White Sox Loser

Jake

Dunn showed up and would have had his 2nd homer if not for the wind in RF.

We would have taken a .233 average if most Sox fans were asked a prediction for Dunn after one week of play.

Viciedo with another liner that got out quickly...so low the wind couldn't knock it down. But, as the AB against Valverde demonstrated, he's still a split second behind on fastballs, guessing too much when the opposing pitcher can throw in the mid 90's to try to get a head start.

Beckham didn't do anything bad, because he wasn't playing.

Reed looked vulnerable for the first time, but Nathan Jones put himself into a horrible situation and pitched out of it.

Sale struggled all game with his control and a questionable strike zone after the easy first inning.

Questionable decisions by Ventura to let Sale go out again for the 6th and to take out Stewart after a 1-2-3 7th, as well as leaving in Ohman to face right-handed batters.

Still, this just felt like one of those 54 games you lose every year. Beckham and Morel have no business challenging Adam Dunn for the team K lead.

And questions will abound about Morel, who has accumulated 11 K's in 26 ab's in the 2 spot.

Mcgrad still hasn't joined this thread but maybe it's coming, if what he posts is anything like the game thread at the end.

There's a difference between being negative/pessimistic and bitter, almost hateful towards the White Sox and their owner. If you don't derive any pleasure from something in life, except when it's disappointing...maybe it's better to find a different hobby, like reading....although I can imagine mcgrad getting mad at book publishers or movie studios for putting out terrible product, too.

As long as this isn't the last time they're in first place all season long, I'll be contented.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
Questionable decisions by Ventura to let Sale go out again for the 6th and to take out Stewart after a 1-2-3 7th, as well as leaving in Ohman to face right-handed batters.

Sale came out after the 5th, Jones came in the game in the 6th.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)
Sale came out after the 5th, Jones came in the game in the 6th.

He actually came out for the first batter in the 6th, which was Prince Fielder, who promptly hit a double.

I think he was just coming out for the one hitter though.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
He actually came out for the first batter in the 6th, which was Prince Fielder, who promptly hit a double.

I think he was just coming out for the one hitter though.

Yeah, you had Sale a lefty or Jones a righty and you had to pick which of them got Fielder. That's not an easy task for either of them.

I've got to defriend Joe Cowley on Facebook. He tries to rile up all of the Sox fans as he clearly sucks as a columnist so he has to fill Mariotti's role.

2 of 3 is rather good, and they strung so many hits together against Valverde so that was a plus. I went to the game yesterday and sat next to a bunch of Detroit fans who said they are worried about the White Sox out of all of the other teams, in addition to disagreeing with the notion that they will win the division by 10 games.

Did anyone catch Ohman talking to Venture as he was taken out? Seems like there was some disagreement there about how he was being used.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
Mcgrad still hasn't joined this thread but maybe it's coming, if what he posts is anything like the game thread at the end.

There's a difference between being negative/pessimistic and bitter, almost hateful towards the White Sox and their owner. If you don't derive any pleasure from something in life, except when it's disappointing...maybe it's better to find a different hobby, like reading....although I can imagine mcgrad getting mad at book publishers or movie studios for putting out terrible product, too.

As long as this isn't the last time they're in first place all season long, I'll be contented.

He's just happy that Beckman had the day off.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 12:15 AM)
I say they try Alexi or Rios in the 2-hole, Morel just isnt going to work. Which will suck especially if we gonna have Rios, morel and beckham at the bottom of the lineup there

Alexei yes. Rios, no.

Rios platoon with Fuko? Yes.