2012-2013 NFL Thread

Rodgers has only been ok against the Bears for the most part. It has been the Packers D that has killed Cutler. His numbers against the Packers since coming to the Bears are awful.

Yeah and Dom Capers' defense just destroys the s*** out of our Oline, who aren't good to begin with

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Woodson is far from their best coverage DB. First game this year Tramon Williams and Morgan Burnett covered Marshall.

Woodson will probably be back for the Bears game anyways.

Did you notice how I said best DB and not best coverage DB yet you inserted that language? Woodson kills the Bears with blitzes and turnovers. And its not set in stone he will be back and back 100%.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)
Did you notice how I said best DB and not best coverage DB yet you inserted that language? Woodson kills the Bears with blitzes and turnovers. And its not set in stone he will be back and back 100%.

You were talking about having an advantage with Marshall. I assumed you meant in coverage.

I do agree that Woodson has had success against the Bears. 6 ints and 2 sacks.

We also need to move the pocket more against Green Bay and I can't recall a screen pass to Forte ever working against them. The Bears need to work on that because conventional offensive sets ain't working.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Am i the only one who thinks our Oline looks WORSE on roll outs and play actions? Some rusher is always in Jays face in 2-3 seconds flat

I think it was on a roll out where Suh demolished Jay

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
Am i the only one who thinks our Oline looks WORSE on roll outs and play actions? Some rusher is always in Jays face in 2-3 seconds flat

I think it was on a roll out where Suh demolished Jay

I don't remember that being a planned roll out, I think Jay was simply running from the pressure

Jay moved from the pressure, and instead of just throwing the ball away, thought he would be able to run away from Suh.

Part of the OL's issue is Cutler, because he does a lot of odd things with the ball. Im pretty sure he was sacked on a screen play because after the rb route was messed up, he held onto the ball as if there was another option.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 04:39 PM)
Jay moved from the pressure, and instead of just throwing the ball away, thought he would be able to run away from Suh.

Part of the OL's issue is Cutler, because he does a lot of odd things with the ball. Im pretty sure he was sacked on a screen play because after the rb route was messed up, he held onto the ball as if there was another option.

Yeah, he doesn't ever give up on plays...

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)
And with the Bears defense playing at an elite level that just makes no sense. If there is no good read, just throw the ball away. I dont know if there is a throw away stat, but my guess is that Cutler is on the low end.

Yeah, he'll either force it in somewhere or just run towards the sideline and get hit for no gain...

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)
I agree that Jay needs to stop getting hit unnecessarily. And he's not been that good throwing on the move this year, I remember him being much better at that.

He should watch the game film of him last year vs Detroit when we beat them. He had incredible pocket awareness that game.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)
I think it's fair to say at this point that we need to upgrade both tackle positions. Carimi's pass protection is below average even if he is pretty good on the run.

You are writing off Carimi way too soon and to be honest, Webb hasn't been a major problem. The key is the development of the two of them and improved guard play. The stupid penalties are ridiculous though. Obviously, I would love a franchise LT though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 06:41 PM)
You are writing off Carimi way too soon and to be honest, Webb hasn't been a major problem. The key is the development of the two of them and improved guard play. The stupid penalties are ridiculous though. Obviously, I would love a franchise LT though.

I think the guards are the only part of our OL that have been adequate. They haven't been perfect but I'm a big Lance Louis fan and Rachal on the other side seems to be playing pretty well this season. Garza has been weak this season and Carimi has probably been the worst member of a bad O-Line this season. Webb has been passable as of late but the guy is always due to have a terrible game and get blown up... I don't think it would be hard to find an upgrade over him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 06:41 PM)

Webb has absolutely been a huge problem. Jay doesn't trust his blind side, his troubles start there

The safety yesterday was on Webb. How can you stick your hands in the defenders face in the end zone? How are you that unaware?

He should watch the game film of him last year vs Detroit when we beat them. He had incredible pocket awareness that game.

Yes he did, he was a boss in that game

Thanks Mr Obvious, you're a lifesaver!

Well if it's so obvious then maybe someone can tell it to Jay

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 12:27 AM)

The game before the game that our season ended. Sigh.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 7, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
Peanut may miss Sunday's game vs. Houston. His wife is due to have their fourth child any day now, if she goes into labor on Sunday, he won't play to be with her.

Jeesh...induce her labor, Dr....don't you know what is at stake here?