NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 10:43 AM)
I can understand that perspective, but still wouldn't be surprised to find that team turning it on once playoffs arrived.

The Pacers are done, they're hot garbage. Pacers aren't getting to the ECFs. The Heat aren't much better, everyone on the Heat except LBJ suck. The Heat are so beatable this year but they'll be back in the Finals because the East is garbage.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 10:43 AM)
I can understand that perspective, but still wouldn't be surprised to find that team turning it on once playoffs arrived.

Turn what on? They can't score. The Even Turner trade bombed. Bynum is fat and broke. Hibbert and George peaked in December.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 11:18 AM)
Turn what on? They can't score. The Even Turner trade bombed. Bynum is fat and broke. Hibbert and George peaked in December.

Yeah, only team that's underperforming right now that I can see them "turning it on" is the Heat but that depends alot if Wade is somewhat healthy but he can go down anytime, he's too fragile right now. The Pacers, OTOH, just flat out stink.

LeBron WILL need to go full ham if the Heat are to 3peat. This will be the first time they most likely won't have HCA in the Finals, that could be huge.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 11:28 AM)
Yeah, only team that's underperforming right now that I can see them "turning it on" is the Heat but that depends alot if Wade is somewhat healthy but he can go down anytime, he's too fragile right now. The Pacers, OTOH, just flat out stink.

LeBron WILL need to go full ham if the Heat are to 3peat. This will be the first time they most likely won't have HCA in the Finals, that could be huge.

They didn't have HC in 2012 when they beat OKC. I don't think it will matter this year either. Think about it, the Spurs are looking at Houston/OKC in rounds two and three just to get to the finals. OKC is looking at the Clippers in round f***ing two. Beat the Clippers? Next up the Spurs. I think whoever wins the west won't have anything left for the Heat.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 11:41 AM)
They didn't have HC in 2012 when they beat OKC. I don't think it will matter this year either. Think about it, the Spurs are looking at Houston/OKC in rounds two and three just to get to the finals. OKC is looking at the Clippers in round f***ing two. Beat the Clippers? Next up the Spurs. I think whoever wins the west won't have anything left for the Heat.

My bad, you're right about OKC having HCA.

The Heat as it stands right now may need to get past BKN and Chicago/Pacers. Yes they'll advance but they also will get challenged by physically stronger teams albeit not as talented. The Heat just seem to be running out of gas, this will be they're fourth straight year of a long playoffs run. The way I see it, if LeBron just has a few off nights, it could spell doom for their chances. His supporting cast is just not very good right now. It'll be interesting to say the least...

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 12:30 PM)
Not sure I can do that, my 32 followers expect nothing but facts and the highest quality of tweets.

I love when you tweet a on air personality. Someday, one will reply.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 03:19 AM)
Anybody know anything about possible Noah incentives (1st team all nba, dpoy, etc) that could put the Bulls over the tax? lol. Funny as hell if true.

I think Murphy getting claimed fixed that issue.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 09:19 PM)
Anybody know anything about possible Noah incentives (1st team all nba, dpoy, etc) that could put the Bulls over the tax? lol. Funny as hell if true.

I still find this a stupid part of the NBA.

Incentives shouldn't be counted as that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 08:40 PM)
lol@Miami. I've never seen two more undeserving potential #1 seeds in my life.

Ha, you beat me to it

I'd like to think about it as they both are tanking to avoid the Bulls :D

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 09:19 PM)

Still finding reasons to hate on the Bulls, huh>?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)
Still finding reasons to hate on the Bulls, huh>?

Actually, yeah. At least management. Their easily the lamest/cheapest of the big market teams. Deng, Asik, Korver, Belinelli and Nate have all been let go for tax reasons. I think it's funny they might be forced to go over it anyway because Noah decided to have a career year at almost 30.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 09:20 PM)
Dumb question alert! So because Toronto won their division, do they get the #3 seed over the Bulls if the two teams finished tied despite the fact the Bulls have the better conference record?

Looks like Toronto would be 3rd

image.jpg

Edited by Brian

Ya being the division leader would actually be the tiebreaker if the standings stay the same.

EDIT: ha thought Brian just posted the standings not the tiebreaker scenarios. What an asshole!

Edited by Rowand44