2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Released DB Charles Woodson's agent Carl Poston: "He'd like to go play for a contender, win another Super Bowl. He caught that bug."

Sooo GBs not a contender any more?

They are, but they released him. ?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Da'Quan Bowers reportedly was arrested at New York’s LaGuardia Airport on Monday morning for allegedly carrying an illegal handgun. Bowers reportedly was carrying a loaded .40 caliber firearm in his carry-on bag as he was on his way to board a flight to Raleigh, N.C. He has been charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon. The Bucs have declined comment and Bowers is scheduled to appear in court Monday night.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 08:26 PM)
Anyone want to give me a reason to believe the response will be anything other than an outpouring of pride?

Because Tebow has long been considered to be a good-hearted Christian who does nothing but work hard to make it as a QB both in college and the NFL. Supporting a hateful fear-mongerer while proving to be a s***ty backup QB for the team with the worst QB corps in the league, suddenly the light is not so bright and cheerful for Tebow.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 19, 2013 -> 08:13 AM)
Because Tebow has long been considered to be a good-hearted Christian who does nothing but work hard to make it as a QB both in college and the NFL. Supporting a hateful fear-mongerer while proving to be a s***ty backup QB for the team with the worst QB corps in the league, suddenly the light is not so bright and cheerful for Tebow.

Bingo.

And then this douchy commercial that is mostly untrue.

Aside from being a first round draft pick and playing in the league, everything int th

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 19, 2013 -> 10:27 AM)
They will easily create more if they need it.

Bye bye Hester.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 19, 2013 -> 09:13 AM)

Like when he cut that super bowl ad for Focus on the Family?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 19, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
They have already said that they will franchise him if they can't work out a deal.

The franchise tag would cost them 8.3 million.

I don't know if the Bears wanna go into the next off season having to sign Melton and Cutler. So maybe they free up some cash and sign Melton to a long term deal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 19, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
Like when he cut that super bowl ad for Focus on the Family?

That was pretty tame and it is merely a stance on abortion. Abortion is still a pretty hot buttom issue in America. Gay rights and gay marriage far less so. You still have those that oppose gay rights, but it seems to me that the majority of America - greater than 60% - support gay rights, and those that oppose gay rights are lambasted by the general media pretty well.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 19, 2013 -> 03:31 PM)
That was pretty tame and it is merely a stance on abortion. Abortion is still a pretty hot buttom issue in America. Gay rights and gay marriage far less so. You still have those that oppose gay rights, but it seems to me that the majority of America - greater than 60% - support gay rights, and those that oppose gay rights are lambasted by the general media pretty well.

I suppose you'd be shocked to learn that 65% of Americans believe abortion should be legal in all or most cases, 70% oppose overturning roe v. wade, and gay marriage support topped 51% for the first time this year.

I suppose it's positive that people are starting to just think gay marriage is normal and not even a hot-button issue.

Here ya go Balta: (And no, I don't follow Tebow)

Tim Tebow@TimTebow While I was looking forward to sharing a message of hope and Christ's unconditional love with the faithful members of the historic First Baptist Church of Dallas in April, due to new information that has been brought to my attention, I have decided to cancel my upcoming appearance. I will continue to use the platform God has blessed me with to bring Faith, Hope and Love to all those needing a brighter day. Thank you for all of your love and support. God Bless!

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 09:17 AM)
Here ya go Balta: (And no, I don't follow Tebow)

Tim Tebow@TimTebow While I was looking forward to sharing a message of hope and Christ's unconditional love with the faithful members of the historic First Baptist Church of Dallas in April, due to new information that has been brought to my attention, I have decided to cancel my upcoming appearance. I will continue to use the platform God has blessed me with to bring Faith, Hope and Love to all those needing a brighter day. Thank you for all of your love and support. God Bless!

Very smart.