Sports Media discussion

Spiegs is the token out of town guy that you pair up with a more local feel and familiar Chicago personality. Parkins FEELS like the token out of town guy that you pair up with a more local feel and familiar Chicago personality.

But its just their second week maybe they will mesh somehow. For as long as Spiegs has been in Chicago it still seems like he is an out of towner. I cant be the only one who senses that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 09:23 PM)
Parkins really doesn't play off Spiegel well, and that is a shame. When they were talking about music and Parkins was completely lost, I thought this does not bode well

Spiegel admitted today he wanted Rosner to be co-host

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 03:37 PM)
That would have worked.

I bet Spiegs leaves within the next few months.

Yeah I have a feeling this isn't going to end up lasting too long. I was pretty disappointed Spiegel and Goff got split to be honest. They were a good listen and fun to listen to for 4 hours in my cubicle.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 04:23 PM)
I agree with Spiegs, that "Can't do it" segment that Parkins brought in is reeeeeaally going to cause problems and Spiegs clearly hates playing it. I don't think I have a problem with Parkins, but I sense some animosity between him and Spiegs and it's uncomfortable to listen to.

What is the gist of the segment? I haven't heard it yet

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 05:25 PM)
That is asking for trouble lol

Spiegs has already had to say what Chicago athlete seems to be the biggest asshole (he said Kane), if he was mad his co-host was brought in from outside the station (he said he was pissed off about it), who he wanted as his partner (Rozner), reasons why he got divorced, and that's only from the 2 times I have heart parts of the segment.

The ones I've heard Spiegs not answer are.....how big is dick is (Parkins volunteered his size, unprovoked) and who he would not save from The Score building if it was on fire.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 12:09 AM)
Spiegs has already had to say what Chicago athlete seems to be the biggest asshole (he said Kane), if he was mad his co-host was brought in from outside the station (he said he was pissed off about it), who he wanted as his partner (Rozner), reasons why he got divorced, and that's only from the 2 times I have heart parts of the segment.

The ones I've heard Spiegs not answer are.....how big is dick is (Parkins volunteered his size, unprovoked) and who he would not save from The Score building if it was on fire.

I cant believe he answered the reasons why he got divorced. What did he say?

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 12:09 AM)

And this is why God invented podcasts. What a bunch of trash that comes in between horrificly loud commercials.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 02:59 PM)
I don't mind the little I have heard from Parkins, but that low rent "can't do it" stuff isn't any good.

B&B used to do "Ask us Anything" about once a year, but questions were like "What cars do you guys drive?"

Seems like the kind of segment that would work better only responding to emails so you can filter through some of the terrible ones.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 07:46 AM)
I cant believe he answered the reasons why he got divorced. What did he say?

I wasn't listening when he said the reasons, but when I was listening someone asked the question and he said something to the effect of "I already answered this question in detail last time, so I won't be repeating it every time someone asks the question".

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
Seems like the kind of segment that would work better only responding to emails so you can filter through some of the terrible ones.

I assume they would call screen it, but maybe not?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 03:25 PM)
Is "Who ya crappin?" still a segment? I always used to catch it on my drive home when I used to commute in my car from work but I haven't listened to the Score at around the time they would do that segment since like early May of last year.

A week before Terry retired, B&B explained that Who ya crappin was ending because the world had kind of moved passed it.