cabiness42

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ABOUT TIME was very good.

It's the same director (Curtis) who did Love, Actually and Notting Hill, as well as Four Weddings and a Funeral.

The final 1/4 feels a bit saccharine and overly melodramatic, but you can overlook that.

Rachel McAdams is always watchable (the one exception was THE VOW), Bill Nighy brings his humor as usual...I guess it just depends on your feelings about British romantic comedies.

I really liked it, it's currently running in the 60's for positive reviews at rt.com.

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-...an-movie-happen

Is bringing Wonder Woman to the big screen the best chance for DC Comics to get back in the game? Is this article overreacting to the success of movies like Gravity, Bridesmaids, The Blind Side and The Heat...? How much of Gravity's success is really about Sandra Bullock and how much it is simply the great special effects/CGI/3D/cinematography of Alfonso Cuaron?

Who would you get to direct?

Is there another version of Megan Fox with stellar acting ability?

It can't Anne Hathaway or Jennifer Lawrence, probably, because they're already tied into Batman/X-Men roles. Also a probable no for Scarlett Johannsen.

The role would seem to call for someone we associate more with being a brunette.

Eva Green?

I don't think Emma Stone is quite sexy enough for a role like that...or has the requisite "Marilyn Monroe" figure.

Angelina Jolie's perhaps nearing the point where she might be considered too old for that particular role.

Is there an actress who looks like Adriana Lima but with the actual ability to act?

What about Hispanic or Asian actresses? Is it possible to go for a non-white Wonder Woman? Would that be accepted?

If that was the case, I would go with either Eva Mendes, Li Bing Bing or Fan Bing Bing, after giving a moment's consideration to Michelle Rodriguez, but would actually prefer the Israel Mossad officer, Gal Gadot, who was in the last two F&Furious movies (then again, she might be a little too tall/model-like/lithe and not quite strong enough).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
Watched Halloween 3 last night. One of most underrated horror movies of all time.

Isn't that the one that had nothing to do with the rest of the Halloween movies? I have it on DVD and have seen parts of it but I always fall asleep watching it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 07:03 AM)

Is bringing Wonder Woman to the big screen the best chance for DC Comics to get back in the game? Is this article overreacting to the success of movies like Gravity, Bridesmaids, The Blind Side and The Heat...? How much of Gravity's success is really about Sandra Bullock and how much it is simply the great special effects/CGI/3D/cinematography of Alfonso Cuaron?

It can't Anne Hathaway or Jennifer Lawrence, probably, because they're already tied into Batman/X-Men roles. Also a probable no for Scarlett Johannsen.

The role would seem to call for someone we associate more with being a brunette.

Eva Green?

I don't think Emma Stone is quite sexy enough for a role like that...or has the requisite "Marilyn Monroe" figure.

Angelina Jolie's perhaps nearing the point where she might be considered too old for that particular role.

Is there an actress who looks like Adriana Lima but with the actual ability to act?

What about Hispanic or Asian actresses? Is it possible to go for a non-white Wonder Woman? Would that be accepted?

If that was the case, I would go with either Eva Mendes, Li Bing Bing or Fan Bing Bing, after giving a moment's consideration to Michelle Rodriguez, but would actually prefer the Israel Mossad officer, Gal Gadot, who was in the last two F&Furious movies (then again, she might be a little too tall/model-like/lithe and not quite strong enough).

Most of the women you mentioned should be nowhere near a role like Wonderwoman, who I think should be someone truly strong and athletic - not just skinny and/or curvy.

I'll throw a name in there: Gina Torres.

Eva Green?

Are these actresses or pandas?

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 09:59 AM)
Isn't that the one that had nothing to do with the rest of the Halloween movies? I have it on DVD and have seen parts of it but I always fall asleep watching it.

That's the one. They were gonna make Halloween movies every year that had a different theme, but the first one bombed so they put Michael Myers back in.

Wonder Woman doesnt have a Marilyn Monroe figure at all. She is tall and athletic, an amazon woman. Sure, she is heavy up top, but Marilyn Monroe was pretty curvy.

I think Gina Carano would be a good choice, but I dont know if she can act at all. I havent seen Haywire or F&F 6, but I dont think her parts required as talking as much as kicking and punching.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
Wonder Woman doesnt have a Marilyn Monroe figure at all. She is tall and athletic, an amazon woman. Sure, she is heavy up top, but Marilyn Monroe was pretty curvy.

I think Gina Carano would be a good choice, but I dont know if she can act at all. I havent seen Haywire or F&F 6, but I dont think her parts required as talking as much as kicking and punching.

I'm not impressed with her acting chops.

The first name that comes to mind, and she will never get the role though, is Megan Fox.

She's close to a dead ringer for Lynda Carter. Which doesn't mean it's a bad idea to go in another direction.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
I'm not impressed with her acting chops.

The first name that comes to mind, and she will never get the role though, is Megan Fox.

She's close to a dead ringer for Lynda Carter. Which doesn't mean it's a bad idea to go in another direction.

Megan Fox is 5'4", she is far too small for the role. The goal isn't to look like Lynda Carter, the goal is to look like Wonder Woman, a 6 foot tall amazon woman.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)
Megan Fox is 5'4", she is far too small for the role. The goal isn't to look like Lynda Carter, the goal is to look like Wonder Woman, a 6 foot tall amazon woman.

Malin Ackerman might fit, but she's probably too thin as well.

The problem with the Amazon idea is then you're picking wrestling or boxing girls....and they're not feminine enough and/or can't act.

So who's the equivalent? George Clooney's ex? Stacy Keibler?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 10:57 PM)

Height doesn't really matter, hell Tom cruise has made a career of playing roles he should be too small for.

Edited by GoodAsGould

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 07:39 AM)
Height doesn't really matter, hell Tom cruise has made a career of playing roles he should be too small for.

People weren't too happy when they realized he was playing Jack Reacher. DC has to get it right, they have f***ed it up far too many times in their movies.