8/26 Mariners at White Sox

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
the Angels might just be overrated, because both we and the Tigers seem to kick their ass.

They have no bullpen, and outside of Weaver and Wilson, their starting rotation is awful. I don't see them winning the wild card/

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 06:52 PM)
So much for that Angels/Tigers game.

4-1. back to back Fielder and D. Young homers.

Let's face it guys. Detroit bought itself a pennant. If we somehow win this division, Robin is manager of the century and some folks in the game threads will own him a case of beer.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
They have no bullpen, and outside of Weaver and Wilson, their starting rotation is awful. I don't see them winning the wild card/

I'm not sure that Greinke is awful, but he hasn't been as good as advertised, that's for sure.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)

Greinke....

I do agree, though. Their bullpen just won't help get them to the playoffs for that trio to matter.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 07:05 PM)
I'm not sure that Greinke is awful, but he hasn't been as good as advertised, that's for sure.

No pitchers are worth the huge money deals they get. They all break down eventually unless their name is Buehrle. Three year deals should be the MAX for pitchers not name Buehrle and Moyer.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)
Let's face it guys. Detroit bought itself a pennant. If we somehow win this division, Robin is manager of the century and some folks in the game threads will own him a case of beer.

That, and they had the talent to acquire Cabrera at the same time when we didn't.

But yeah, to have the ability to compete all year without Victor Martinez is impressive. Dirks and Berry have really risen to the occasion, along with Austin Jackson.

You can argue they have four superstar players and Scherzer definitely has the ability to be one (3 ERA in his last 14 starts, leading MLB in K's).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 07:08 PM)
That, and they had the talent to acquire Cabrera at the same time when we didn't.

But yeah, to have the ability to compete all year without Victor Martinez is impressive. Dirks and Berry have really risen to the occasion, along with Austin Jackson.

You can argue they have four superstar players and Scherzer definitely has the ability to be one (3 ERA in his last 14 starts, leading MLB in K's).

It's going to be humbling to have them beat us head to head and take the division. Our only hope is if our starting pitching man's up and dominates (we have good starting pitching, not dominant aside from Sale) their lineup and Dunn, Paulie and Youk and AJ decide they want to win a WS this year and kick major ass vs. the Tabbies (and Royals). KC by the way is about to lose 2 of 3 for its second straight series since kicking our ass. Guthrie got brutalized in his last start.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
It's going to be humbling to have them beat us head to head and take the division. Our only hope is if our starting pitching man's up and dominates (we have good starting pitching, not dominant aside from Sale) their lineup and Dunn, Paulie and Youk and AJ decide they want to win a WS this year and kick major ass vs. the Tabbies (and Royals). KC by the way is about to lose 2 of 3 for its second straight series since kicking our ass.

They are winning 4-2? (And playing a 4-game series)