Sports Media discussion

It stinks because WYC was a fun segment, but that was Terry's baby, it came from his famous interview with Ditka. To continue it without him would be bad form.

Goff and Bernstein need to find their own segments, and they will

Mully and Hanley mentioned this morning that tonite on NBC Peggy Kuczynski(sp?) is doing an interview with Mike Adamle, where he is going to reveal his serious health issue that has kept him off of tv for the last year. Didnt sound good

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 09:59 AM)
I know it's not the point of the discussion but Mully and Hanley are f***ing terrible.

I always enjoyed their Bears coverage simply because they cover them for a living (or at least one of them does). They are very knowledgeable about that stuff, but overall they don't bring much to the table entertainment wise.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 10:19 AM)
I always enjoyed their Bears coverage simply because they cover them for a living (or at least one of them does). They are very knowledgeable about that stuff, but overall they don't bring much to the table entertainment wise.

Mully used to have a segment of his show called the Draft War Room and specifically talk draft. This morning he barely knew who Patrick Mahomes was and wasn't sure if all the juniors had declared for the draft yet.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 10:23 AM)
Mully used to have a segment of his show called the Draft War Room and specifically talk draft. This morning he barely knew who Patrick Mahomes was and wasn't sure if all the juniors had declared for the draft yet.

Ha. Obviously it's been a while since I listened to them.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 08:36 AM)
Mully and Hanley mentioned this morning that tonite on NBC Peggy Kuczynski(sp?) is doing an interview with Mike Adamle, where he is going to reveal his serious health issue that has kept him off of tv for the last year. Didnt sound good

CTE, Dementia, along with depression and other things. But the main issue seems to be dementia. Showed that he has to walk around with a fanny pack that contains his ID, wallet, keys, and phone in case he gets lost and forgets what he's doing.`It was a pretty sad interview.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 02:39 AM)
CTE, Dementia, along with depression and other things. But the main issue seems to be dementia. Showed that he has to walk around with a fanny pack that contains his ID, wallet, keys, and phone in case he gets lost and forgets what he's doing.`It was a pretty sad interview.

Is there a test for CTE that can be run on living subjects?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 10:14 AM)
I agree and they seem like good guys that I should want to listen to.

I really tried to want myself to like them.

There are times I yell at my radio, "Mully! Shut! UP!" His interviews for radio are horrifyingly bad. He can't just ask a question, he has to go on a diatribe about god knows what. And he cuts off Hanley all the time. Not good.

As for Spiegel and Parkins...it's not working. They don't have the chemistry. What I like about Spiegel is, he's real. You can hear it in his voice. I can hear his disdain with Parkins.

Did anyone hear Parkins interview with Dan Pompei? It was about TO not making it into the Hall of Fame. Parkins was pressing Pompei on the reasons why. I thought Pompei answered to the best of his ability, without jeopardizing the integrity of the room of voters making the decision or calling out anyone in particular. Parkins kept pestering him not liking the answer. And after the interview really kind of gave it to Pompei about not answering to his liking.

This is a 30 year old newbie calling out a HoF sports writer less than a month into his new gig. It really put me off as a listener. Parkins has a little shock jock in him, and I don't think that plays well with Spiegs or with Chicago.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 09:58 AM)
There are times I yell at my radio, "Mully! Shut! UP!" His interviews for radio are horrifyingly bad. He can't just ask a question, he has to go on a diatribe about god knows what. And he cuts off Hanley all the time. Not good.

As for Spiegel and Parkins...it's not working. They don't have the chemistry. What I like about Spiegel is, he's real. You can hear it in his voice. I can hear his disdain with Parkins.

Did anyone hear Parkins interview with Dan Pompei? It was about TO not making it into the Hall of Fame. Parkins was pressing Pompei on the reasons why. I thought Pompei answered to the best of his ability, without jeopardizing the integrity of the room of voters making the decision or calling out anyone in particular. Parkins kept pestering him not liking the answer. And after the interview really kind of gave it to Pompei about not answering to his liking.

This is a 30 year old newbie calling out a HoF sports writer less than a month into his new gig. It really put me off as a listener. Parkins has a little shock jock in him, and I don't think that plays well with Spiegs or with Chicago.

I liked it. Pompei's reasons were stupid. If T.O. can't get into the Pro Football HOF because of sanctimonious asshole writers, then they should shut the HOF down.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 09:58 AM)

This is spot on. I really didnt expect him to come into this situation like he has. He isnt trying to work his way into the mix strategically, he is going in balls to the wall like everyone has something to learn from his style. Instead of adapting himself to fit into the Score he wants the Score to adapt to him.

With that being said it is still early, he might learn from his mistakes and fit in as time goes on.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 10:13 AM)
If T.O. can't get into the Pro Football HOF because of sanctimonious asshole writers, then they should shut the HOF down.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 10:28 AM)
Pompei being a HOF sportswriter doesn't exclude him from criticism though.

I didn't hear the interview but I agree with all of this. Being a HOF sportwriter shouldn't shield you from criticism especially if it's something as blatantly stupid as not having TO in the hall.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:17 PM)
Pompei never said TO will not get into HOF, Peter King made that allusion. Parkins was a straight up dick to Pompei, for no reason other that he didn't like the reason that he was hearing.

It was a pretty dumbass reason. Pompei though Moss would be affected too. Danny Parkins said that Moss' doesn't need a panel of people to decide on his status because he's Randy Freaking Moss. I agree.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:25 PM)
It was a pretty dumbass reason. Pompei though Moss would be affected too. Danny Parkins said that Moss' doesn't need a panel of people to decide on his status because he's Randy Freaking Moss. I agree.

Those guys are getting in. First ballot, maybe, maybe not. But they are getting in. And being a dick to Pompei is just unprofessional, he wasnt being combative he was just explaining what happens

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:31 PM)
Those guys are getting in. First ballot, maybe, maybe not. But they are getting in. And being a dick to Pompei is just unprofessional, he wasnt being combative he was just explaining what happens

That's a real good way to have nobody call your show to assist in programming.

Bernstein panders to guest callers, as he should, and s***s on the audience.