Jesse Crain dealt to Tampa Bay

southsider2k5

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 02:36 PM)
I like Trevor Story an awful lot. Don't think he can be had for Crain though.

I don't know -- I think it's a possibility. Story, I believe, has taken a step back this year, and there's no doubt he's blocked by Tulo/Rutledge.

Corey Dickerson looks rather intriguing if they're gonna trade Rios and or move Tank to 1B next year.

He's their 15th ranked prospect but I suspect after putting up the numbers he has in AAA (.383/.426/.659) that that ranking will go up considerably if he doesn't lose his prospect eligibility....and the the chances of us getting him for Crain may have gone down considerably.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
He's hitting 217 and strikes out around 40% of the time. I would go after Kyle Parker.

I agree, a Crain for Parker trade would be awesome. Parker can be a young guy to build the team around and play RF next year if Rios is traded. I don't think he is a stud prospect, but a guy who can possibly put up a .250 BA and .350 OBP, knock out 20-25 homers, and drive in 75 plus every year while playing above average D (although he might wind up in LF if he gets any slower). Worst case scenario, we would at least have a QB to throw the rock around to Mitchell, Hawkins, and Jacobs. I really think with the right QB (I'm not sure Dunn can cut it as a QB anymore), the White Sox would run away with the championship in a MLB 7 on 7 league.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 07:33 PM)
I agree, a Crain for Parker trade would be awesome. Parker can be a young guy to build the team around and play RF next year if Rios is traded. I don't think he is a stud prospect, but a guy who can possibly put up a .250 BA and .350 OBP, knock out 20-25 homers, and drive in 75 plus every year while playing above average D (although he might wind up in LF if he gets any slower). Worst case scenario, we would at least have a QB to throw the rock around to Mitchell, Hawkins, and Jacobs. I really think with the right QB (I'm not sure Dunn can cut it as a QB anymore), the White Sox would run away with the championship in a MLB 7 on 7 league.

Yeah I agree. These next couple of weeks are going to be.very interesting now that everyone is getting healthy and hopefully (knock on wood) stays healthy.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 07:33 PM)
I agree, a Crain for Parker trade would be awesome. Parker can be a young guy to build the team around and play RF next year if Rios is traded. I don't think he is a stud prospect, but a guy who can possibly put up a .250 BA and .350 OBP, knock out 20-25 homers, and drive in 75 plus every year while playing above average D (although he might wind up in LF if he gets any slower).

So pretty much Dayan's floor? Who everyone around here is ready to give up on.

One place I'd like to see Crain land is Boston. If they could get AA prospect Garin Cecchini. He tore up the SAL and CAR leagues so the Sox would be familiar with him. His LH bat, hitting for avg. and OBP, is one to build around. Not sure if Crain would be enough though.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 06:29 AM)
One place I'd like to see Crain land is Boston. If they could get AA prospect Garin Cecchini. He tore up the SAL and CAR leagues so the Sox would be familiar with him. His LH bat, hitting for avg. and OBP, is one to build around. Not sure if Crain would be enough though.

Crain wouldn't be remotely close to enough. Cecchini is a top 10 prospect in all of baseball.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)
Crain wouldn't be remotely close to enough. Cecchini is a top 10 prospect in all of baseball.

with Middlebrooks ahead of him, and Boston in a position to win another World Series, it's about what Boston would need in return. Target who you want in terms of prospects, such as Cecchini, and see if common ground is there for a trade.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)

Fangraphs just updated their top 50 prospects for midseason. cecchini is 45 after his monster year. He wasn't in the top 100 preseason.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 07:00 AM)
with Middlebrooks ahead of him, and Boston in a position to win another World Series, it's about what Boston would need in return. Target who you want in terms of prospects, such as Cecchini, and see if common ground is there for a trade.

Middlebrooks was sort of a fluky story last year. There's no way Middlebrooks is actually ahead of him. He might get a crack at taking the job back, but they will have no second thoughts about dealing him.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
Middlebrooks was sort of a fluky story last year. There's no way Middlebrooks is actually ahead of him. He might get a crack at taking the job back, but they will have no second thoughts about dealing him.

Middlebrooks has been hurt this year. Going into 2012, he was the Red Sox #1 Prospect and #56 overall. If the Red Sox made him available this deadline I'd take a flyer on him returning to form.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 05:05 PM)
Any contender can use a healthy Jesse. He was placed on the 15 day DL retro to 6-30. He's eligible to come off. Any word when?

I just read a tweet, forgot from who, that RV said that Crain will go on a rehab assignment before coming back to the big club.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 19, 2013 -> 11:08 PM)
I just read a tweet, forgot from who, that RV said that Crain will go on a rehab assignment before coming back to the big club.

Thanks. Makes sense. Shouldn't be a long rehab. A Few games tops.