2012-2013 MLB off season tracker thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 09:14 AM)
Wow, Martin Prado? I guess he's a free agent after this season, but that kind of hurts the Braves this year.

Wasn't he going to play LF? It'd be kind of redundant with Upton in the fold.

Oh, and the Upton brothers in Atlanta is kind of cool too.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)
Wasn't he going to play LF? It'd be kind of redundant with Upton in the fold.

Oh, and the Upton brothers in Atlanta is kind of cool too.

Never mind, I thought he was playing third.

Atlanta just needs to trade for Kate to complete the trifecta.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 09:57 AM)
Who are these 8 teams in on Michael Bourn? Supposedly some "surprise" teams in there. You'd think that the Sox would have inquired, but I honestly don't like Bourn at all

From Rotoworld:

Heyman identifies eight different teams -- the Mets, Braves, Rangers, Mariners, Orioles, Cubs, Rays and Dodgers -- that could be looking to make a late run at the best free agent left on the open market

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 10:08 AM)
From Rotoworld:

Heyman identifies eight different teams -- the Mets, Braves, Rangers, Mariners, Orioles, Cubs, Rays and Dodgers -- that could be looking to make a late run at the best free agent left on the open market

I think we put safely say the Heyman is on the Borass payroll?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 01:09 PM)
BJ Upton is 29 in August and had an OBP of .298 last year. What year are you living in, exactly?

He's been a $10-20 million player for 6 years in a row in the fangraphs world. He's not the greatest talent...but to cover CF, when you have Heyward and Jupton on the other sides...that sets up a very good OF with an average age in the mid-20's. So yeah, that is a good, young OF.

Shaun Marcum to the Mets in 1 year deal

I have an unreasonable love for Shaun Marcum... I have no idea why... but I've always kept an eye out for him fantasy baseball wise, because he always gives great value for his draft position. Should do well in Citi Field.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 04:24 PM)

I have an unreasonable love for Shaun Marcum... I have no idea why... but I've always kept an eye out for him fantasy baseball wise, because he always gives great value for his draft position. Should do well in Citi Field.

Becasue he was part of the Rogers Centre pitchers that almost no hit the Sox every game for three straight years up there.

He's hurt way too often, but definitely good when healthy.

I second this post.

Thinking back to the summer when people say we need to include both Sale and Viceido + prospects in a trade for Upton is laughable.

The package the Brave sent to AZ is extremely underwhelming. Prado is a nice player, but his WAR is inflated by his defense in LF. He's going to play 3rd the the DBacks, won't likely be a 5+ WAR player again.

It makes me think that we could have gotten Upton for Viceido + one of Floyd/Quintana/Santiago plus mid level prospects. I would have done it in a hiccup.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 07:45 PM)
Thinking back to the summer when people say we need to include both Sale and Viceido + prospects in a trade for Upton is laughable.

The package the Brave sent to AZ is extremely underwhelming. Prado is a nice player, but his WAR is inflated by his defense in LF. He's going to play 3rd the the DBacks, won't likely be a 5+ WAR player again.

It makes me think that we could have gotten Upton for Viceido + one of Floyd/Quintana/Santiago plus mid level prospects. I would have done it in a hiccup.

3B is a really shallow position... and a 5 WAR is a huge number. Just look at our 3B situation and tell me Prado isn't an awesome player.

Prado+Delgado is not a bad haul for an underachieving outfielder, especially when they've got Eaton rarin' to go. I like it for the Dbacks.