White Sox vs Mariners 7:10 CST

Kyyle23

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
Surprise, Surprise:

ADA cf

Gordo 2b

Dunn dh

Paulie 1b

Rios rf

AJP c

Tank lf

Missile ss

O-Dawg 3b

JFP p

It's a rather good lineup already (so sweet to be saying this on June 1), and if we can ever get something from the 9 hole, it'll go to another level. I'd love Youk, but there's gonna be enough suitors that he'll be too expensive, and I doubt we have what they want.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 02:34 PM)
I live 288 miles away and I'm going to at least 2 games this year.

I live 140 miles away and I've been to a minimum of 2 games for the last 6 years. Just making a comment that tonight is not possible for me.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
Ichiro rf

Ackley 2b

Bob Seger 3b

Jesus DH

Smoke 1b

Carp lf

another guy that KW traded away C

Saunders cf

Humber's b**** ss

I see Ichiro's back to hitting first...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)
Surprise, Surprise:

ADA cf

Gordo 2b

Dunn dh

Paulie 1b

Rios rf

AJP c

Tank lf

Missile ss

O-Dawg 3b

JFP p

This lineup keeps winning...I love that he keeps running it out there. I remember when we would have 7 different lineups in a week recently...

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
This isn't the thread for it, for you've got to stop listening to meathead fans who just like to talk crap about anyone who stands behind center for the Cowboys, especially when his name rhymes with "homo". Tony could win 3 straight superbowls, and people would still pretend he isn't good.

The only people who support him are the one's who receive pretty decent fantasy value out of him.

Romo is overrated because he gets WAY too much press. Things that have nothing to do with his quarterbacking make him a hot topic when he doesn't deserve to be. The true measure of how people feel about you is how much you're talked about and all they will do once the season gets going is talk about Tony Romo and the Cowboys.

Paul Konerko is underrated not because nobody thinks he is good, but because nobody thinks about him at all.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
Romo is overrated because he gets WAY too much press. Things that have nothing to do with his quarterbacking make him a hot topic when he doesn't deserve to be. The true measure of how people feel about you is how much you're talked about and all they will do once the season gets going is talk about Tony Romo and the Cowboys.

Paul Konerko is underrated not because nobody thinks he is good, but because nobody thinks about him at all.

I think you are confusing overexposed with overrated. Overrated means that everyone thinks he is way better than he actually is. That's not even close to being true with Romo. Ask anybody who isn't on TV what they think of Romo. "That dude sucks. Romo the Homo. He chokes.", etc. Look at message boards. People may hate him because he gets a lot of press coverage on ESPN, but unlike Tebow, Romo is actually very, very good. I wouldn't say Tebow is overrated, because most people understand how awful he is, but he is CERTAINLY over-exposed. Romo, however, is treated like dogs*** by pretty much every meatball fan out there that loves homophobic rhyming, and loves hating on the Cowboys because they are...the Cowboys.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
This isn't the thread for it, for you've got to stop listening to meathead fans who just like to talk crap about anyone who stands behind center for the Cowboys, especially when his name rhymes with "homo". Tony could win 3 straight superbowls, and people would still pretend he isn't good.

You are right, this isn't the thread for it, but Tony Romo won't win one Superbowl, much less 3. When he does, let me know.

And nobody said anything about his name rhyme. I would rather call him Pick-6, like my best friend does(who is a big Cowboys fan)

QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
Going to the game tonight. It's Illini night. Should I wear my Michigan stuff.

Only if you want to broadcast you are a loser...

I kid.

I'm going tonight.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
My aunt is giving me tickets to next Saturday's game vs. the lowly Astros. Who is scheduled to pitch?

Christopher Sale.

I MAY just see 21 K's in a game. I'm soo pumped.

I'll be there as well. My wife works at Ace Corporate..and it is Ace Corporate Day! Can't beat $13 tix.

I am pumped to see Sale pitch. So far somehow Danks pitched every game I went to, except when Quintana subbed for him.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 05:32 PM)
I think the attendance discussion is very much on point. Everyone knows White Sox fans won't come out if they team is not winning. Well.. this is First Place Chicago White Sox!

I won't be surprise if it's in the 22-24,000 range tonight, but Saturday and Sunday should be well over 30,000.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 05:32 PM)
I think the attendance discussion is very much on point. Everyone knows White Sox fans won't come out if they team is not winning. Well.. this is First Place Chicago White Sox!

I don't know. It's different right now, seems the economy is really taking its toll all over the southside/south burbs. People continue to worry about their jobs, if they have one, and with that as a backdrop it's really difficult to justify going to a baseball game. It's one of the things that annoys me about the media's take on Sox attendance - it's ignored. Of course, not many media members live south.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
I won't be surprise if it's in the 22-24,000 range tonight, but Saturday and Sunday should be well over 30,000.

Buy, buy, buy KW!!

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)
I don't know. It's different right now, seems the economy is really taking its toll all over the southside/south burbs. People continue to worry about their jobs, if they have one, and with that as a backdrop it's really difficult to justify going to a baseball game. It's one of the things that annoys me about the media's take on Sox attendance - it's ignored. Of course, not many media members live south.

Agreed.

I've been to two White Sox games this year. My plan to do was 1 a month.

Boyer did say premium giveaways have helped for weekend, and today's weather might have walk-up effect. My guess? 24,235. @espnchijon

Brooks said they've sold more season tickets in past week than they had in previous month. Of course, that could be 5 to 4. @espnchijon

Edited by justBLAZE

Grand slam for Granderson against his former club, the Tiggers...after their rookie (Casey Crosby, 6'5" LHP who throws 88-96) making his major league debut had walked 4 to force in a run.

Bottom four 4 the Yankees tonight.

6. Swisher

7. Andruw Jones

8. Jayson Nix

9. Chris Stewart

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
Agreed.

I've been to two White Sox games this year. My plan to do was 1 a month.

Boyer did say premium giveaways have helped for weekend, and today's weather might have walk-up effect. My guess? 24,235. @espnchijon

Brooks said they've sold more season tickets in past week than they had in previous month. Of course, that could be 5 to 4. @espnchijon

They said beginning last week all the marketing/sales staff was coming in early and staying late...at any rate, every ticket sold is more money for KW to utilize.

Indians out to early 2-0 lead over the Twins in CLE.

Edited by caulfield12