2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
I had a 6 team parlay for fun...hit the first 5 in the morning...had the Raiders in the afternoon -2....then they allowed Doug Martin to run through them like it was a high school game...$1500 down the drain...boo hoo.

Why not hedge at that point?

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 09:59 AM)
Current injured players for the Packers.

Jordy Nelson

Brian Bulaga

Greg Jennings

John Kuhn

Sam Shields

Nick Perry

Jerel Worthy

Charles Woodson

Cedric Benson

Frank Zombo

Clay Matthews

Never been so excited for a bye week.

I still don't get why they let Nelson play yesterday. I'm sure that he felt much better, but it's a game that you should win easily without him, and the bye week was coming up too. That's an extra two week rest for him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 10:16 AM)
I still don't get why they let Nelson play yesterday. I'm sure that he felt much better, but it's a game that you should win easily without him, and the bye week was coming up too. That's an extra two week rest for him.

Yeah I don't know. Although he hurt his ankle yesterday and really had nothing to do with the hamstring.

I still would have let him sit.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 11:09 AM)
Why not hedge at that point?

I should have hedged at the half of the Raiders-Bucs game. I didn't have enough time before the start of the game because the Packers/Titans/Ravens/Broncos games were all going down to the end (in terms of covering the spread). But the Raiders were up 10-7 at half and honestly I could have put $500 or so on the Bucs in the second half to hedge. But I was too lazy to get up and run out to the book...so I have no one to blame but myself.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 11:00 AM)
Matthews is a beast, but it's really Green Bay's offense and special teams that kill the Bears. Their offense never turns the ball over and their punter neutralizes Hester. The Bears offense never gets a short field to work with, unlike every other opponent where the Bears have a couple 10-yard scoring drives and/or the defense just goes ahead and scores. The Bears could very well end up 13-3 with two losses to Green Bay and lose the division on tiebreaker.

Yeah, the Packers' offense just seems to play pretty clean against us...Rogers is so accurate at throwing across the middle that we don't seem to get too many of those deflected or tipped passes to pick off...but we have held them in check pretty well in the last several games...their ability to shut down our offense seems to be almost as big or a bigger concern to me, because we can't seem to protect our quarterback against them.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 10:33 AM)
Rodgers has only been ok against the Bears for the most part. It has been the Packers D that has killed Cutler. His numbers against the Packers since coming to the Bears are awful.

This

Rodgers has only been ok against the Bears for the most part. It has been the Packers D that has killed Cutler. His numbers against the Packers since coming to the Bears are awful.

OK against the Bears is excellent compared to other QBs. The Bears D gets 2-3 turnovers a game but none against Rodgers. Plus, even on possessions where the Packers don't score, they rarely go 3-and-out so they're moving the ball and changing field position.

Yes, the Packers D kills Cutler, but Cutler never gets to work with a short field against them either.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 09:47 AM)
I had a 6 team parlay for fun...hit the first 5 in the morning...had the Raiders in the afternoon -2....then they allowed Doug Martin to run through them like it was a high school game...$1500 down the drain...boo hoo.

Just curious how much did you bet into that?

The Bears' problem with the Packers is their pass rush. The inability to deal with the pass rush from an OL, QB, and scheme standpoint make it more or less impossible to really say whether the other aspects of those teams really matter. Hopefully by the next GB game Mike Tice learns things like the three step drop, the run play on first down, etc.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 12:35 PM)
The Bears' problem with the Packers is their pass rush. The inability to deal with the pass rush from an OL, QB, and scheme standpoint make it more or less impossible to really say whether the other aspects of those teams really matter. Hopefully by the next GB game Mike Tice learns things like the three step drop, the run play on first down, etc.

If Mike Tice would just be more committed to the run game early I think that would help offense A LOT

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 02:35 PM)

Or use some 2 TE sets to help the OL out.

Whens Rodriguez coming back?? Line him up in the backfield and use him as a "spy" on Clay Matthews.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)
Or use some 2 TE sets to help the OL out.

Whens Rodriguez coming back?? Line him up in the backfield and use him as a "spy" on Clay Matthews.

The problem with that is it leaves you with only two WR and one RB.

Really limits what you can do on offense.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)
Bears next 2 games will tell a lot more.. As of today, I believe that the Bears are the best team today, no matter what the Falcons do.

I have a hard time calling them the best team in football. Not when the offensive line is so inconsistent. It really is bad when it comes to pass protection. The penalties were awful and completely prevented them from getting any rhythm on certain drives. 3 of the 1st 4 drives you had big penalties that prevented them from getting going. Cutler settled in and had a great game.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 01:19 PM)
I have a hard time calling them the best team in football. Not when the offensive line is so inconsistent. It really is bad when it comes to pass protection. The penalties were awful and completely prevented them from getting any rhythm on certain drives. 3 of the 1st 4 drives you had big penalties that prevented them from getting going. Cutler settled in and had a great game.

It is just frustrating the last 2 weeks we came out running great and Tice has gotten pass happy. To start the season i was worried about us being run heavy but Forte is not getting nearly enough carries per game. The guy is avg. near 5 yards a carry let him make the defense stack the box than go to the pass and open it up, it will make the O-line play better and prevent Cutler from early trouble and give our defense some time to get a breath.

Going to be a good matchup next week with Arian Foster vs our run defense... CJ was on fire and we controlled him, not counting his 80 yard run vs backups.

Edited by GoodAsGould

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 07:19 PM)

I think it's fair to say at this point that we need to upgrade both tackle positions. Carimi's pass protection is below average even if he is pretty good on the run.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
I think it's fair to say at this point that we need to upgrade both tackle positions. Carimi's pass protection is below average even if he is pretty good on the run.

I'm still willing to give Carimi time to develop, he has only played 9.5 NFL games in his career.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
The problem with that is it leaves you with only two WR and one RB.

Really limits what you can do on offense.

Green Bay did lost their best DB and we have a clear advantage with Marshall on the team now. I wouldnt mind trying those sets out.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
Green Bay did lost their best DB and we have a clear advantage with Marshall on the team now. I wouldnt mind trying those sets out.

Woodson is far from their best coverage DB. First game this year Tramon Williams and Morgan Burnett covered Marshall.

Woodson will probably be back for the Bears game anyways.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Woodson is far from their best coverage DB. First game this year Tramon Williams and Morgan Burnett covered Marshall.

Woodson will probably be back for the Bears game anyways.

It doesn't matter who is covering Marshall if Jay is afraid to look up the field every time he drops back...