Sox vs Twins 5/22 game thread 7:10 first pitch

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
Can anyone live with Beckham as a 650 OPS hitter at 2B?

The top 8 2B in the AL are all at 680 OPS and above. Of the regulars, he's only ahead of Jermile Weeks of OAK.

Then, including NL, you have Scutaro, Danny Espinosa, our newly-acquired Orlando Hudson and Richie Weeks. Close to Neil Walker and Brandon Phillips.

So two Weeks in the bottom 3, lol.

He's also a Gold Glove caliber defender, so that's got to be taken into consideration as well.

All things considered, we have to hope he can be a 700-725 contributor there, 675 on the bottom end.

What is Gordon's OPS this month?

Projecting Gordon as our 2B of the future is predicated on the fact that we believe April wasn't the Gordon Beckham that we'll ever see again. We can all agree that if he puts up a .400 OPS every other month, he shouldn't be on the team. The debate isn't worth having unless you believe that he's turned a corner for good.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2012 -> 07:39 PM)
LOL.

Those millions were lost in April and May of 2011, and with the KW/Ozzie travelling circus all season long.

No, those were additional millions.

Do me a favor, just put me on ignore.

After the first inning, Walters has pitched damn well. He has kept that very lively sinker down in the zone and has moved the ball around and changed speeds. Needed to take advantage in the first/not get jobbed on the 3-2 call for Dunn

In other news, Stewart's stuff looks awesome tonight. Pounding the zone as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
Twins record might be bad, but they've been playing pretty damn good as of late. Walters is better than the guys that had been starting for them.

I hear ya, but they still have the worst record in the bigs, and though coming off a 4 gm winstreak, SO ARE WE, and getting lambasted 9-1 through 4 innings is just soooo Sox-Twins under any and all circumstances.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 22, 2012 -> 07:42 PM)
After the first inning, Walters has pitched damn well. He has kept that very lively sinker down in the zone and has moved the ball around and changed speeds. Needed to take advantage in the first/not get jobbed on the 3-2 call for Dunn

In other news, Stewart's stuff looks awesome tonight. Pounding the zone as well.

Trade Floyd, start Stewart.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
Trade Floyd, start Stewart.

lol how conflicted would the board be if we did that! Love to get rid of Gavin, hate to keep Stewart

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 22, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
Just tuning in. WTF happened?

Do you remember the first game of that doubleheader in like 2009?

This has been a repeat.

Except we didn't score any runs.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Am I the only one that realized that this post was sarcasm?

(Or am I stupid)

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
I'm with you, buddy

We got ourselves a few winners, the way it was typed should have showed that....like I told greg (to which he never replied after being so adamant in his case that he is garbage) outside of his game against the cubs hes given up just 3 earned runs in 16+ innings. Thats pretty damn good for the first guy out of the pen.

Caufield, for all the opium-induced bulls*** you post here, it pissed me off when you refer to a serious post I make with "LOL."

I could probably make quite a few comments to your posts that reply to something about hitting and end up discussing Turkish bathhouses...