Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

^^^^ That was fantastic Jeremy.

Well my car was stolen last Tuesday. A week later (yesterday) it was found (alot of damage on it) and the guy was caught (well.. the passenger.. sucks for you crackhead). I've had some bad luck the past few weeks (a week before that, my grandmother had a major stroke, so she is fighting for her life right now, for example), so hopefully it all turns around.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 06:41 AM)
^^^^ That was fantastic Jeremy.

Well my car was stolen last Tuesday. A week later (yesterday) it was found (alot of damage on it) and the guy was caught (well.. the passenger.. sucks for you crackhead). I've had some bad luck the past few weeks (a week before that, my grandmother had a major stroke, so she is fighting for her life right now, for example), so hopefully it all turns around.

Sorry to hear that, Ace

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 06:39 PM)
How come nobody wants to go out on Black Wednesday anymore? What's that all about? #sadpanda

Because Illinois is playing, so everyone wants to stay home to watch.

I've never understood the fun in being hungover and then trying to eat a lot of good food.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 06:53 PM)
Because Illinois is playing, so everyone wants to stay home to watch.

I've never understood the fun in being hungover and then trying to eat a lot of good food.

I love eating when I'm hungover. Although I'm not a huge fan of Thanksgiving foods.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 06:56 PM)
You're old. I'm going out.

I'm not old, my friends are. I shall be going out one way or another, it just shouldn't be this hard to figure out plans.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 06:57 PM)
I love eating when I'm hungover. Although I'm not a huge fan of Thanksgiving foods.

This. And this.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)

Just FWIW, we can't figure out what this might be. SAM can give some interesting data but none of us can figure out what groin-grabbingly amazing result they might have gotten out that would justify this level of hype...

Which makes me at least concerned that they're overhyping a result that won't be easily communicated to the public.

But if nothing else, I'll be in Grotz's talk on Monday the 3rd and I'll let y'all know.

Looks like T-Mobile is gonna be sending me a new phone here shortly. Battery life suddenly became horrendous. Not in the "smartphone battery life sucks" sense, in the "I woke up at 9:30 am and by 11 am it was down 40%" sense. Had me do a factory reset and said call back in 24 hours if it's still doing it. Given that it was down 10% in just that amount of time I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a new one.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
Just FWIW, we can't figure out what this might be. SAM can give some interesting data but none of us can figure out what groin-grabbingly amazing result they might have gotten out that would justify this level of hype...

Which makes me at least concerned that they're overhyping a result that won't be easily communicated to the public.

But if nothing else, I'll be in Grotz's talk on Monday the 3rd and I'll let y'all know.

Any guesses?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)
Apparently the investigators in the Casey Anthony trial only turned over the browser result from Internet Explorer, and not Firefox. If they had, they could have found a search for "foolproof suffocation" done the day of the murder.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Cops-pros...7z/-/index.html

Crack work there, detectives.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 10:10 AM)
Any guesses?

Honestly, every guess we have winds up being something that doesn't live up to the hype. SAM is capable of isolating, identifying, and doing isotopic analyses of light elements and organic molecules, but "Finding an interesting organic molecule with a unique isotopic signature" doesn't measure up to the hype of teasing this story weeks in advance.

If you're going to tease something like this 2 weeks in advance, it better be big and easily communicated publicly. Organic goop that could be produced a number of ways with depleted carbon isotopic signatures isn't that kind of story...but that's the data that SAM is capable of returning.

The capabilities of SAM can produce some really cool data, but we've been struggling to figure out how it could give anything that would justify this kind of tease story. Our best guess is that it has come up with a really unique and totally unexpected chemistry in the soil that can be produced by very few mechanisms other than biology, but even that's a stretch for the instrument being used, and the guy who runs that part of the instrument seems to have no idea what Grotz was talking about.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 10:55 PM)
This might seem weird, but does anyone have any experience with hidden cameras?

I have had a lot of weird stuff happen in my apartment, and I'm looking for something to record what is going on.

I've had stuff on in my apartment that I wouldn't turn on, stuff that looked like it was moved around, my tv was on channels I'd never watch... And when I got home today I went to make popcorn, and my microwave was unplugged... None of this makes sense. I'm looking for something that would record my front door but also have decent images.

Any advice would be appreciated.

So the same type of thing happened to us tonight and I remembered back to this post. And our landlord fits the same description as yours. f***in bizarre.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 11:55 PM)
This might seem weird, but does anyone have any experience with hidden cameras?

I have had a lot of weird stuff happen in my apartment, and I'm looking for something to record what is going on.

I've had stuff on in my apartment that I wouldn't turn on, stuff that looked like it was moved around, my tv was on channels I'd never watch... And when I got home today I went to make popcorn, and my microwave was unplugged... None of this makes sense. I'm looking for something that would record my front door but also have decent images.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Did you ever find out what it was?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)
Apparently the investigators in the Casey Anthony trial only turned over the browser result from Internet Explorer, and not Firefox. If they had, they could have found a search for "foolproof suffocation" done the day of the murder.

'Oh for f***s sake.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)

Doesn't matter. She was not guilty because there was no direct evidence. They had a ton of Internet searches.