9/11 Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 10:28 AM)
What the hey? One game and now we are on the Beckham can't play kick again

Not saying he can't play but maybe he is not the best defensive second baseman in baseball as the Hawkeroo will tell us. Although a good part of this is Beckham's ability to turn the double play at second.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 04:51 AM)
Mini Garcia sure showed how overrated Beckham is defensively. He made some incredible plays at second tonight.

Second base has always been considered a position you can plug in somebody. Wouldn't you say Beckham is at the stage he's just another guy you can plug in? .274 4 21 in 317 at bats. Career .250 hitter. He's a great defensive player but you can find those guys to play second base. Beckham probably could use a change of scenery to see if he can blossom or not.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 03:11 PM)
Right. He's just not dynamic enough to be called "great."

The advanced metrics think he started off ok at second base and has gotten worse there every year. I'm not sure I disagree, I certainly feel like he seemed to have more range a few years ago.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 10:24 PM)
Avi slumping of late. He has a lot of holes in his swing that hopefully they close up next year.

This was a very depressing game with regards to our offense. But hey, we're acquiring Cabrera and Trout this offseason!

He's got pitch selection issues more than hole in his swing, IMO. The pitches he's getting beat on are the types of pitches lots of people get beat on, he needs to lay off of them.

Also, he doesn't appear to be able to catch up to good velocity, even if it's right in the zone. Looks like he's trying to be a breaking ball hitter.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)
I got banned at the other site for saying "Beckham hits like a girl." I swear that kid has the best marketing department around. The amount of bulls*** propaganda about him is ridiculous.

That's because it's offensive to girls. Some probably screamed "I don't hit like that!"