NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 08:40 PM)
You people!

lol. now you're pro-espn when it's convenient? Do me a favor. Who finished 4th in the mvp balloting last year? how about the year before that? how about in 2006? That's right. Nobody gives a f***. You remember the winner and MAYBE the runner up. This year it's Durant, LeBron and Griffin. Noah has had a fine season. But that's it. Only Bulls fans are trying to make it more than that. And that's not surprising at all.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 08:47 PM)
lol. now you're pro-espn when it's convenient? Do me a favor. Who finished 4th in the mvp balloting last year? how about the year before that? how about in 2006? That's right. Nobody gives a f***. You remember the winner and MAYBE the runner up. This year it's Durant, LeBron and Griffin. Noah has had a fine season. But that's it. Only Bulls fans are trying to make it more than that. And that's not surprising at all.

Anything to avoid a conversation about the Bulls. This from the guy proclaiming Paul George better than a future HOFer.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 08:23 PM)
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpos...op&id=67319

And their sub headline is an article on defensive rpm. It's like they just read my post. What the hell.

RPM is ESPN's stat, of course they're going to be pimping it.

What I don't like is that it's completely proprietary. They haven't really outed anything that truly explains how they arrive at those ratings. I can tell you how WAR is calculated because FanGraphs and Baseball Reference have entire sections on that.

I like that they're trying to create something better than Win Shares for basketball, but I'm not sure a plus/minus scoring system is the way to do it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 08:55 PM)
Nets may be tanking to get the 6th seed. People speculated they might and they are doing their part so far tonight. If that happens I will gladlyttake the 4 seed.

They're 0-3 against the Wizards this year, so all they have to do is lose and have the Wizards win tomorrow to get the 6th seed.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 16, 2014 -> 03:44 AM)
I've seen you guys had a wager on PHI, but what exactly was it?

After the second game of the season Steve bet me that Philly would not win 18 games. At the end of January Philly had 15 wins. They promptly lost 27 straight before hitting 18 wins at game 81 of the season.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 16, 2014 -> 05:28 AM)
They're 0-3 against the Wizards this year, so all they have to do is lose and have the Wizards win tomorrow to get the 6th seed.

Do you mean they are 0 and 3 against the Cavs? I hope so.

We all need to pray to the basketball gods for Raptors win and a Nets loss/Wizards win tonight.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 16, 2014 -> 01:55 PM)
It is amusing to see the Knicks ball out in the last three games after elimination.

bmags, you were sweating serious bullets over the last two months, werent you? :D

To be honest I mostly felt dumb because I had told so many people about it. By the end of november they had almost half the wins needed. I thought it was over after the Bucks beat the 76ers by 30.

Part of my theory was right, the nba being so weak the bad teams will have trouble losing to other bad teams. Look at the bucks. That is maybe the worst lineup I've ever seen in the NBA, and they came out with 15 wins. That's horrible but I can't believe they won more than 10.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 16, 2014 -> 08:06 AM)
Do you mean they are 0 and 3 against the Cavs? I hope so.

We all need to pray to the basketball gods for Raptors win and a Nets loss/Wizards win tonight.

No I meant they were 0-3 against the Wizards. That means the Wizards own the tiebreaker.

Bulls vs. Nets will be tough. Nets have been a different team 2nd half of the season but if you get through that, its better position to be in going against Indiana (vs. Miami) in Rd 2. Not saying Bulls win but probably better odds. By the way, I just want to say I told you all this team would fall within the top 3-4.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 16, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
No I meant they were 0-3 against the Wizards. That means the Wizards own the tiebreaker.

Gotcha.

Nets vs Heat and Bulls vs Pacers would make for very exciting EC semis so let's hope tonight plays out like we want it to.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 05:12 AM)
If the Bulls would have won last night, Thibodeau would be getting torched today.

Wizards aren't exactly a great matchup for the Bulls. Agree they haven't been near the team the Nets have been the 2nd half of the season, but from a pure match-up standpoint they might be tougher.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
@FisolaNYDN

Carmelo: "At this point in my career I'm not concerned about the money." Knicks can offer more than any other team: five years, $129 million

He said that now, I don't buy it for a second though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
He said that now, I don't buy it for a second though.

The Knicks can offer $40 million more than the Bulls from what I read. I would never blame someone for not taking it, but I'm with you, once the "it's not about the money" stuff starts flying, it seems to end up all about the money.

IMO, I think the only way the Bulls sign him is with some sort of sign and trade. I think Pheel would be interested in that. What the Bulls would have to give up, I have zero idea.He has to figure by the time the Knicks are championship quality, Melo is going to be pretty long in the tooth.