The Avengers/Marvel Comics thread

caulfield12

Black Panther, oft-discussed as a possible Marvel movie, now appears to be on track to make his big-screen debut.

Latino Review, who are in the Marvel scoop business these days (and claim they have four different "trusted" sources in the know), says that a film about the Wakandan prince (or king, depending on the story) T'Challa is in the pipeline and is apparently intended to be released after Captain America 2 (which hits in April of 2014).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/05/is-...movie-happening

Could this be the start of the rumored Black Panther/Ant-Man/Wasp/Dr. Strange/Luke Cage movies that have been hinted at?

And here's a fake trailer made by Isaiah Mustafa (Old Spice guy) who really, really, REALLY wants to portray Luke Cage

My guess is Avengers 2 will complete the "Phase 2" movies and will be massive.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/06/the...gue-movie-lives

The Justice League is possibly having a movie made.

Unless they get Christian Bale signed on as Batman, I don't see good things happening.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/j...-203740882.html

Not sure if this is the same article or maybe a twist on the one you read.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 03:43 AM)
It's one thing to ditch Megan Fox from Transformers or Tobey Maguire from Spider-Man, but Bale has become THE Batman of the last 20-25 years.

Um, one thing is very much not like the others

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
Could this be the start of the rumored Black Panther/Ant-Man/Wasp/Dr. Strange/Luke Cage movies that have been hinted at?

And here's a fake trailer made by Isaiah Mustafa (Old Spice guy) who really, really, REALLY wants to portray Luke Cage

My guess is Avengers 2 will complete the "Phase 2" movies and will be massive.

Marvel has an un-announced movie release day in the middle of May 2014. A movie like this would be a great tie in to the Avengers 2 which I assume will be in May of 2015.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/29/how...laxy-movie-work

Look's like Guardians of the Galaxy will be announced at San Diego Comic Con next week. It's the unannounced Marvel movie.

This shocks me. I thought it'd be Black Panther, Ant-Man, S.H.I.E.L.D, or Dr. Strange (in that order) before Guardians of the Galaxy. But apparently the script is fantastic.

Thing is, they've hinted at the first 3 heavily...along with a Winter Soldier and War Machine film.

My guess...

Phase 2:

Iron Man 3

Thor 2

Captain America 2

Guardians of the Galaxy

Avengers 2

Phase 3:

Thor 3

Captain America 3

Black Panther

Ant-Man (Bringing back Coulson as Vision, introducing Wasp as well)/S.H.I.E.L.D (Nick Fury, Black Widow, Hawkeye)

Hulk 2

Avengers 3

Phase 4 (If Spidey can be crossed over in a deal)

Civil War

Also, it just dawned on me how massive this movie franchise will end up being.

Edited by Quinarvy

Guardians of the Galaxy is supposed to dovetail with Thor. The next Thor movie is not supposed to take place on earth at all, im guessing that he is going to figure out how much Thanos has to do with everything.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 08:55 AM)
Guardians of the Galaxy is supposed to dovetail with Thor. The next Thor movie is not supposed to take place on earth at all, im guessing that he is going to figure out how much Thanos has to do with everything.

Thanos is awesome. The more he's around, the better in my opinion.

There's rumors around about The Avengers possibly being re-released in theatres because director Joss Wheldon originally had roughly a 3 hour movie before they cut it down to 2 hours and 20 minutes. Supposively a lot of the cut film dealt with Captain America. It'd be cool to see it be released again with the extra footage.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
Thanos is awesome. The more he's around, the better in my opinion.

There's rumors around about The Avengers possibly being re-released in theatres because director Joss Wheldon originally had roughly a 3 hour movie before they cut it down to 2 hours and 20 minutes. Supposively a lot of the cut film dealt with Captain America. It'd be cool to see it be released again with the extra footage.

This both pleases and angers me.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
How so?

Pleases me because MORE AVENGERS.

Angers me because it means that the normal version will come out on Blu-Ray first, then the extended edition will be a while after that. So I'll have to wait longer to add Avengers to my Blu-Rays.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)

Angers me because it means that the normal version will come out on Blu-Ray first, then the extended edition will be a while after that. So I'll have to wait longer to add Avengers to my Blu-Rays.

Yeah that does suck. I didn't think about that.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 06:39 PM)
I looked more into it and it sounds like Disney doesn't want to re-release the Avengers. Instead all of the extras including an alternate intro and an an alternate ending will be on the DVD/Blu Ray along with 30 or so extra minutes of the movie.

And this makes me giddy.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)

As someone who was your age once and built a sweet dvd collection, all I can say is "don't bother" with the bluray "collection". There will be a time very soon where blurays are phased out and you'll be stuck with a bunch of crap you'd rather have not spent your money on - just watch the movie from redbox or streamed online for dirt cheap when in the need!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
As someone who was your age once and built a sweet dvd collection, all I can say is "don't bother" with the bluray "collection". There will be a time very soon where blurays are phased out and you'll be stuck with a bunch of crap you'd rather have not spent your money on - just watch the movie from redbox or streamed online for dirt cheap when in the need!

I like physical media. Call me old-fashioned.

Speaking of which...

LiscensetoPhil.jpg

Reviving this with Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy announced for Phase 2.

Which means Phase 2 will be...

Iron Man 3 - 2013

Thor: The Dark World - 2013

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy - 2014

Ant-Man - 2015

Avengers 2 - 2015

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 04:36 AM)
Reviving this with Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy announced for Phase 2.

Which means Phase 2 will be...

Iron Man 3 - 2013

Thor: The Dark World - 2013

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy - 2014

Ant-Man - 2015

Avengers 2 - 2015

Ant-Man is just some guy that can get really small and really big right, wonder how that will do in the box office.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 05:20 AM)
Ant-Man is just some guy that can get really small and really big right, wonder how that will do in the box office.

Like a talking raccoon, a big green guy, and a Norse god?

Also, my guess is it will have Wasp, the SHIELD agents, and bring Coulson back as Vision.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 05:45 AM)
Like a talking raccoon, a big green guy, and a Norse god?

Also, my guess is it will have Wasp, the SHIELD agents, and bring Coulson back as Vision.

Talking raccoon?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 12:53 PM)
Edgar Wright showed some Ant man test footage at Comicon that was apparently recieved very well

If he's directing it, it'll be good.