Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
Whoa.

Danny Knobler ‏@DannyKnoblerCBS 7m

Rangers are thinking big in OF search. Tried for Stanton, watched Bautista, Encarnacion. All 3 unlikely, though. http://cbsprt.co/19mSiXl

Not surprising -- good time to cut ties with Cruz, and they have a tremendously valuable blocked prospect in Profar.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 10:40 AM)
No, absolutely not. My post that I quoted, which I brought from another thread, fits this thread and your post perfectly. Bucket isn't going to have anything new that's going to blow your mind that he hasn't already said.

Here, I can say this:

"There is a deal that's close, but I can't go into specifics."

And it's the same thing and it's true, and I haven't consulted anyone within any MLB organization.

As I mentioned in the other post, this isn't a slight against bucket, and we are appreciative of any information provided by posters, but rather that this is a season of misinformation and we can hear about deals that are close that will never finish and never be reported by the media, and we won't hear anything about deals that will come together and be finalized in about 2 hours.

Just relax.

The landscape keeps changing. Three things that have happened that have radically shifted Sox deals:

1) Hudson injury

2) Crain injury

3) Berkman injury

The Sox FO is different now than in the past. Rick is very, very patient.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 11:37 AM)
Whoa.

Danny Knobler ‏@DannyKnoblerCBS 7m

Rangers are thinking big in OF search. Tried for Stanton, watched Bautista, Encarnacion. All 3 unlikely, though. http://cbsprt.co/19mSiXl

Accordig to MLBtraderumors Rangers ask about Stanton every week and they have the prospects to make that deal but Marlins keep saying no.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/stark-on.html

The Pirates might not be as focused on Alex Rios as they've been portrayed. Rios' contract, which would increase his base salary to $13MM next season if he's traded, doesn't fit into their payroll. On top of that, other scouts say Bucs scouts have questioned Rios' effort. Stark says Justin Morneau, who they've inquired on, is a name to file away. Even though they'd prefer a right-handed bat who could play right field, they could move Garrett Jones back to right if they deal for a first baseman.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)
The landscape keeps changing. Three things that have happened that have radically shifted Sox deals:

1) Hudson injury

2) Crain injury

3) Berkman injury

Interesting.

Thank you sir.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)

1) Hudson injury

2) Crain injury

3) Berkman injury

Interesting, thanks for the info. Is that Alex Rios in your avatar? Or just a random player?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:02 PM)
Seems like Rios will be a guy that Hahn may have to hold onto until the last minute. Teams may not want to meet the Sox's asking price right now, but 5 days from now when the deadline is nearing its end, a team may make a desperation move to get that right-handed bat they need.

Unless the Rangers are able to get Stanton, Pence or Bautista, I have a feeling Rios will be on the Rangers in a week.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)

1) Hudson injury

2) Crain injury

3) Berkman injury

That is interesting but why does Beckham's injury change things?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 12:09 PM)
That is interesting but why does Beckham's injury change things?

I read it first as Beckham too but I have had a detached retina procedure so by habit I looked again. Berkmans the switch hitting DH has knee and hip problems . I was hoping the Biogenesis suspensions would be handed out by aweek before the trade deadline but no such luck on anyone but Braun because RF Nelson Cruz is a prime candidate and Rangers must take that into consideration also. That's why the Rangers are thinking big right now.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)
I read it first as Beckham too but I have had a detached retina procedure so by habit I looked again. Berkmans the switch hitting DH has knee and hip problems . I was hoping the Biogenesis suspensions would be handed out by the All-Star break but no such luck on anyone but Braun because RF Nelson Cruz is a prime candidate and Rangers must take that into consideration also. That's why the Rangers are thinking big right now.

I also think they are looking to unload Profar and trying to get appropriate value back. The longer that Profar is a utility player for them the lower his value is in a deal. He isn't getting consistent enough at bats to get a read on, and he hasn't really set the world on fire as Machado has.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 02:41 PM)
Any shot we can get Profar in a deal?

Maybe thats why we haven't made the deal. Could be we are holding out for him and Texas is making calls to try and deal him for someone they like more than Rios. It's definitely a long shot, but the Rangers are in "all-in" mode.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)
Maybe thats why we haven't made the deal. Could be we are holding out for him and Texas is making calls to try and deal him for someone they like more than Rios. It's definitely a long shot, but the Rangers are in "all-in" mode.

Tx wants 2 bats we have 2 bats in Rios and Dunn. We eat $10-12 million......

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)
I read it first as Beckham too but I have had a detached retina procedure so by habit I looked again. Berkmans the switch hitting DH has knee and hip problems . I was hoping the Biogenesis suspensions would be handed out by the All-Star break but no such luck on anyone but Braun because RF Nelson Cruz is a prime candidate and Rangers must take that into consideration also. That's why the Rangers are thinking big right now.

Wow yeah it is Berkman. Like other posters have said if the Sox can package Rios and Dunn and eat some money and land a prospect of Profar and some others, I would be ecstatic.