Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians

Kyyle23

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)
can we block peoples comments on here?? greg, do you every say a positive thing about this team?? Why cant Stultz win the next game, you see what Quintana just did as an unknown.

I'm just really down on the team right now.

I just really feel the Sale news turns the Sox into the Twins.

The home record was a very very bad sign cause no teams with .500-.600 potential have the kind of home record the Sox have.

You guys seem to ignore the warning signs of our home record and are OK with this.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:22 PM)
can we block peoples comments on here?? greg, do you every say a positive thing about this team?? Why cant Stultz win the next game, you see what Quintana just did as an unknown.

Greg is without a doubt the most annoying poster on here to me. It's as if he lives in a movie. Everything is so dramatic and superlative. Hyperbole out of the ass and dramatic about everything.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
I don't think so. Lilli's a .172 hitter and Dunn's the guy who can beat you...and you want him facing a LHP. Even if Lilli does something positive, odds are it isn't going to tie the game. What does he have? One double?

Lilli has been a decent hitter against lefties in his career (hasn't had many ABs this year period) and if Lillbridge gets a hit there, Acta would have had to pull the lefty with how bad he'd been pitching. Bringing in a righty for Dunn could have made things real fun.

But in true White Sox #2 hitter fashion, he went down without much a fight to a pitcher that had looked like s*** the whole inning.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
Ok, that's happened 0 times this season, so where is your "pattern"??

Score was not 8-6 today? Scored 5 last Thursday and lost, 4 on Friday lost.............pattern to me.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Jake @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
Lilli has been a decent hitter against lefties in his career (hasn't had many ABs this year period) and if Lillbridge gets a hit there, Acta would have had to pull the lefty with how bad he'd been pitching. Bringing in a righty for Dunn could have made things real fun.

But in true White Sox #2 hitter fashion, he went down without much a fight to a pitcher that had looked like s*** the whole inning.

1) Hagadone pitched fine? He entered with the game 8-6 with one on and nobody out...the game ended 8-6. He induced two flyballs, a grounder and a he walked a guy.

2) There was absolutely ZERO chance Hagadone wasn't facing Dunn. It just goes to show what happens when your two hole hitter is so bad. The other team has zero fear in facing them righty or lefty.

Best case scenario is Lilli finds a way on-base (walk, RBI hit) and the score is 8-6 or 8-7 with Dunn coming up...and we all know that Dunn has almost no chance against LHP. Acta knows this. I think it was a very good move by Acta. Lilli has been equal opportunity suck this season vs. righties or lefties.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
1) Hagadone pitched fine? He entered with the game 8-6 with one on and nobody out...the game ended 8-6. He induced two flyballs, a grounder and a he walked a guy.

2) There was absolutely ZERO chance Hagadone wasn't facing Dunn. It just goes to show what happens when your two hole hitter is so bad. The other team has zero fear in facing them righty or lefty.

Best case scenario is Lilli finds a way on-base (walk, RBI hit) and the score is 8-6 or 8-7 with Dunn coming up...and we all know that Dunn has almost no chance against LHP. Acta knows this. I think it was a very good move by Acta. Lilli has been equal opportunity suck this season vs. righties or lefties.

Did I miss a pitching change? lol

Yeah, Ascencio started the inning -- my bad :D

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
Score was not 8-6 today? Scored 5 last Thursday and lost, 4 on Friday lost.............pattern to me.

lol...if you're expecting a team never to lose a game where they score 4 runs then you're crazy. There are 162 games. ALL teams lose numerous times when they score even 6+ runs.

Edited by jeffro2525

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)

Lol. Obviously this is going to take a while to explain, so I'll just stop here and pretend to agree with you.....

Yeah, yeah, Sox lose 6 to 8 and 9 to 11 all the time. Totally agree, we score so many runs but our pitching sucks. Agreed!

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)

Dunn isn't a #3 hitter that's one of the problem's with this team.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏ @CST_soxvan

game 2: De Aza 8, Beckham 4, rios 9, dunn 3, Ramirez 6, Fukudome 7, viciedo dh, flowers 2, morel 5

No Paulie...was really afraid of that.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏ @CST_soxvan

game 2: De Aza 8, Beckham 4, rios 9, dunn 3, Ramirez 6, Fukudome 7, viciedo dh, flowers 2, morel 5

Morel....

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:22 PM)

Yes, block the user, I have 2 pretty notorious posters on block.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)
Dunn isn't a #3 hitter that's one of the problem's with this team.

Youre right, hes a #4 hitter. PK should be in the 3. Beckhams showed some good strides lately, that double today looked like the old Beckham, if he can get back to that the Sox 1-4 can be pretty good...Hopefully the cubans are once again just having a slow start which seems to be a trend, if Dayan can become the 5 hitter, AJ the 6th then Lexi the 7th the sox could have a pretty good offense.....Now they need Danks to turn his struggles around, Phillip to get back to pre all star/perfect game Humber and Axelrod or whoever they throw out in the 5 spot to keep them in games and the sox will be fine....I think (as an optimist homer) that they can compete for 1 of the 2 wild card spots.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
I'm at the point of either go 15-5 or go 5-15 the next 20. Nothing in between.

I'm with you. They need something to make it click, though. Don't want to see a brawl but sometimes it works. A solid roster move, someone coming up and catching fire, that would help. A spark, that's what the team needs. And I don't think it's on this roster right now.

I'm the ONLY one that says this...but Koske Fukudome playing more would really help the line-up.

He makes contact, and is constantly having quality at-bats. Just this week he has extended games in the 9th inning by drawing a walk. He's the perfect guy to come up when the Sox have a runner at 2nd and no one out. He will hit the ball to the right side. He will hit the sac-fly when there's a runner at 3rd and less than one one.

I'm not saying play him over DeAza, Viciedo or any other young guy...but when DeAza or Tank need a breather he can step in. I'm actually calling for more of a platoon with Rios.

I'm not saying halt the development of ANYONE. But Fukudome has a great eye, good bat control and would really make a difference in the line-up playing more than once a week (if that)...

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
Youre right, hes a #4 hitter. PK should be in the 3. Beckhams showed some good strides lately, that double today looked like the old Beckham, if he can get back to that the Sox 1-4 can be pretty good...Hopefully the cubans are once again just having a slow start which seems to be a trend, if Dayan can become the 5 hitter, AJ the 6th then Lexi the 7th the sox could have a pretty good offense.....Now they need Danks to turn his struggles around, Phillip to get back to pre all star/perfect game Humber and Axelrod or whoever they throw out in the 5 spot to keep them in games and the sox will be fine....I think (as an optimist homer) that they can compete for 1 of the 2 wild card spots.

Best line-up:

vs. RHP:

DeAza 8-Fukudome 7-AJ 2-Paulie 3-Dunn DH-Rios 9-Ramirez 6-Lilli 5-Beckham 4

vs. LHP

DeAza 8-Ramirez 6-PK 3-Viciedo 7-Dunn DH-Rios 9-AJ 2-Lilli 5 2-Beckham 4

Not including obvious days off for AJ and a few of the other regulars...

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 7, 2012 -> 04:07 PM)
Ooooh, indulge us! (Would be kind of funny if he can't see this because he blocks me already, ha)

Nope, sorry. You are not one of them. It takes alot of super annoying posts to get me to ignore you, I had ignored only one user my entire time on here until a few days ago.