Slow pitch softball thread

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:46 AM)
Good luck. Those fields are tiny, you should have a lot of home runs there.

This will be my 6th year doing this tournament. We've played on some of those 275 ft fields. I think I've only seen 1 HR hit, and I don't think I've ever even 1 hopped the wall on them. It's a tease.

We play Tues and Thurs the next couple of week to make up games that were rained out earlier.

We're undefeated but 3 of the next 4 games are vs teams with 1 or 2 losses only. Which means we've played all the weak teams to be undefeated. Ha.

We're still good so the playoffs should be fun.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:21 AM)
This will be my 6th year doing this tournament. We've played on some of those 275 ft fields. I think I've only seen 1 HR hit, and I don't think I've ever even 1 hopped the wall on them. It's a tease.

Really? I live 20 minutes from that park, I have played there many times. We hit our limit everytime I go.

Of course, my park in Arlington Heights is 300

No arc limit?

What time do you play?

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:21 AM)

I've been missing home runs by 5 feet in batting practice on 300 foot fields. It's irritating.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)
Really? I live 20 minutes from that park, I have played there many times. We hit our limit everytime I go.

Of course, my park in Arlington Heights is 300

No arc limit?

What time do you play?

6 to 12 feet.

We made it to the Final 4 for the second time, but this tournament was only 32 teams I think. Last time it was 64. We could have played the 3rd place game, but after 5 straight games, we were all dead tired. I pitched every game, had to have at least 30 strikeouts in those 5 games. One of the games I struck out about 12, 10 of them looking. My pitch moves about 3-4 feet in the air, it's disgusting.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 10:49 PM)
6 to 12 feet.

We made it to the Final 4 for the second time, but this tournament was only 32 teams I think. Last time it was 64. We could have played the 3rd place game, but after 5 straight games, we were all dead tired. I pitched every game, had to have at least 30 strikeouts in those 5 games. One of the games I struck out about 12, 10 of them looking. My pitch moves about 3-4 feet in the air, it's disgusting.

LMAO ok

We had our playoff last night and lost the championship game 11-9 after winning our semifinal 20-0. We finished our first game a half hour before the other team finished theirs and we just came in cold.

http://www.quickscores.com/Orgs/ResultsDis...LeagueID=457196

we are the Flyballers

Our playoffs start next week, finally, after finishing 10-0.

Got into with the team last night because a couple of our hitters were going up the middle and the pitcher had to defend himself. We weren't doing anything on purpose, but they thought we may have been so started hitting liners at our pitcher. Ump did a good job of settling things down.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 07:27 AM)
LMAO ok

We had our playoff last night and lost the championship game 11-9 after winning our semifinal 20-0. We finished our first game a half hour before the other team finished theirs and we just came in cold.

http://www.quickscores.com/Orgs/ResultsDis...LeagueID=457196

we are the Flyballers

Yea I'm not believing 6 K's a game either, unless those teams just completely sucked ass.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 09:53 AM)
Yea I'm not believing 6 K's a game either, unless those teams just completely sucked ass.

I pitch and I consider myself pretty good. We play 6-12 foot arc but I generally throw in the 15-18 range since it's never called. And I can put curve on it and knuckle it. If I get 1 strikeout a game it's great. 6 K's per game is either against 12 year olds, legally blind individuals or not exactly truthful

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 09:12 AM)
Im not calling Chili a liar, all I am saying is I have been playing for 18 years and he just declared himself the single greatest pitcher in all my 18 years playing softball

/hawk

Bout time you recognize

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 10:12 AM)
Im not calling Chili a liar, all I am saying is I have been playing for 18 years and he just declared himself the single greatest pitcher in all my 18 years playing softball

/hawk

Team USA should definitely be made aware of someone striking out 6 per game in slow pitch softball

Team USA is something else. I have watched a few of their games on ESPN, just crazy power. And their pitchers are just fearless. Anything hit box and a glove is on it.

Our team has a few of Jeff Halls bats, they are nice

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 08:53 AM)

In Chili's league, he's allowed to throw the ball like a baseball. That's how he's getting those Ks.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 10:26 AM)
Team USA is something else. I have watched a few of their games on ESPN, just crazy power. And their pitchers are just fearless. Anything hit box and a glove is on it.

Our team has a few of Jeff Halls bats, they are nice

It really is insane to watch those games. Those guys would be pretty unstoppable on a field with no fence

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
It really is insane to watch those games. Those guys would be pretty unstoppable on a field with no fence

They get mad when they hit a 3 run homer, because it is a waste of a homerun. In a 10 HR limit game.

Think about how ridiculous that is.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
In Chili's league, he's allowed to throw the ball like a baseball. That's how he's getting those Ks.

I move when I hit so i dont stand there looking for borderline balls. There is no way you can get more than 1-2 k's per game unless its girls just standing there.