Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?

striker

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 05:33 PM)
I wouldn't do it unless blown away. His trade value surely isn't very high right now.

If another team wants to give up something for him, that means they think he can turn the bats around. Otherwise, they can just wait until he's DFA'd in a year or two.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)
I wouldn't do it unless blown away. His trade value surely isn't very high right now.

True, but value as far as defense is at the highest it's been for him. A team sees that, looks at the team control years, and then pictures his rookie year OBP, and maybe for the right team this is actually the most intriguing he'll be ever again

He'll be 26 by late next season--the question has to be asked at some point here...

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
True, but value as far as defense is at the highest it's been for him. A team sees that, looks at the team control years, and then pictures his rookie year OBP, and maybe for the right team this is actually the most intriguing he'll be ever again

He'll be 26 by late next season--the question has to be asked at some point here...

That defense was at 2b, not SS.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)

Unless Pedroia is getting traded, Beckham would be their SS. Where his defense would take a severe dip in value. You've gotta give Gordon at least another year with a new hitting coach. If he bombs, good bye.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
I don't know why, but it bothers the hell out of me every time you say that.

You know where that one comes from? Pedro Cerrano.

Straight ball I hit it very much. Curve ball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar and rum. He will come.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)

Fine, if they pay the price of his current defensive prowess and rookie OBP, then we should get a grand return for him.

That means A prospects, not Bs and Cs.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
No idea. I would have no clue on how to value Gordon Beckham at this point, or what would be fair to ask for.

For what he means to this franchise (in terms of his symbolism) the price would have to be skyhigh. It would have to start at a very highly ranked prospect (whoever the top is in the Bos system) and go from there.

Over The Monster notes that the Red Sox have a full 40 man, so any possible Gavin or Beckham deal might involve player or two from the list of Felix Doubront, Stolmy Pimentel, Drake Britton, Lars Anderson, or Michael Bowden. Most of these players have little value obviously, so one would hope they aren't trade centerpieces. They certainly could be throw-ins though.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)
Over The Monster notes that the Red Sox have a full 40 man, so any possible Gavin or Beckham deal might involve player or two from the list of Felix Doubront, Stolmy Pimentel, Drake Britton, Lars Anderson, or Michael Bowden. Most of these players have little value obviously, so one would hope they aren't trade centerpieces. They certainly could be throw-ins though.

I would be willing to bet Bowden would be included.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 11:37 AM)
uh...doesn't 'start the rumors' indicate it's just a joke? no need to overreact on the ones that aren't as horrifying.

We know it is a joke. He is just calling out everyone else who has a different opinion