Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 03:05 PM)
I was able to watch the game. Pretty fun/boring in the second quarter. Really impressed by Berkstrasser, he was slingin those balls in there. I'm still pretty worried about playing UGA in week 2 with all of our oline injuries. YOu could tell their inexperience at picking up blitzes, most of the pressures on Franklin were guys coming in untouched.

But, Murphy, Lawrence and Hansbrough in the backfield are quite the threat. I think we'll be alright without Josey.

Hell, it was boring after the initial excitement died down. Lawrence ran literally right in front of me, maybe 2 or 3 yards, on the big touchdown run and it wasn't too exciting at that point.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 03:05 PM)
I was able to watch the game. Pretty fun/boring in the second quarter. Really impressed by Berkstrasser, he was slingin those balls in there. I'm still pretty worried about playing UGA in week 2 with all of our oline injuries. YOu could tell their inexperience at picking up blitzes, most of the pressures on Franklin were guys coming in untouched.

But, Murphy, Lawrence and Hansbrough in the backfield are quite the threat. I think we'll be alright without Josey.

I think the team looked better than expected, but I agree about Berkstresser. He was the big surprise of the game for me. Really impressive on a couple throws and had good poise in the pocket. Obviously it's easy to have good poise in a blowout, but he showed the physical tools. Nice to know they have a competent backup if Franklin gets laid out in the middle of a run. Especially with that new rule forcing players to miss a play if their helmet comes off for something other than a face mask penalty.

I also agree about having Georgia so early, but I think it will help with the fan excitement. That should help Mizzou play its best.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
dasox will be happy, UTenn really looked like they could do whatever they wanted, offensively, against N.C. State.

Extremely happy. Haven't been able to post yet (I had 16 of my buddies from college staying with me this weekend), but definitely pleased with our opener.

The offense had some issues and didn't capitalize (e.g. fumble on the 1 yd line), but Patterson will fill in nicely for Da'Rick. Still leaves me wondering what could have been, though, if teams had to match up against the original threesome we had at WR.

I was more pleased with the defense, though. 5 forced turnovers (including the sack, strip, safety play) which was excellent to see against such a veteran offense. I had no idea how they'd look considering it's a new scheme (3-4) and we only have 2 senior starters, but I ended up liking what I saw. Seems like they'll have some breakdowns, but they'll also be aggressive and force turnovers. I'm okay with that.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)
I'm pretty optimistic about this season for NIU considering we nearly beat Iowa without a passing game of any kind today and with several critical mistakes. Today still hurts though because the game was there to be won. Hopefully, we don't lose again this year, because the schedule suggests it's possible. I'll be bemoaning the game today if such a scenario occurs, but whatever.

Our defense is pretty good, but I'm not sure how Iowa's offense is going to do in Big Ten play if they can only put up 3.4 yards a play against us.

They got into your territory all day long, and then consistently failed to do anything of value. New OC so hopefully it has more to do with the team still adjusting and the coach still learning his personell, etc. At the end of the day, at least they got a win against a solid NIU team. They aren't more then a 7 team win.

9 Georgia guys injured in the game vs Buffalo, 7 of which won't play this week. And, if Saint Richt decides to actually keep the folks suspended for this game that should be, Georgia is going to be very undermanned. This sounds good to me, and to dasox I'm sure. Whatever makes Georgia lose and bring them back down to earth, also helps UT/S.C.'s chances at the title. Georgia sure as hell doesn't have many other games on their schedule that are losses.

Go Missou!

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 03:14 PM)
9 Georgia guys injured in the game vs Buffalo, 7 of which won't play this week. And, if Saint Richt decides to actually keep the folks suspended for this game that should be, Georgia is going to be very undermanned. This sounds good to me, and to dasox I'm sure. Whatever makes Georgia lose and bring them back down to earth, also helps UT/S.C.'s chances at the title. Georgia sure as hell doesn't have many other games on their schedule that are losses.

Go Missou!

Mizzou.

Loren Tate reports that @Scheelhaase2 is at practice and looks healthy.

wdws1400

Scheelhaase much improved today. Still some stiffness in ankle but movement was better. 3 days until kickoff. #illini

JohnSupinie

Pleased.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 09:14 AM)

Go Missou!

Yep, sounds good to me too. I don't root for injuries to other team's players, but when they happen, I don't feel bad about it (unless it's really severe). And if Richt has any integrity, he'll keep those guys suspended. But yes, this is one of the tougher games on Georgia's easy schedule, so do us proud Mizzou!

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 07:02 PM)
For all you bettors out there, Florida State is a 70.5 point favorite against Savannah State this weekend, largest point spread ever. The Tigers did lose 84-0 to OK St., last week.

My book has dropped all the way to 63.5

I would have taken Savannah St in a heartbeat at 70.5