2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
haha just realized that movie hasnt been made yet, was wondering why I hadnt seen it.

It was looking like a november release, pretty sure theyre done filming. but they delayed it until june 2013 :(

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
You cant have zombie movies if the main characters are smart. The simple answer is that zombies dont have brains, thus even the simplest human should be able to create a fortification to stop zombies.

I mean even the simplest human would have built a moat, trench, etc. You know simple techniques that were developed to stop walking armies. Let alone more advanced techniques like putting flameable material in a trench so when a large swarm of zombies came they would fall in trench and then be lit on fire.

That doesnt even get into the parts about hoarding important supplies, etc.

But if you have smart humans, you dont have a zombie film. Its why Carl always runs off. At a certain point you cant write that the main adult characters are acting stupid and naive.

Funny thing is if they made the characters this smart the show would barely be different. It would still be a soap opera based on characters that are poorly written. In fact, the writers would have MORE time to focus on bad drama that no one cares about. They could round up some zombies from their trap or something and then go fight over Lori or something.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 05:32 PM)
(3) as someone else said - don't drive a) a repeatedly broken RV, and b) a loud as s*** motorcycle (little gas tank! no protection! very loud!)

The motorcycle is incredibly gas efficient though. I think it's just that he thought it was cool to have one so he got one. We'd learn a lot more about the characters in a more efficient way if they simply went 'oooo a motorcycle/samurai sword/Hummer/whatever I'm gonna take this.' They could mod up the characters like they were in a video game and show much more of their personality by displaying their tastes. They all go to a gun store and pick guns that they like or different things they find useful.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
The Walking Dead is so fun-bad it's ridiculous. Now that the action is picking up, I am more intrigued. Thef*ck was that thing that saved Andrea?

Don't care! I'm down. We need some Lost-type s***. I like how Rick doesn't give a s*** anymore. Get in line or GTFO, that includes you Lori, you raging c***.

Seriously, Lori is the worst.

Also, Carl goes from being a kid, to being a kid who wants to be an adult and shoot things, to being a crybaby. F*ck you, Carl.

Our team of zombie slayers is pulling off head shots with a 98% accuracy (might actually be 100%).

Fun-bad defined, that's just good television last night.

Herschel also had nearly unlimited shotgun ammo.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 07:50 PM)
I am currently in the process of downloading comics 1-88. I'm too hooked on you folks knowing everything and I can never avoid stuff in spoiler tags, so I might as well enjoy them!

If you want to know what's going on without wasting your time, there's a Walking Dead wikia page with a nice synopsis of the comic books. Beware, it has some typos near the end of it...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 04:21 AM)
If you want to know what's going on without wasting your time, there's a Walking Dead wikia page with a nice synopsis of the comic books. Beware, it has some typos near the end of it...

Eh, took 5 minutes to download the entire series and throw it on the Nook. It's really interesting how well they pulled off the start of the series. The only difference I'm noticing at the start is no Grimes in tank and no raw-dogging.

There should have been raw-dogging, so I'm glad AMC added that artistic touch.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
Anyone watching Awake? The end of Ep2 got me really pumped. I like where they are going with it.

I just caught up with Eps 2 and 3 last night.

I'm not sure what to make of the close of Ep2. Am I correct that there are now supposed to be at least 3 story lines: Dream 1, Dream 2, and "reality."

That seems awfully complicated and a lot to keep straight, like "Lost" to the third power.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)
Eh, took 5 minutes to download the entire series and throw it on the Nook. It's really interesting how well they pulled off the start of the series. The only difference I'm noticing at the start is no Grimes in tank and no raw-dogging.

There should have been raw-dogging, so I'm glad AMC added that artistic touch.

I assume this was a torrent? I'd love to read these things, but don't feel like dropping $1.99/comic (times 88 or something)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)
I assume this was a torrent? I'd love to read these things, but don't feel like dropping $1.99/comic (times 88 or something)

I simply googled "The Walking Dead epub" and clicked until one was active.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 05:55 PM)
That's all I've read so far. Waiting on the second one to come out, but I might torrent the rest for s***s and giggles now.

I wish the other books weren't so much more than the compendium price, because otherwise I would just buy the few separate collections than wait for the next compendium.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 20, 2012 -> 11:42 PM)
Another very solid Justified. The show is so consistently good.

Agreed. Quarles is spinning further and further down.

And Boyd Crowder is hands down my favorite character on television. So impeccably played.

I also like the Band of Brothers infusion the show has going on right now. There's Quarles (Neal McDonough, who played Lt. Buck Compton), the US Attorney (Rick Gomez, who played George Luz) and Jed (not sure the actor's name, but he was Skip Muck in Band of Brothers). Maybe Ron Livingston or Damian Lewis will randomly show up.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 12:29 AM)

And Boyd Crowder is hands down my favorite character on television. So impeccably played.

I also like the Band of Brothers infusion the show has going on right now. There's Quarles (Neal McDonough, who played Lt. Buck Compton), the US Attorney (Rick Gomez, who played George Luz) and Jed (not sure the actor's name, but he was Skip Muck in Band of Brothers). Maybe Ron Livingston or Damian Lewis will randomly show up.

So, Justified:Band Of Brothers::Sons Of Anarchy:Deadwood?

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 12:29 AM)

Heh, I think Damien is busy.

Honestly, Justified is the best show on television. Every character is so well-developed. LOVE.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 07:00 PM)
Challenge!!!!!

Here's a new drinking game for ya. Everytime Robin cries, take a shot. See if you can make it through half an episode.

That first day of the final challenge was pretty ridiculous.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 07:22 AM)
Here's a new drinking game for ya. Everytime Robin cries, take a shot. See if you can make it through half an episode.

That first day of the final challenge was pretty ridiculous.

I never remember Robin crying so much. She was a pretty big hard ass on Real World season. Guess age and kids can do that.

I just hope anyone but Johnny wins.