Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)
If I was doing Peavy and Crain, I'd want Owings, Davidson, Eaton

Oh how sweet it would be to pull off a trade like that. Unfortunately, I don't see Davidson going anywhere. However, I'd still take Owings, Eaton, and maybe throw in some pitching prospects.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 10:01 AM)
Or Chris Owings. Can't wrong with either. Preferably both but let's not get greedy

owings strikes me more as a bench player, his k/bb rate is pretty bad and his minor league babip avg is .357, this season its .418. Just for reference Ichiro's career BABIP is .345

If we're trading with AZ I want Eaton and davidson coming back

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 05:45 PM)
Any new rumors out there?

I have no new rumors because the Cardinals (my team) are as tight-lipped as the White Sox front office. You guys at least have Bucket so you get more than most message boards.

You guys have a lot of message space taken up with Arizona and I don't blame you. They have a nice farm system. I got some information today that I think bears on this thread's subject.

At Last night's White Sox game, the scouts present were from the Yankees, Orioles, Red Sox, and Cardinals. Apparently absent were the DBacks. What any of this means, I have no idea. Just an FYI.

Edited by mike65

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/andrew-bagg...plans-again-etc

As much as Bochy loves Jake Peavy, my information is that the White Sox and Giants have not discussed a deal. And if the Giants had one of their special assignment honchos there to see Peavy pitch Saturday night in his first start back from the disabled list, they stayed out of sight.

(Great. Now I’m imagining Dick Tidrow looking something like this.)

From what I’m hearing, the White Sox expect to have several clubs interested in Peavy and his $14.5 million contract for next season isn’t viewed as an impediment. If it’s going to require a big prospect haul, the Giants don’t have either the quantity or quality of trade chips to get a seat at the table.

I sense a lot of gamesmanship going on as it pertains to Peavy. Even the Diamondbacks and old pal Kevin Towers are putting out word, tactfully, that they won’t be players. I don’t believe it. Both the Giants and Diamondbacks would love to have him, and by the way, there ain’t no way he’s getting through waivers.

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 07:48 PM)
I have no new rumors because the Cardinals (my team) are as tight-lipped as the White Sox front office. You guys at least have Bucket so you get more than most message boards.

You guys have a lot of message space taken up with Arizona and I don't blame you. They have a nice farm system. I got some information today that I think bears on this thread's subject.

At Last night's White Sox game, the scouts present were from the Yankees, Orioles, Red Sox, and Cardinals. Apparently absent were the DBacks. What any of this means, I have no idea. Just an FYI.

DBacks were there but Rosenthal said.they weren't looking at Peavy which I highly doubt

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 07:28 PM)
DBacks were there but Rosenthal said.they weren't looking at Peavy which I highly doubt

I read somewhere today that Towers said that the DBacks can't or won't take on any new payroll. If the DBacks weren't there for Peavy, I would assume they were there for Lindstrom? They have had their share of bullpen issues.

If it really turns out that the Yanks, Orioles, Red Sox, and Cards were the ones there for Peavy, how do you guys think that this will play out?

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 08:38 PM)
I read somewhere today that Towers said that the DBacks can't or won't take on any new payroll. If the DBacks weren't there for Peavy, I would assume they were there for Lindstrom? They have had their share of bullpen issues.

If it really turns out that the Yanks, Orioles, Red Sox, and Cards were the ones there for Peavy, how do you guys think that this will play out?

Red Sox and Cards match up best as far as prospects go. I don't think Baltimore has the pieces unless they are willing to give up Gausman and/or Bundy (who just had TJ as well). The Yanks farm system ain't so hot either other than Gary Sanchez.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 08:49 PM)
Red Sox and Cards match up best as far as prospects go. I don't think Baltimore has the pieces unless they are willing to give up Gausman and/or Bundy (who just had TJ as well). The Yanks farm system ain't so hot either other than Gary Sanchez.

