2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 06:48 PM)
True, one thing that was missing last year were the complete nonsense plays, I'll give you that.

I still feel like I was watching a system last year where the Bears were 100% insistent that they could take deep drops and throw the ball down the field while their O-Line was matched up one on one, which was also where I felt the Martz system failed the worst.

I agree. The passing plays took way too long to develop, and usually didn't develop. Which was the opposite of what I thought we were in for.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 12:08 PM)
Trestman is lucky that the Bears already have a solid team compare to the other teams that hired a HC.

Hey did you miss my post! Dont forget to take some pics at all these playoff games you go to, wed all love to see the pictures!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 07:35 PM)
Who actually was responsible for Gannon's success with the Raiders, Trestman or Gruden?

I don't think it's an either/or. I think it's an example of the success you can have when you have an offensive scheme geared to the QB's success.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 12:39 PM)
BTW, The Raiders had a ridiculous O-Line when Trestman was there. Better hope they finally make some improvements in that area.

Barrett Robbins was ridiculous for sure.

Too soon?

:D

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 07:39 PM)
BTW, The Raiders had a ridiculous O-Line when Trestman was there. Better hope they finally make some improvements in that area.

If J'marcus Webb is the bears LT next year...hoo doggy.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 01:35 PM)
Who actually was responsible for Gannon's success with the Raiders, Trestman or Gruden?

Gannon was very good the two years prior to Trestman landing in Oakland. His numbers improved a little bit under Trestman but he had already established himself as a good QB. Similarly, Trestman's offenses put up very good numbers his first two years in Oakland but Oakland's offense had already been really good the two years prior to Trestman arriving.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 11:21 AM)
Cutler can rest his cannon arm now that he's running the dink-and-dunk offense.

Cutler is a "coach killer". It's always somebody else fault why he can't succeed

You're in rare form today.

I'm 6 outta 8 so far, missing on the Denver game that was choked away and Seattle losing to ATL.

49ers 26

Atlanta 24 (wouldn't surprise me though if the Falcons squeeze it out but sticking with SF)

Pats 30

Ravens 24 (would love to be wrong here)

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
Sounds like Jags DC Mel Tucker may be available. Id like to see the bears look into him, he was a name rumored for the Wisconsin HC job and uses a cover 2 system.

Then again anything that has Jaguars next to it scares me.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

League sources tell the Chicago Tribune that the Bears are "very interested" in Mel Tucker for their defensive coordinator vacancy.

Tucker, who has coordinated Jacksonville's defense for the past four seasons, runs a Cover 2-style scheme and would allow Chicago to make a smooth transition away from the Lovie Smith era. Tucker is not expected back with the Jaguars following the hire of defensive-minded coach Gus Bradley.

Makes sense

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 01:19 PM)
I'm 6 outta 8 so far, missing on the Denver game that was choked away and Seattle losing to ATL.

49ers 26

Atlanta 24 (wouldn't surprise me though if the Falcons squeeze it out but sticking with SF)

Pats 30

Ravens 24 (would love to be wrong here)

I'm gonna go against the grain and pick the Ravens. Niners in the other game. Harbaugh Bowl!

Damn you Kyle, you posted that while I was going back to get my quote about Mel Tucker being a name the Bears should look into.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Tucker

Tucker has a pretty good pedigree. Played for Alvarez, GA for Saban, DB coach for Tressel and Co-DC. DB Coach/DC at Cleveland and DC at Jaguars.

He probably will run a slightly more aggressive cover 2, less MLB deep drops.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)
Damn you Kyle, you posted that while I was going back to get my quote about Mel Tucker being a name the Bears should look into.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Tucker

Tucker has a pretty good pedigree. Played for Alvarez, GA for Saban, DB coach for Tressel and Co-DC. DB Coach/DC at Cleveland and DC at Jaguars.

He probably will run a slightly more aggressive cover 2, less MLB deep drops.

quick on the draw. FROM MY PHONE TOO!!!

I liked the Jags D, seemed like they got bogged down from a horrible offense. However, for being on the field that much they were not good at getting takeaways. They had 24 FF+INTs, the bears had 50. I loved that edge we had, and I'd hate to see it go away.