2012 MLB draft talk

DirtySox

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was cringing as he did that back flip. Like the fact that he'll have a plus outfield arm. Not sure if he can stay in CF, but I think Mitchell will be there, so hopefully that power continues to develop (obviously he's got good power now and it should only get better) and we see him in RF for a long time. The dude is strong.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 07:37 PM)
Dude is a physical specimen. He will assuredly grow out of CF.

Absolutely a future RF. Extremely, extremely raw, so people here are gonna have to be patient and can't stress this enough.. is only 18. Sox are definitely going pitcher with their next pick.

Churchill:

Hawkins, blessed with plus bat speed and strength and good athleticism, has the upside of a 30-35 homer slugger. But he's rare in that he could also develop into .300 hitter who gets on base, drawing some comparisons to some of the better current outfielders in baseball, including Matt Kemp. He's an average runner, perhaps slightly above average, and he plays a good right field. Hawkins is a different type of player than what the White Sox have been on the past several years, but he may be their No. 1 prospect the second he puts pen to paper on a contract.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 07:40 PM)
I was cringing as he did that back flip. Like the fact that he'll have a plus outfield arm. Not sure if he can stay in CF, but I think Mitchell will be there, so hopefully that power continues to develop and we see him in RF for a long time. The dude is strong.

Plus arm. Best in the system already. Projects to RF IMO

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 06:41 PM)
Absolutely a future RF. Extremely, extremely raw, so people here are gonna have to be patient and can't stress this enough.. is only 18. Sox are definitely going pitcher with their next pick.

Trade him! :)