ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 05:00 PM)
The Brewers should absolutely be able to void his contract, and have Braun go away forever. I'm so sick of these s***heads.

Taking steroids is one thing but to try and literally ruin someone's life by being a lying asshole is just on a whole other level of jackassness.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 03:07 PM)
His positive drug test came after game 2 of the 2011 NLDS, a series in which he slashed .500/.571/.889

That test was the highest testosterone level ever recorded at the time, which led some to suspect it was tainted. Now? Not so much.

The Brewers should absolutely be able to void his contract, and have Braun go away forever. I'm so sick of these s***heads.

That would be a reward for him because I bet he would get a monster contract in free agency (even though his contract does jump up to 19 million in a couple of years). Braun got away with nothing but a slap on the wrist. Still technically has never failed the MLB drug testing policy, is losing out on only about 2 million dollars (I'm sure he can survive off of the 5 or so million he has already collected this season), and gets an extra two months of vacation during a terrible season for the Brewers. The MLB pretty much let Braun off the hook just so they could avoid losing the appeal again.

If they did that'd I'd start praying for the White Sox to sign him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)
Taking steroids is one thing but to try and literally ruin someone's life by being a lying asshole is just on a whole other level of jackassness.

Um, the collector f***ed up and didn't follow correct procedure. If he had done his job correctly, Braun would have been suspended last year. Braun may still be a jackass, but facts are facts.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:22 PM)
Um, the collector f***ed up and didn't follow correct procedure. If he had done his job correctly, Braun would have been suspended last year. Braun may still be a jackass, but facts are facts.

He followed the correct procedure and his work was sound by international standards. However, MLB had not clearly spelled out the procedure in their rules, so no matter what he did Braun could challenge it. Anyone else could have challenged a positive test if it occurred after the close of FedEx on Friday if they'd had a good enough lawyer.

But he didn't need to come out and say that there was some horribly suspicious thing he'd found out about the tester.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 08:28 PM)
He followed the correct procedure and his work was sound by international standards. However, MLB had not clearly spelled out the procedure in their rules, so no matter what he did Braun could challenge it. Anyone else could have challenged a positive test if it occurred after the close of FedEx on Friday if they'd had a good enough lawyer.

But he didn't need to come out and say that there was some horribly suspicious thing he'd found out about the tester.

He questioned the entire collection process, of which the collector was part of. He didn't specifically accuse Laurenzi of sabotaging the sample himself. MLB's rules may be stupid, but an arbitrator ruled that the process wasn't performed correctly. IMO he does not owe him an apology at all.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:43 PM)
He questioned the entire collection process, of which the collector was part of. He didn't specifically accuse Laurenzi of sabotaging the sample himself. MLB's rules may be stupid, but an arbitrator ruled that the process wasn't performed correctly. IMO he does not owe him an apology at all.

He questioned specifically the integrity f the collector.

"There were a lot of things that we learned about the collector, about the collection process, about the way that the entire thing worked," Braun said, "that made us very concerned and very suspicious about what could have actually happened."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writ...l#ixzz2ZpV2twah

“We spoke to biochemists and scientists and we asked them how difficult would it be to tamper with somebody’s sample. And their response was that if they were motivated, it would be extremely easy.”

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 10:10 PM)
He refers to the collector and the entire process, and since the collection wasnt shipped immediately, it could have been ruined by Laurenzi or by anyone else. The collector didn't follow protocol and ship on Saturday, he is not the victim.

Who else had access to it and how could he follow protocol when protocol requires him to ship using a company that is closed?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:12 PM)
Who else had access to it and how could he follow protocol when protocol requires him to ship using a company that is closed?

I don't know, I wasn't at his house. And it was determined that there were FedEx offices open in Milwaukee that Saturday night.