2012 TV Thread

knightni

Shameless was damn intense tonight.

The baby being Asian was a bit of a curveball, although the fact that it wasn't Lip's wasn't. Sheila and Jody running off with the baby though...

I guess I assumed Monica would shoot herself with the gun that Carl found, but again it wasn't surprising that she hurt herself. I guess it was a good mix of what we thought would happen with enough stuff to make it different.

The Spam turkey was hilarious.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 03:36 AM)
Anybody been watching Eastbound & Down? It feels like this season just keep getting worse & worse.

I haven't minded it this season, but tonight's episode might have been the worst one of the series.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)
I haven't minded it this season, but tonight's episode might have been the worst one of the series.

Thanks for the heads up. I had deleted it from my queue this morning and that justifies my decision.

Shameless was super depressing for me.

My niece and nephew were both born with Downs, so I know exactly that feeling of shock and speechlessness with the doctors announce me. It crushed me and my family, and especially my brother. I was super depressed for a few days, and tonight's scene not only when they found out, but then when the people refused to adopt the baby because of it brought back a lot of those emotions. It was super awkward for me to watch the end of that episodes with my friends.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 11:03 PM)
Shameless was super depressing for me.

My niece and nephew were both born with Downs, so I know exactly that feeling of shock and speechlessness with the doctors announce me. It crushed me and my family, and especially my brother. I was super depressed for a few days, and tonight's scene not only when they found out, but then when the people refused to adopt the baby because of it brought back a lot of those emotions. It was super awkward for me to watch the end of that episodes with my friends.

Did the baby have downs or did they just think he did at first before realizing it was Asian? Yeah, that was depressing last night. Didn't need to see the baby coming out...twice.

Re:Shameless

I dont think the baby has downs, I think that was the initial reaction until Lip said it was asian. The end of that episode was intense, Frank really showed his true colors. Hilarious that "Steve" no longer exists and he is now Jimmy

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 04:55 AM)
Did the baby have downs or did they just think he did at first before realizing it was Asian? Yeah, that was depressing last night. Didn't need to see the baby coming out...twice.

I'm pretty sure it actually had Downs. I noticed the puffy eyes, the parents no longer wanted the baby (could be because he was asian, I guess), and Karen was smoking and drinking while pregnant.

Either way, my prediction I have had since V and Kevin decided they wanted to have a baby earlier in the season is still the same. They will end up with Karen's baby.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 09:12 AM)
So, for being on a 17 month break, I expected a little more out of Mad Men. It was ok, but certainly not worth the excitement leading up to its return.

Yeah, I agree with this. I was waiting for a signature moment during this episode...especially for being a 2 hour show.

They've set some things up for the season. Don is happy, and that can't last. Pete vs Roger.

My guess is Don won't be married much longer.

I was hoping Rogers's baby would have silver hair like him. I kid.

Pete standing up to Roger was good stuff. 2 hours without Betty=good

I laughed when Peggy was with the baby and Pete walks in and they exchange that look.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 09:27 AM)
Yeah, I agree with this. I was waiting for a signature moment during this episode...especially for being a 2 hour show.

They've set some things up for the season. Don is happy, and that can't last. Pete vs Roger.

My guess is Don won't be married much longer.

Yeah, a happy Don is a boring Don. But I can sense some foreshadowing that the marriage won't last long, and afterwards he'll be a much more interesting character...again.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 11:34 AM)
Yeah, a happy Don is a boring Don. But I can sense some foreshadowing that the marriage won't last long, and afterwards he'll be a much more interesting character...again.

I don't know, I like his current wife she is hot and interesting... I want it to last.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 11:14 PM)
Anyone watch Breakout Kings? It's an episodic show, but I find it really entertaining, especially Lloyd.

I really enjoy it. Saw my 1st episodes of this new season yesterday. Was stunned when the lead cop was killed. Really good and entertaining show.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 06:53 PM)
I really enjoy it. Saw my 1st episodes of this new season yesterday. Was stunned when the lead cop was killed. Really good and entertaining show.

Yeah, that was a big move on the producers part. I am willing to be it was because Laz Alonso is starting to do movies now, and not because it was planned that way.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
Yeah, that was a big move on the producers part. I am willing to be it was because Laz Alonso is starting to do movies now, and not because it was planned that way.

And i completely agree with you on Lloyd. Basically it is the most unique detective show on TV, imo.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 06:57 PM)
And i completely agree with you on Lloyd. Basically it is the most unique detective show on TV, imo.

Yeah, well that and it's made my the guys behind Prison Break, so you know it was going to be fun. I loved when they brought T-Bag from Prison Break in to the show. That was awesome, and I hope he comes back at some point, especially if they add him to their team.

That chick, I can't remember her name right now, is smoking hot. I love it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 27, 2012 -> 12:01 AM)
Alcatraz:

So if it was coming back for sure, Id presume that somehow she is going to be saved. Think the show could have been good, but who knows.

That's a whole lot of fascinating new stuff to introduce if you don't expect the show to come back. New conflicts, all the new stuff with the warden, an actual '63 science-type-guy waking up in the middle of a hidden room, a schedule involving a lot more cities than just san fran, etc.

At least when terra Nova ended, you could look at that first season and say they told 1 complete story arc. Can't do that here.