2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
abigail-breslin-tight-dress-at-august-os

Guess who.

Not exactly Little Miss Sunshine anymore. First the little girl from Spy Kids (A. Vega) in Machete Kills, now this.

She looks like a leftover from the cast of Gattaca or that horrible Justin Timberlake flick with Amanda Seyfried, "In Time."

That scene from Blue is the Warmest Color puts Chloe Sevigny to shame, FWIW.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 01:19 PM)
Too many good movies out right now.

I need to see American Hustle, Her, Inside Llewyn Davis, Short Term 12, and Wolf of WallStreet before I compile my top 10. Also want to see Anchorman 2 and Lone Survivor.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 06:13 PM)
American Hustle and Anchorman 2 are the two I really want to see. Hunger games as well but that's been out for a while.

Had to decide between American Hustle and Anchorman 2 last night and choose American Hustle. It was a bit confusing at parts but I think it came together at the end. It was a pretty good movie but think it was too all over the place to me.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 21, 2013 -> 12:17 AM)
Had to decide between American Hustle and Anchorman 2 last night and choose American Hustle. It was a bit confusing at parts but I think it came together at the end. It was a pretty good movie but think it was too all over the place to me.

I heard it was slow and boring and done before. That's just from 1 person though. A 50 year old man.

Have been watching a lot of movies that nobody's probably heard of....Sound City, documentary by Dave Grohl, which was very interesting, The Princess of Nebraska, What's Your Number? with Anna Faris and Chris Evans, The Assassins with Liu Yifei and Chow Yun-Fat, The Raid (famous Indonesian movie) with Joe Taslim. Eden and Knife Fight with Jamie Chung...that second movie is kind of like a poor man's West Wing or Scandal without the clever Aaron Sorkin writing.

Started to watch R.I.P.D. but it's so bad I had to stop. Getting so tired of that Jeff Bridges accent.

One of my students here in China said that was their new favorite movie (Now You See Me)....they really enjoyed the feeling they got from watching it.

While some would side with The Prestige or Illusionist, the group dynamic and the more modern-day feel of Now You See Me was really appealing to a lot of moviegoers. It struck a chord, that whole 99% vs. 1% thing I guess.