2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 04:15 PM)
Krogan have to be Spartans.

I'm thinking Germany or Japan. "You got out of control so we wrecked you and now you can't have a military ever again." Oh wait we need you against Russia... Wait forget we ever said that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
Do any of you guys play Tower defense games on your smartphones or tablets? IGN is giving away a free download of Kingdom Rush until September 5th. It is addictive

Damn you. Read this post 5 hours ago and have been playing since.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 08:20 PM)
Damn you. Read this post 5 hours ago and have been playing since.

LMAO. It is a fun game

The second challenge of each level drives me insane. The stupid dogs always seem to overwhelm my towers and one always slips through at the last second

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 03:28 PM)
All hail St. Jiub

Fast travel in Morrowind made exploring mandatory...which to be honest I liked more.

Totally just realized why too while playing Oblivion DRUNK

In Morrowind, unless you KNEW you absolutely had to come back to that cave, and you KNEW you could find it again, you'd explore it because it was a hell of a time going all that distance on foot for so many of those places. You could do Mark/Recalls, but frankly, that sucked too, because you'd end up screwing up and killing a Mark that you really needed.

Levitation was so awesome.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 11, 2013 -> 03:53 PM)
Anyone here play Dota? My buddy sparked my interest after telling me about the 3 million dollar tourney thats going on right now...Game is all sorts of funstrating (you read that correctly, funstrating, a hybrid of fun and frustrating).

I find league of legends to be the better game.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 04:55 PM)
I find league of legends to be the better game.

I've never played it but I heard a lot of people mention it in the short time period where I was all about dota. This is actually the first non sports game I've ever really gotten into...I've never felt so nerdy watching the championships last night. Winning team won 1.4M, that is just crazy to me!

Another domino:

http://kotaku.com/college-footballs-most-p...al-w-1136039384

The Southeastern Conference, whose teams have won the past seven national championships, announced today it will no longer license the use of its symbols and trademarks in EA Sports' college football title, joining the NCAA in leaving the game under a cloud of litigation brought by former players.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
Yes but if you read between the lines the NCAA is trying to distance itself from any potential lawsuit by saying "It wasnt us, it was the school"

So now schools will have to license without the cloak of authority from the NCAA. Id guess that a few schools play it safe and dont renew their licenses due to concerns of potential future lawsuit.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2...s-ncaa-football

This wasnt predictable at all.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 12:20 PM)

These are conferences though, not schools. The conference has an easy argument for any potential lawsuit (are the conferences even involved in those lawsuits?)- "yeah, we wanted our member schools and their stadiums represented in the game. That doesn't mean we wanted specific players in the game."