2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught up on some movies while flying around the last couple of days.

Immortals - meh, entertaining romp a lot like 300. Cool visuals though.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - watching this in pieces probably isn't the best way to pay attention, so I had a difficult time following exactly what was going on here. Maybe that's why it didn't do very well at the box office. Seemed like you really needed to pay attention to names in the beginning, otherwise you were screwed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 09:14 AM)
watch his appearance on Conan as RB a few days ago if you havent already. Jazz Flute!

Will Ferrel is always hilarious when I see him on shows (his recent appearance on The Daily Show was fantastic) but he always does the dumbest movies.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 11:29 AM)
Will Ferrel is always hilarious when I see him on shows (his recent appearance on The Daily Show was fantastic) but he always does the dumbest movies.

He's on the Adam Sandler path. Same material, new movie. I was never much of an Anchorman fan so don't care about sequel.

Has anyone seen "Case de mi Padre," the current Ferrell movie where he's speaking in Spanglish for most of it?

As far as the best movies for 2012 so far (there's no way I will agree with THE HUNGER GAMES for that category):

The Lorax

21 Jump Street

The Chronicle

The Grey

Red Tails

Friends with Kids

The Secret World of Arietty

Well, that could be right. Unless you included some of the movies that officially came out in December, 2011 and stretched into the New Year, the list is pretty bleak.

There haven't even been that many movies that were even 100% "entertaining": Safe House, Journey 2, Act of Valor, Contraband and Project X had their moments, but none of them were worth the price of admission.

I don't know if you have to include TITANIC 3-D on the list, technically it's NOT a new movie.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
"Jeff, Who Lives at Home" is pretty teriffic.

It's a bit surprising this movie hasn't picked up a bit more momentum and the box office.

Another one that's more of a critics' favorite without quite hitting the sweet spot of mass audience buzz.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 08:51 AM)
Are you saying it wasn't funny at all, or disagreeing with me saying that what I saw wasn't funny?

I didn't find the movie funny at all, so I was agreeing with you.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)
I didn't find the movie funny at all, so I was agreeing with you.

I'm with you guys. Kinda funny in some parts, but not the knock down drag out funny that it was made out to be. I was very disappointed

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)
I'm with you guys. Kinda funny in some parts, but not the knock down drag out funny that it was made out to be. I was very disappointed

Just making sure I wasn't the only one. The only mildly funny parts were Melissa McCarthy (and I mean mildly), and I certainly don't see why the hell she was nominated for an Oscar.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 02:32 AM)
Has anyone seen "Case de mi Padre," the current Ferrell movie where he's speaking in Spanglish for most of it?

As far as the best movies for 2012 so far (there's no way I will agree with THE HUNGER GAMES for that category):

The Lorax

21 Jump Street

The Chronicle

The Grey

Red Tails

Friends with Kids

The Secret World of Arietty

Well, that could be right. Unless you included some of the movies that officially came out in December, 2011 and stretched into the New Year, the list is pretty bleak.

There haven't even been that many movies that were even 100% "entertaining": Safe House, Journey 2, Act of Valor, Contraband and Project X had their moments, but none of them were worth the price of admission.

I don't know if you have to include TITANIC 3-D on the list, technically it's NOT a new movie.

American Reunion will vault to the top of your list, believe me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)

Same with me. I watched it and kept waiting for the funny parts to show up, but they never really did. There were a few chuckles here and there but that was about it.