19/7 - White Sox @ Red Sox: Split to play for

Joxer_Daly

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 03:59 PM)
I think Quintana has a bounce back game.

I have a good enough feeling about tonight. Nothing like good technical analysis!!

It would be great to finish the series on a positive note before heading off to do battle in Detroit.

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)
:lolhitting

I remembered that after I posted it. Wondered how long before someone got stuck in about it.

It stays!!! :headbang

I actually thought somebody was being cute with a reference to 1917...

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)
Feckin' Irish...

EASY there! :)

Anxious to see the line-up card. Presumably there could be acouple guys with a day off today considering we're flying to Detroit tonight for a huuuge series? Or not because the whole team ended up taking the game off last night.

GIT'R'DONE, Q!

:gosox1:

Edited by northside sawx

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
I think this is going to be a huge game tonight, especially if the Tigers win today. Don't want to roll into Detroit having lost 3 of 4 and face a team that has a chance to sweep and take over 1st place.

Tigers up 3-0 in the 2nd already. Sucks they didn't have to face Weaver, as Jerome Williams has been terrible of late. That Tigers offense seems to be clicking.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 10:32 AM)
Tigers up 3-0 in the 2nd already. Sucks they didn't have to face Weaver, as Jerome Williams has been terrible of late. That Tigers offense seems to be clicking.

really clicking. Big 2 out hits, Avila and Boesch starting to get hot. Going to be a tough weekend.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 06:35 PM)
really clicking. Big 2 out hits, Avila and Boesch starting to get hot. Going to be a tough weekend.

If Boesch, Jhonny and Avila are tough outs, that offense will be extremely tough to shut down with their superb 1/3/4 hitters. Good thing we have our all-stars going this weekend.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)

Weaver didn't even pitch all that well Sunday agains the Yankees, at least by his standards.

They were just shut out 13-0 by some guy named Garrett Richards. I wouldn't say they're clicking just yet. Better, certainly, but that game result makes me think they're playing just as inconsistent as they've been playing all year.

This weekend will be the tipping point of the division in my mind. HUGE pitching match-ups for 2 of the 3 games. Sox need to be ON. A win today will help with the momentum this weekend.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)
Mike Trout > Jared Mitchell

Can we please go back in time?

Mike Trout >

Dustin Ackley

Donavan Tate

Tony Sanchez

Matt Hobgood

Zack Wheeler

Mike Minor

Mike Leake

Jacon Turner

Drew Storen

Tyler Matzek

Aaron Crow

Grant Green

Matt Purke

Alex White

Bobby Borchering

AJ Pollock

Chad James

Shelby Miller

Chad Jenkins

Jiovanni Mier

Kyle Gibson

Sorry, going back in time won't help. 20 other teams would beat us to him

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 12:35 PM)
They were just shut out 13-0 by some guy named Garrett Richards. I wouldn't say they're clicking just yet. Better, certainly, but that game result makes me think they're playing just as inconsistent as they've been playing all year.

This weekend will be the tipping point of the division in my mind. HUGE pitching match-ups for 2 of the 3 games. Sox need to be ON. A win today will help with the momentum this weekend.

The same pitcher who threw a 97 MPH fastball his first pitch and shut a good Tigers' line-up out all night long.

He's no joke.