Games Thread 6/28, CLE @ SOX x2

cabiness42

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 06:35 PM)
So despite hiring an offensive head coach and redoing their entire o-line, the Bears have only managed a TD and a FG against the vaunted Browns?

At this point it's all on Cutler. Man he's fallen so far from Denver...

Wrong thread, lol?

Does ANYONE actually care any more about this Sox season, besides our midseason trades and watching the new players?

QUOTE (TheBigHurtIsBack @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 06:40 PM)
My first game thread in years here and we've scored 10! But... we're still losing. Ha. I picked a good day.

Stay tuned for game 2. More fun to come!!

Alexei Ramirez.

Yet another error.

Marty34's doomsday/nightmare scenario is coming true.

Indians going for the 2 point conversion.

14th ERROR of the season, already has passed last year's total earlier in the week.

Edited by caulfield12

Wrong thread, lol?

Does ANYONE actually care any more about this Sox season, besides our midseason trades and watching the new players?

No. In fact, the "baseball euphoria" faded away quicker this year than any other season I can recall watching. Plus with the hubbub about the Blackhawks... no chance.

Edited by TheBigHurtIsBack

Seriously, giving the fans a discount for wearing their BlackHawks gear ($15) was a decent idea, but when you're playing the Indians, and their base color is also red, it gives the appearance there are more Indians than White Sox fans.

Maybe there are...good thing they didn't count the attendance separately for a day/night DH, lol.

QUOTE (TheBigHurtIsBack @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 06:44 PM)
No. In fact, the "baseball euphoria" faded away quicker this year than any other season I can recall watching. Plus with the hubbub about the Blackhawks... no chance.

I remember the White Sox still being at least legitimately competitive at this point in 2007.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 06:43 PM)

Only in a I'm a White Sox fan and have been for well over 50 years and this is what I do in the summer kind of way. I follow/watch the f***ing White Sox. Some years, like this they'll piss me off to no end but I'll still watch. This year I'm far more interested in the minor league system, for better or worse. I'm excited about the up and coming moves which I hope are plenty. Right now I want losses and a real good draft pick next year. That said, from game to game, I want them to win, but when they don't I'm fine with it. It's complicated.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 07:52 PM)
Only in a I'm a White Sox fan and have been for well over 50 years and this is what I do in the summer kind of way. I follow/watch the f***ing White Sox. Some years, like this they'll piss me off to no end but I'll still watch. This year I'm far more interested in the minor league system, for better or worse. I'm excited about the up and coming moves which I hope are plenty. Right now I want losses and a real good draft pick next year. That said, from game to game, I want them to win, but when they don't I'm fine with it. It's complicated.

I hear you.

Wins and losses will happen. At the end of the season, the Sox will probably be 71-91 at best, to 67-95 at worse. Witnessing it is the hard part, but as a fan, you watch or follow.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
wait wait wait wait. we have a promotion to wear BLACKHAWKS gear (red) to a home game against the INDIANS (also red)? seriously, who's the idiot who thought that one up?

Choose your battles.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 06:58 PM)
wait wait wait wait. we have a promotion to wear BLACKHAWKS gear (red) to a home game against the INDIANS (also red)? seriously, who's the idiot who thought that one up?

I think they're in a who gives a f*** mode.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)

Yes, trying to take advantage of a million or so extra people roaming around the city today was an idiotic idea...

Casper definitely looking better than Brian Anderson on the mound.

Nasty forkball/sinker.

Casper The Friendly Wells=Sergio Santos 2?

Up to 92.

Omogrosso and Troncoso look scared in the dugout.

85 MPH change-up the same as some of Danks' and Axelrod's heaters this season, lol. Wells ERA=0.00

Retired the hottest hitter in the Indians' line-up, Jason Kipnis (cue Phil Rogers article on another Chicago product NOT on the Sox or Cubs).

Edited by caulfield12