White Sox send out email fan survey

Balta1701

I've actually never seen a company, or a baseball team, do this before. I've seen plenty of surveys from the White Sox, I'm on their email list, but this was a new one.

This morning I got an email from the White Sox with a brief survey about...this season.

The questions were: What things do we (the organization) need to keep in mind as we go through the changes needed to improve the team?

What has disappointed you most about this season?

What excites you most about the White Sox going forward this year and in the years to come?

Emphasis theirs.

My answers to the first 2 were basically, "I can't stand the quality of play on the field, I'd rather watch the team lose but not make these silly errors than watch what we see now", "The defense and the mental errors", and "Chris Sale and this young, talented pitching staff".

Mine were similar answers. I said the most disappointing thing was the record. And the mind-numbingly bad defense that has given away so many games.

The things I was looking forward to : Chris Sale

Edited by SAVVY18

I got no such e-mail, but my answer would have been:

This team needs position players who can get on base while batting, and keep the other team's players off base while fielding. It's been since 2006 that the Sox have had a team in the top 6th in the AL in OPB. Since then, the White Sox AL rank in OBP has been:

2013 (so far) - 14th

2012 - 7th

2011 - 7th

2010 - 7th

2009 - 10th

2008 - 9th

2007 - 14th

And the defense this year has been abysmal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
I've actually never seen a company, or a baseball team, do this before. I've seen plenty of surveys from the White Sox, I'm on their email list, but this was a new one.

This morning I got an email from the White Sox with a brief survey about...this season.

The questions were: What things do we (the organization) need to keep in mind as we go through the changes needed to improve the team?

What has disappointed you most about this season?

What excites you most about the White Sox going forward this year and in the years to come?

Emphasis theirs.

My answers to the first 2 were basically, "I can't stand the quality of play on the field, I'd rather watch the team lose but not make these silly errors than watch what we see now", "The defense and the mental errors", and "Chris Sale and this young, talented pitching staff".

Good Answer

This is genius marketing.

The Sox are about to make changes. They know fully well this team is not well liked, and they certainly aren't going to ask for opinions on how to shape the roster. But they send this out and a lot of fans will actually think they are making moves because they told them to do so.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 01:15 PM)
Get rid of the AC/DC music at the beginning of the game. You could probably take a look about doing something about the Pirates intro, but the AC/DC has to go away forever.

No. Go away.

Here are my replies:

-The TV booth needs a change. Hawk is a legend, but he is past his prime and ruins the broadcast. A new voice on TV would greatly improve the TV watching experience.

-All of the mental errors that make it seem like the players have no focus and don't want to be on the field. Losing is easier to handle if the players appear to be giving 100%.

-Chris Sale, Chris Sale, and Chris Sale.

Got it too.

Was shocked by the shortness of it.

I think they need to keep the low ticket prices moving forward, and run more promos like they did during the 4th of July series. Those dollar dogs and reduced everything else was pretty awesome.

Play on the field.

Chris Sale.

Edited by My_Sox_Summer

I spent the big bucks on the MVP experience at Soxfest, therefore I expect to be included not only on all surveys but also to have KW ask my opinion in regards to at least one trade. And I say KW, because with the trade for "toolsy" Brandon Jacobs, KW is still running the show....

Sarcasm aside, I'm glad the survey allowed for only comments. Surverys are less effective if they have you click on dots to rate your feelings on a "No opinion/disagree slightly/agree a little" scale.

My bitter sox-ness expects an intern to read the comments and "clean them up" for executive review.