Morel to start rehab stint with Bristol

southsider2k5

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 09:20 AM)
You are probably right. If we cut Hudson, we would only have 1 LH hitter on the bench and Morel can't play more than one position.

Well, it's not like either guy would play.

Yeah I don't see a spot for him either. He kind of wastes a spot only being able to play one position.

Frankly, I'd just send him to AAA until September. It'd be better for him to get the consistent at bats rather than rot away on the bench for the rest of the year

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
Unless Morel is learning 1B and OF during his rehab, he isn't going to be back up with the Sox this season. There's no room on the roster for a bench player who only plays one position, unless that position is C.

He will be needed when Youk re-injures his back.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 07:17 AM)
How long can rehab stint last when starting at low levels? He could still be useful as a defensive/health replacement when rosters expand.

My guess is, if all goes well, it is probably a month long rehab process. Only thing I'm curious about is normally doesn't a rehab max at 15 or 20 days? Is there some sort of an exception when its a longer injury you are coming back from?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)
My guess is, if all goes well, it is probably a month long rehab process. Only thing I'm curious about is normally doesn't a rehab max at 15 or 20 days? Is there some sort of an exception when its a longer injury you are coming back from?

I thought it was 30?