KW whining about (OK bringing up) attendance again

chisoxfan09

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 10:50 PM)
Back to back 30K in the house. It's a start.

There were actually quite a bit more than that in actual attendance both nights. Tuesday night was a season ticketholder exchange night, where they could exchange unused tickets for tickets to that game. There must have been a lot of comps tonight because there weren't many empty seats. There was a couple from Texas sitting next to us tonight and the guy said to his wife, " I thought they said hardly anyone goes to White Sox games. Look at all the people."

Average up to 22,885 per game

Coming up on the Royals for 24th place.

If we averaged 30,000 for the rest of the season (and that's a huge IF with August 15th-September 30th looming), that would put us right around 2,000,000 and 26,310 average, which would end up being anywhere from 18th-23rd in the majors.

I realize 25-27,500 is more likely to be the average, but all those people who were comped tonight were spending money on concessions, souvenirs and I guess a few on parking.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 08:54 PM)
There were actually quite a bit more than that in actual attendance both nights. Tuesday night was a season ticketholder exchange night, where they could exchange unused tickets for tickets to that game. There must have been a lot of comps tonight because there weren't many empty seats. There was a couple from Texas sitting next to us tonight and the guy said to his wife, " I thought they said hardly anyone goes to White Sox games. Look at all the people."

That's great they got to see such exciting games. Hopefully that will inspire them to come back for more this summer.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 10:54 PM)

There was closer to 40k than 30k. Even the corners of the UD had people in them.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)
I am going tomorrow wit my two kids.

Ticket, lower deck box but could easily have gotten $24 upper deck but went with some nice $40 seats down the line total cost $120

YOU chose to sit downstairs instead of a cheaper Upper Box seat. Infact the Upper Reserve seats were $14 in Feb, so this is not the Sox' fault you CHOSE to spend more.

Prepaid parking pass $24 up to $144

Cant b**** about parking prices when you tailgate.

Will tailgate and BBQ in parking lot. Would do this at home so no cost there.

Good call. You do know you can bring someof that food in, right? As well as water?

Will buy two beers, two big sodas and budget myself to spending $50 in the park

Again, you can bring food and water in the park. And you could get at least one soda free by by signing up for the designated driver program.

That is $200. $120 in April, $24 last month for the parking and $50 tomorrow.

Now if I am going to get loaded with my family and eat like vikings I am sure I could get to $300 easily.

To be honest, there's no reason to buy tix early. You could have gone for 1/2 price($20 each lower level) with a code, and that makes the other costs more bearable.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
I do not think they do. I think Jerry owns a good amount of property more than just the lots around the park. Same thing Wirtz did around the Stadium. Wirtz bought up west side Jerry south side. There was a time in the 80's when Jerry was buying up space that the cubs could have been doing in Wrigleyville and they did not.
The state of illinois OWNS the lots around sox park. We know this because Jim Thompson has tried to set up parking garages and hotels on the land, and it was vetoed by the sox, who have that right as tennant. This statement was televised.

The United Center lots are owned by the hawks and bulls.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 07:13 AM)
Phase 3.

Skip Spring.

Go directly to Summer. Don't pass go.

Heat wave will limit the attendance to how many this week, especially the Thursday game?

tuesday and wednesday each were 30k-ish in paid attendance. there were more people in due to comps.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 11:09 PM)
Average up to 22,885 per game

Coming up on the Royals for 24th place.

If we averaged 30,000 for the rest of the season (and that's a huge IF with August 15th-September 30th looming), that would put us right around 2,000,000 and 26,310 average, which would end up being anywhere from 18th-23rd in the majors.

I realize 25-27,500 is more likely to be the average, but all those people who were comped tonight were spending money on concessions, souvenirs and I guess a few on parking.

the lots were almost full.

i had my rep get me some club level tix for wed's game. the section he put me in was almost unsold tuesday afternoon. when i go to my seats, the section was full. that was almost 100 tickets sold at a price of $58 in 24 hours. and it should be pointed out that the sox do not discount club level tix with codes.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
bulls***:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/ticketing/...date=06/10/2012

Upper reserve was $16 last night. this link shows the per game price of EVERY GAME. bleachers were $37.

Pay attention to the codes.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=2639323

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)
Also if you bought the kids hats and/or tshirts like some fans prolly do, that would skyrocket your costs as well.

200 for 3 people; a movie would be 30 bucks plus food/drink and a minor league game would be 24 bucks plus food, drinks.

Have fun, though.

200 bucks isn't so bad, but let's say this was 15 years ago.

A fan could go to 10 games a year and be able to afford it easily. The parking costs are really outrageous IMO. Baseball should be ashamed of itself. I mean, give me a f***ing break.

The s*** you buy at a movie is disgusting and more overpriced than a ball game.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)
To be honest, there's no reason to buy tix early. You could have gone for 1/2 price($20 each lower level) with a code, and that makes the other costs more bearable.

Was not complaining just laying out actual numbers instead of saying how expensive it is.

You can make it work if you really want to.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 02:40 PM)
For four seats, that is what it was with the code. $38.92 to be exact.

I think the three of us agree that if you want a game to be affordable you can get it to be.

There is plenty of free parking if you know where to look.

There are tickets available if you know where to look.

Folks want to park close, get good seats and eat and drink until their heart's content and spend $12 total.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)
So the cheapest single game ticket for a Bears game this year is going to be $101.

Only 8 regular season and 2 pre season games cost per game versus 81 games is not comparable.