Don't overlook Texas as a landing spot for JFP...not sayin', just sayin'.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 02:58 AM)

Any idea who the Sox would be interested in? If they want to give up Olt, Sardinas, Edwards and another person...bring it on

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)
Any idea who the Sox would be interested in? If they want to give up Olt, Sardinas, Edwards and another person...bring it on

It's early in this dance with Texas. I will say Peavy should command more than they would send for Garza.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)

I really think that we're in a good position with Jake. We certainly don't have to trade him, and I don't feel he wants to leave. I actually don't think his injury history is as big of a red flag as some people might, as it's not like it's a long term contract situation for another team - but he does have more than just this year to offer.

I really wish we were good enough to not even consider it, but I think that we can afford to be picky with him. If we don't get a good offer for him, either wait til the winter or go into next year with him.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)
It's early in this dance with Texas. I will say Peavy should command more than they would send for Garza.

I really would like Odor. He's one of my favorite prospects. Sardinas is nice. Nick Williams is the definition of a White Sox pospect as well. They also have some great pitching in Luke Jackson and Edwards.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)
2840288[/url]']

Thats if Sardinas was actually included in the deal, most reports I have seen show the rest of the package minus Sardinas. Guessing that it was leaked by the Cubs that he was included to drive up the perceived value of Garza. I would take the deal with Sardinas if they included Odor or Williams. So many guys in that deal are so far away you have to get quite a few to increase the chances one actually succeeds.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 06:58 PM)

I said all along a Peavy and Rios to Tx deal was what I was looking for but i wanted a boatload back . Profar and Martin but thats never going to happen but its very workable. Cards are workable but Adams is what I want. Lynn's been terrible lately . Bostons scraping the bottom of the barrel now and trying to pretend their pitching spects can perform well enough but I don't buy it. I think they'd part with Middlebrooks and/or Ingelsias who's performed well for them but MiL track record is no hit all field and they have a better SS prospect than him any way.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 01:42 AM)
I said all along a Peavy and Rios to Tx deal was what I was looking for but i wanted a boatload back . Profar and Martin but thats never going to happen but its very workable. Cards are workable but Adams is what I want. Lynn's been terrible lately . Bostons scraping the bottom of the barrel now and trying to pretend their pitching spects can perform well enough but I don't buy it. I think they'd part with Middlebrooks and/or Ingelsias who's performed well for them but MiL track record is no hit all field and they have a better SS prospect than him any way.

I have two problems with this paragraph:

1. There's nothing even close to "workable" about Profar+Martin. That's so far off the charts that it doesn't even warrant discussion -- we could make a very successful trade with Texas that doesn't include those guys, which is good because we are not getting them. Sardinas would be a coup, for example.

2. I really, really don't want anything to do with Middlebrooks. The dude is a total hack who had a flukey half year who was just BOUND to implode, and did. There's no sign at all that his approach to hitting will give him sustained major league success. He strikes out 28% of the time and walks 4%. For a point of reference, Dayan Viciedo strikes out 21% of the time and walks 6%. Jose Iglesias has hit very well in limited action, but I'm still wary on him because he's really never hit well anywhere before in the minors. Maybe he's legit, but I'd have to see more success before I was comfortable with him as a centerpiece.

I already said it wasn't going to happen so by workable I meant a trade with Tx. The only one I said I actually wanted was Adams. I also said that's what Boston probably would give up not that I want it. They're talking like they won't give up prospects but if they give any up they'll part with those 2. I like Iglesias because he's got a very good glove but no sense getting him while we still have Alexei. So your problems should be gone.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 06:13 AM)
For whatever it's worth - there is a post on MLB Trade Rumors asking respondents if Peavy or Garza has more trade value.

So far, 60+% of the over 3,000 polled vie for Garza.

The site is run by a cub fan, clearly, the numbers were altered because I doubt that many people could be that stupid in the same place.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:28 AM)
The site is run by a cub fan, clearly, the numbers were altered because I doubt that many people could be that stupid in the same place.

Yeah it is. It's just a fan poll. Not what GMs think though. And the dude that runs mlbtraderumors lives 2 minutes from my house.