2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
I've really enjoyed both episodes of Life's Too Short. Liam Neeson last week was amazing. Johnny Depp tonight was great too.

I liked Depp and Neeson, but the rest of the episodes are hard to get through.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two weeks in a row of a entertaining Walking Dead. It's always nice to see the 'Walkers' show up (zombies....not Greg...though Greg IS in Atlanta now....lol)

It was nice for a change to see the two most annoying characters (Andrea and Lori) say to each other what needed to be said to each other.

QUOTE (juddling @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)
Two weeks in a row of a entertaining Walking Dead. It's always nice to see the 'Walkers' show up (zombies....not Greg...though Greg IS in Atlanta now....lol)

It was nice for a change to see the two most annoying characters (Andrea and Lori) say to each other what needed to be said to each other.

Andrea was very annoying this week. She had been more acceptable, but the whole 'I went through this so I know exactly what she's thinking and I'm qualified to handle this' was stupid.

Top class violence this week though. It's devolving into a soap opera, but when Rick shot through the mouth of a dead zombie to shoot another zombie and then you could see his gun through the dead zombie's head...fantastic.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 06:54 AM)
Andrea was very annoying this week. She had been more acceptable, but the whole 'I went through this so I know exactly what she's thinking and I'm qualified to handle this' was stupid.

I'm not an Andrea fan at all and I thought she was great this week. Someone has needed to b**** out Lori for a long time.

Every character on Walking Dead needs to be b****ed out, but Andrea is still the biggest b**** in the show.

Great action scenes as stated earlier. My heart about stopped though when they showed the Public Works place because I saw the fences and hoped they found the prison. Oh well, I guess not yet.

first eastbound and down of season 3 was cash money. way better than anything in season 2, and almost as good as the best from season 1.

I had very high hopes for teh second episode of season 3, and it was just all sorts of bizarre...definitely disappointed a bit

So The Walking Dead... that was one of the better episodes in a long while, but something is bothering me.

Blood. I know that we're not supposed to take all that we know from previous zombie film, such as in 28 Days Later when the zombie plague gets passed into a dude's eye and he becomes a zombie.

However, I think it's quite fair to assume that zombie blood into your blood = f***ed. Am I right? I mean, the group was worried about 1 of like 7 wells on the farm being contaminated by a zombie, so they put Glen in the ridiculous position of tying a rope around said zombie to remove it from the well (even though it'd been bleeding and oozing in the thing for weeks, which made no sense, because it must have already been contaminated GAH THIS SHOW IS SO INCONSISTENT).

Anyway. Grimes and Shane are all into cutting themselves to get blood on things so the zombies lick it now. Then they can kill the zombies with those knives. Then they can cut themselves again with these zombiefied knives and leave more blood (in the same spot, Shane? really, you are rubbing your blood up on zombie saliva at this point!).

This follows a period where Shane and Grimes go 10 rounds, open wounds galore. Grimes is bleeding all over the place, and winds up with zombies piled on top of him, puts a gun in a dead-dead zombie's mouth to get to an undead zombie and the f***er's head explodes everywhere, including all over Grimes and presumably into his blood stream.

That's it. These guys should be zombies. It's the inconsistency and the blatant ignorance of any good editing that drives me away from this show even in a good week.

I dont believe Walking Dead has ever conclusively stated what the rules are in their universe for becoming a zombie. In the last episode they actually did touch on it "They dont appear to have any bite marks" but they really didnt "flesh" out the ideas.

I thought in the Walking Dead universe there are no movies like 28 days later, etc, and that is how they explain the term "Walkers" instead of "Zombies" and why none of the characters reference zombie books/movies.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 10:55 AM)
I thought in the Walking Dead universe there are no movies like 28 days later, etc, and that is how they explain the term "Walkers" instead of "Zombies" and why none of the characters reference zombie books/movies.

I'm not arguing with that, I'm arguing the petri dish of human and zombie blood should turn the humans into zombies. That's common sense in my book.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
So The Walking Dead... that was one of the better episodes in a long while, but something is bothering me.

Blood. I know that we're not supposed to take all that we know from previous zombie film, such as in 28 Days Later when the zombie plague gets passed into a dude's eye and he becomes a zombie.

However, I think it's quite fair to assume that zombie blood into your blood = f***ed. Am I right? I mean, the group was worried about 1 of like 7 wells on the farm being contaminated by a zombie, so they put Glen in the ridiculous position of tying a rope around said zombie to remove it from the well (even though it'd been bleeding and oozing in the thing for weeks, which made no sense, because it must have already been contaminated GAH THIS SHOW IS SO INCONSISTENT).

Anyway. Grimes and Shane are all into cutting themselves to get blood on things so the zombies lick it now. Then they can kill the zombies with those knives. Then they can cut themselves again with these zombiefied knives and leave more blood (in the same spot, Shane? really, you are rubbing your blood up on zombie saliva at this point!).

This follows a period where Shane and Grimes go 10 rounds, open wounds galore. Grimes is bleeding all over the place, and winds up with zombies piled on top of him, puts a gun in a dead-dead zombie's mouth to get to an undead zombie and the f***er's head explodes everywhere, including all over Grimes and presumably into his blood stream.

That's it. These guys should be zombies. It's the inconsistency and the blatant ignorance of any good editing that drives me away from this show even in a good week.

You shouldn't assume zombieism works the same in The Walking Dead as other zombie books/films.

GIANT SPOILERS

SERIOUSLY

In TWD, everyone is already infected. If you get run over by a car, you turn into a zombie when you die. If you get shot in the heart, you turn into a zombie when you die. This may be what the CDC scientist told Rick before he left.

Zombie bites/attacks are problematic because they're so diseased, a bite will likely lead to a serious infection that kills you...which of course results in a zombie.

Your point about Shane cutting himself on the bus with a blade he's used to stab zombies is a fair one. Maybe he cleaned it off during the period they were grabbing gas and scavenging. Or maybe just a writing slipup.

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 12:12 PM)
Steve,

Zombies are like Vampires, depending on the universe, they have very different rules.

Yeah, it's just, in this very episode, the idea of scratches is brought up. I would think if a scratch can infect you, then playing blood brothers with a zombie would also infect you. If that's not the case, then it's just stupid.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 06:29 PM)
Yeah, it's just, in this very episode, the idea of scratches is brought up. I would think if a scratch can infect you, then playing blood brothers with a zombie would also infect you. If that's not the case, then it's just stupid.

All you should take from the scratch reference is that they are questioning the idea that "bite=zombie".

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
I take from everything that this show is stupid yet too gory to turn off.

I assume you didn't read my spoilers. All I'm sayin is the issue of how people get infected or turn into zombies isn't as inconsistent as you think. I believe they will probably be explaining it soon.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 10:59 AM)
You shouldn't assume zombieism works the same in The Walking Dead as other zombie books/films.

GIANT SPOILERS

SERIOUSLY

In TWD, everyone is already infected. If you get run over by a car, you turn into a zombie when you die. If you get shot in the heart, you turn into a zombie when you die. This may be what the CDC scientist told Rick before he left.

Zombie bites/attacks are problematic because they're so diseased, a bite will likely lead to a serious infection that kills you...which of course results in a zombie.

Your point about Shane cutting himself on the bus with a blade he's used to stab zombies is a fair one. Maybe he cleaned it off during the period they were grabbing gas and scavenging. Or maybe just a writing slipup.

I have no self control. :angry: