Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Espy.Teahen @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 06:20 PM)
let's see. YPA is pretty important. His rush yards add a whole new dimension. completion % is pretty much a draw. 52% for Brady Quinn is nothing to brag about.

You sound like a Notre Dame homer.

I'm no Tebow fan, but if there's not a spot in the NFL for Tebow, there certainly is not one for Quinn.

Mark, you could not have pegged him better. He's a Notre Dame homer through and through.

Thusly, feel free to make fun of him!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Espy.Teahen @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)
Why not?

Simply because he doesn't excel at what a quarterback needs to in this day and age to be a difference maker in the NFL. His accuracy is putrid, and though he has wheels, he won't be an effective NFL quarterback.

Instead of saying he shouldn't be a QB, I should have said he should not be counted on as anything more than a backup, and people chanting for him to start in the NFL need their heads examined.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
Simply because he doesn't excel at what a quarterback needs to in this day and age to be a difference maker in the NFL. His accuracy is putrid, and though he has wheels, he won't be an effective NFL quarterback.

Instead of saying he shouldn't be a QB, I should have said he should not be counted on as anything more than a backup, and people chanting for him to start in the NFL need their heads examined.

I agree with this

I've got nothing at all against Tebow, I'm not a "hater" (he really seems to have a lot of honest-to-God haters, for no real reason) but it just doesn't seem like the things he got by on in college are going to fly against faster, stronger, just generally superior NFL defenses. By all accounts he's a great guy, and has a strong work ethic, but that's a LOT of work he has to do. Unless you're Mike Vick, and even he is debatable, you just won't amount to much of anything as an NFL quarterback without at least some passable throwing accuracy. Not that I think he can't... it's just expecting an awful lot that has no guarantee of happening even with hard work. Like telling a 27-year old Juan Pierre "you can increase your SLG% by 100 points, just hit the gym. You can do it, you're a hard worker!"

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
I agree with this

I've got nothing at all against Tebow, I'm not a "hater" (he really seems to have a lot of honest-to-God haters, for no real reason) but it just doesn't seem like the things he got by on in college are going to fly against faster, stronger, just generally superior NFL defenses. By all accounts he's a great guy, and has a strong work ethic, but that's a LOT of work he has to do. Unless you're Mike Vick, and even he is debatable, you just won't amount to much of anything as an NFL quarterback without at least some passable throwing accuracy. Not that I think he can't... it's just expecting an awful lot that has no guarantee of happening even with hard work. Like telling a 27-year old Juan Pierre "you can increase your SLG% by 100 points, just hit the gym. You can do it, you're a hard worker!"

Most Tebow hate is media driven, no doubt about it. People just get tired of hearing about the guy. Obviously that's not his fault but he's not the only athlete it has happened to.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)
Most Tebow hate is media driven, no doubt about it. People just get tired of hearing about the guy. Obviously that's not his fault but he's not the only athlete it has happened to.

Thom Brennaman during the '09 BCS title game sealed it for me. That's the first time I seriously wanted to murder somebody on television.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)

Yeah, the media has definitely caused most of the hatred, but his one commercial pissed me off the most.

"They said I'd never play Division 1 Football" No they didn't, you were the 3rd ranked high school QB in the whole country.

"They said I'd never win the Heisman" What? You played as a freshman and were easily a preseason favorite for the award when you won it.

I'm all for hard work and effort, but let's not forget how big Tebow is and how much athletic ability he has been given. If he was 5'7, no one would know who he was.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 07:21 AM)
Thom Brennaman during the '09 BCS title game sealed it for me. That's the first time I seriously wanted to murder somebody on television.

What was that line? "If you have ever been graced with the opportunity to just be in the presence of Tim Tebow, you are already a better person." Ugh.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
Chiefs and Lions as the CBS early game? Lame

*checks couch cushions for money to invest in Sunday Ticket*

Fantasy football has made it impossible for me not to go to a bar on Sundays to watch every game but Lions-Chiefs really isn't that horrendous of a tv game. Should actually be a fun one to watch.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
Chiefs and Lions as the CBS early game? Lame

*checks couch cushions for money to invest in Sunday Ticket*

Jesus, if you don't want to watch that Lions' birthing offense against an AFC playoff team from a year ago with a chip on their shoulder because they were blown out last week, then just turn in your football fandom card. Hell, you already get Philadelphia @ Atlanta on Sunday night.

Plus, again, 7 bucks per month for Redzone and you'd see everything.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 06:21 PM)
Mark, you could not have pegged him better. He's a Notre Dame homer through and through.

Thusly, feel free to make fun of him!

My name is not mark? It's Espy!

anyway... here's a pic i'll donate to soxtalk for whenever someone owns him(based on his avatar). Because as easy as it was on my first try, I'm sure it happens often. (it's all in fun of course)

630Dead_owl_in_Italy_copy1.jpg

QUOTE (Espy.Teahen @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
My name is not mark? It's Espy!

anyway... here's a pic i'll donate to soxtalk for whenever someone owns him(based on his avatar). Because as easy as it was on my first try, I'm sure it happens often. (it's all in fun of course)

630Dead_owl_in_Italy_copy1.jpg

You didn't own me. Tebow is the worst QB in the NFL. Quinn could have gone to Kutztown St. and he's still be better than him.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
You didn't own me. Tebow is the worst QB in the NFL. Quinn could have gone to Kutztown St. and he's still be better than him.

You said Quinn >> Tebow and used 50% completion rate as a reason Tebow sucks. He pointed out Quinn has the same but not nearly as athletic as Tebow, I think that pretty much hits the nail on the head. Both of them might suck but Tebow deserves a shot at least imo, the team isn't going to playoffs or even be competitive whats the point in starting Orton.