NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 09:20 PM)
Dumb question alert! So because Toronto won their division, do they get the #3 seed over the Bulls if the two teams finished tied despite the fact the Bulls have the better conference record?

I believe so. However, if Indiana is the #1 seed, the Bulls should pack it in and stay at #4. They never would though.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:45 PM)
Bulls should want nothing to do with the Nets in the first round. That was a struggle enough last year.

No Brook Lopez this year.

Bulls were also 2-1 against them in the regular season. That and home court make me pretty confident the Bulls can beat the Nets in the first round. It won't be easy, but it's doable.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)

Bulls were also 2-1 against them in the regular season. That and home court make me pretty confident the Bulls can beat the Nets in the first round. It won't be easy, but it's doable.

And that one loss was in March when Brooklyn finally started getting their s*** together (Bulls first two wins were earlier in the year). I'd much rather face the Wizards/Bobcats and their lack of playoff experience, but avoiding Miami till the ECF is just too good to pass up personally.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 10:49 PM)
And that one loss was in March when Brooklyn finally started getting their s*** together (Bulls first two wins were earlier in the year). I'd much rather face the Wizards/Bobcats and their lack of playoff experience, but avoiding Miami till the ECF is just too good to pass up personally.

Bulls won one in February too.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 02:55 AM)

They are better without Lopez.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:45 PM)
Bulls should want nothing to do with the Nets in the first round. That was a struggle enough last year.

Completely disagree. I think if the Bulls beat Brooklyn they go to the EC Finals. If they get the #3 seed, they lose to Miami in round 2.

But the Bulls won't be favorites against the Nets and then they won't be favorites again against the Pacers, so that scenario is very unlikely. At least with the 3 seed they get a relatively easy first round and it's always fun to play the Heat, even if the result is inevitable.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 08:47 AM)
But the Bulls won't be favorites against the Nets and then they won't be favorites again against the Pacers, so that scenario is very unlikely. At least with the 3 seed they get a relatively easy first round and it's always fun to play the Heat, even if the result is inevitable.

I think the Bulls are favorites against the Nets.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 08:47 AM)

What does this even mean? I don't care who the favorite is. I am telling you that I think the Bulls can beat Brooklyn and Indy and go to the ECF. I do not however think they can beat Miami under any scenario. So it's either: Get the 4th seed and have a shot at the Conference Finals or 3rd Seed and lose in round 2.