulls take on Pierce and Garnett for Boozer, Deng, and Asik?

I know Boozer's a declining player, but Garnett and Pierce are declining even faster. Garnett is an expiring, but I honestly don't see how that trade helps the team.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 11:24 PM)
The only sure fire real deal is Davis and even with worse record chances are they don't get him, add in the fact of Jordan's basketball decisions not too worried about Bobcats being good in near future.

If they get Davis, a trio of him, Biyombo and Henderson will make them excellent defensive unit already, that team could be something special. But I like Barnes a lot too, he will not be a superstar, but his scoring potential will make him an all star in the near future.

I can dig the KG Pierce trade, if it goes through you'd have to think Thibs had some input in it and he'd think we'd be better off, with those 2 bein his guys for several years.

I especially like it after seeing both Brewer and Butler play so well today. You've got Pierce this year and next (right?) and by then I really think Butler, under thibs and working with all these good players, will be ready to start, and if hes not you got the Pierce money off the books to get a new SF (or give it to Brewer).

Then you have Garnetts expiring contract, so youve got Garnett for this year then either Taj next year or you use Garnetts money to sign another PF.

This year youve got

Rose-CJ

Rip-Brewer-Korver

Pierce-Korver-Butler

KG-Taj

Noah- Rasheed Wallace

I know Sheeds viewed as more of a PF but he's 6'11, him and Taj can work together. It also keeps him away from Miami who he's worked out with. I think the Bulls would have the upper hand since Sheed has played with/for KG, PP and Thibs on a Eastern Conference Champion team.

Then next year I'd love to see

Rose-Watson

E. Gordon-Brewer-Korver

Pierce-Korver- Butler

Taj-Mirotic (hopefully)

Noah-FA/draft pick

Or if KGs contract + an amnestied Rip contract doesnt equal Gordon then I'd like something like

Rose-Watson

Mayo-Brewer-Korver

Pierce-Korver-Butler

Taj-Mirotic

Noah-Hawes

Once again If this trade were to happen I think itd be what Thibs wants and in Thibs I trust.

Was Gerald Green's dunk posted on here?

That might be one of the most impressive athletic dunks I've ever see. He was looking down into the rim. It seemed like his hangtime was forever. Unbelievable. Much better than Griffin on Perkins IMO.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 01:27 AM)

That might be one of the most impressive athletic dunks I've ever see. He was looking down into the rim. It seemed like his hangtime was forever. Unbelievable. Much better than Griffin on Perkins IMO.

I don't think it was posted, but it's by far my favorite dunk of the year and one of top dunks I can in recent memory. He was so incredibly high in the air.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 01:27 AM)

It destroyed Griffin's dunk.

Quite an interesting day in trade rumors.

Seems as if there's a bit of focus on a 3 team deal between the Magic, Bucks and Warriors.

In short, the Magic get Monta Ellis, the Warriors would get Andrew Bogut, and the Bucks would also get pieces. There's also rumors going around if Bogut is dealt Brandon Jennings is likely to be traded also (as he won't re-sign with the Bucks long - term).

Apparently Anderson and Redick would go to MIL, and there's a chance Orlando may get Ilyasova or Dorrell Wright back in a deal also.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 07:21 PM)
I don't know if I'd want Bogut if I was Golden State.

In an uptempo system definitely not.

But in Mark Jackson's "slowball New York Knicks in the early 90's offense", I think he makes some sense to them.

Argubly he's a better 1 on 1 defender than Howard is actually. But Howard's a more effective shot blocker.

But Bogut's also very injury prone so it's a risk.

The Magic will probably add Hedo and take back Stephen Jackson and maybe one of GSW's bad contracts such as Biedrins in a deal also.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 11:47 PM)

The Charlotte Pick is almost certain to increase in value with time rather than decreasing. Not just because Charlotte could get better...but because the pick is likely so far away. Take the Magic right now, for example...the Magic don't want to commit themselves to rebuilding through the 2016 draft. If they lose Howard, yeah, they could go through a rebuilding process, but they'd probably love to have themselves in a solid position by 2014, and even at that point that pick could be a few years away. It's an asset, but it's an asset that is so far away that even teams who could use it wouldn't think it has much use to them.

DR1 rips refs.

"I've gotta be the only superstar in the league that's going through what I'm going through right now," the reigning MVP said. "But I can't say too much about it."

Rose shot 12-of-29 from the floor for his game-high 32 points, but went to the foul line just nine times, sinking six and repeatedly showing his displeasure toward the officials at non-calls.

"How many times did I shoot today?" Rose asked. "I'm the point guard."

Asked what he was thinking on a particularly ferocious dunk to put the Bulls ahead by seven midway through the fourth quarter, Rose said he "kinda blacked out. I was probably mad because I wasn't getting calls all game. That was probably the reason why."

Told he may get fined by the league for his comments, Rose was again uncharacteristically defiant.

"I could care less right now," he said.