5/18 White Sox @ Angels

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2013 -> 02:25 PM)
Sorry Bilek, if the Sox win, the person who made that game thread, keeps making them until the team loses. Soxtalk tradition.

I am sure that will be the reason if the Sox lose. I posted in the other thread. Wasted my time I guess.

Please pray for the Mariners' bullpen.

Incredible comeback, three homers, one in the 8th, the other two with two outs and nobody on base against Chris Perez in the top of the 9th (Ibanez and Smoak) but the resilient Indians loaded the bases quickly against Oliver Perez. No outs. Three chances to score.

Indians will be at 7 games over (19-7 stretch, best in the majors during that timeframe)...had 34,000+ in attendance Friday night against the M's.

Indians win. Grounder to SS...Ryan made a great play but the throw hopped and Montero pulled his foot off home plate.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 18, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
Joe Blanton 0-7 in 8 starts, most hits surrendered, 4th highest number of ER's....2nd most losses.

Seems like a trap game.

I hope not.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 18, 2013 -> 08:01 PM)
Please pray for the Mariners' bullpen.

Incredible comeback, three homers, one in the 8th, the other two with two outs and nobody on base against Chris Perez in the top of the 9th (Ibanez and Smoak) but the resilient Indians loaded the bases quickly against Oliver Perez. No outs. Three chances to score.

Indians will be at 7 games over (19-7 stretch, best in the majors during that timeframe)...had 34,000+ in attendance Friday night against the M's.

Indians win. Grounder to SS...Ryan made a great play but the throw hopped and Montero pulled his foot off home plate.

Indians were in a lot better shape at this point last year. They finished a mere 22 out.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 18, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Indians were in a lot better shape at this point last year. They finished a mere 22 out.

Yes, but the White Sox also took 1st place on May 29th...and were in the process of going 13-1/14-2.

Viciedo with a very good play there. Has made some surprising plays, but obviously he took a bad route (upon review numerous times) on Thursday night on the ball by Kendrick that was ruled a double.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 18, 2013 -> 08:20 PM)
Whoever said we'd be regretting this last year of the Konerko contract back in 2010 is looking to be right...

It could be so much worse if he had another year or so on his deal.