Axe - F

Ventura - F

Cooper - C to B-minus

Manto - F

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 11:05 PM)
Sale A (team MVP)

Crain - A -

Quintana - A-

Santiago B

Peavy B

Lindstrom C

A. Garcia - B

Rios - B

Reed - B-plus

Thornton C-

Lexi - C

Nate Jones C

Gillaspie C-minus

DeAza - C-minus

Viciedo - D-plus

Beckham - C to C-minus

Dunn - D

Keppinger - D

Phegs - C-minus to D

Flowers - F

Konerko - D-minus

Axe - F

Ventura - F

Cooper - C to B-minus

Manto - F

Beckham is a C and Viciedo is a D. You're an idiot. I need to step away from the Internet.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 05:14 AM)
Beckham is a C and Viciedo is a D. You're an idiot. I need to step away from the Internet.

Why am I an idiot? Explain. Beckham's defense made up for his lousy offense so I gave him a C. He's a f***ing average second baseman all-around which means C. He's a C if I've ever seen one.

As far as Viciedo, he's been pathetic defensively, just pathetic, and he's a lousy to average hitter. So I gave him what I gave him, a D-plus. I was thinking C-minus and could accept that grade for him. What are your grades for them?? I don't think I deserved the "idiot" tag for those 2 grades.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 12:16 AM)
Why am I an idiot? Explain. Beckham's defense made up for his lousy offense so I gave him a C. He's a f***ing average second baseman all-around which means C. He's a C if I've ever seen one.

As far as Viciedo, he's been pathetic defensively, just pathetic, and he's a lousy to average hitter. So I gave him what I gave him, a D-plus. I was thinking C-minus and could accept that grade for him. What are your grades for them?? I don't think I deserved the "idiot" tag for those 2 grades.

You're an idiot because Viciedo is a much better baseball player. f***. The numbers tell you that.

I'd like to know in what universe a starting player with 0.1 WAR isn't an F, let alone a D-.

.732 OPS, 96 wRC+, 0.1 WAR, -5 DRS.

TaylorST is right, The numbers tell you something, they tell you that Viciedo sucks. His only shining light is that he is young, and cheap.

Edited by whitesox901

Only graded 25 players:

A: Sale, Crain

A-: AGarcia, Quintana, Lindstrom

B+: Rios, Santiago, Reed

B: Dunn, Peavy, Thornton

B-: Viciedo, DeAza, DanksI, Jones

C+: Gillaspie

C: Beckham, DanksII, Veal

C-: Konerko, Ramirez

D+: Axelrod

D: Keppinger

D-: Flowers, Phegley

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 06:59 AM)
Only graded 25 players:

A: Sale, Crain

A-: AGarcia, Quintana, Lindstrom

B+: Rios, Santiago, Reed

B: Dunn, Peavy, Thornton

B-: Viciedo, DeAza, DanksI, Jones

C+: Gillaspie

C: Beckham, DanksII, Veal

C-: Konerko, Ramirez

D+: Axelrod

D: Keppinger

D-: Flowers, Phegley

how did Axelrod do better than Keppinger...

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 07:06 AM)
Axelrod's ERA+ is 75 and Keppinger's OPS+ is 62. That wasn't my rationale for every grade, but relative to the norms for their positions, Keppinger was much more of a failure.

Oh ok, because I looked at it more as how many games did they lose us, and it was something like Axe 14, Kep 12 (0-4/0-5 games)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 10:38 PM)
Don't care for individual grades.

Team/coaching/organization grade: F

The White Sox are ratchet and busted.

wretched. lol

unless of course you mean: a mechanical device that allows continuous linear or rotary motion in only one direction while preventing motion in the opposite direction.

in that case, i dont understand :)

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 12:53 AM)
Let me keep spelling it out for you. Beckham is the worst. He's absolutely awful. Video games won't even let you create a Gordon Beckham. He's the biggest flop I've seen in any sport. Holy s***, he sucks. I actually hate him.

Really? Had no idea, I couldn't tell by your 8 posts before this one or the 5 after this one.

I'm with you on the "Beckham's defense is overrated" thing, but you have apparently not looked at his numbers. And you are apparently unaware of how much better Beckham has actually been than Paul Konerko. At the plate. While he's played 2B.

To say "Gordon Beckham has been one of the worst players in baseball this year," you would be making the argument that the Bucks were one of the worst teams in the NBA last year WHILE they made the playoffs. It makes no logical sense. Take off the blinders. I don't care if he is or is not on the team next year, but recognize him for what he is - a slightly below average second baseman who missed a lot of the year with a wrist injury.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 05:44 AM)
How does Axe deserve an F? He is a minor league pitcher who earned four wins at the major league level. That's overachieving in my book.

Jesus Christ, are people still using wins as a measurement in 2013?

On one hand people say Sale deserves Cy Young recognition even though he's below .500, on the other Axe gets a pass for earning a whopping 4 wins as a minor league level pitcher. Sounds like double standard to me.

Axe definitely gets an F in my books. He has just been god awful since May, with an ERA over 7. His overall ERA and FIP is also in the mid 5, which won't cut it at any level. Let's just say that I don't think the Sox expect opponent to hit over .300 against him.

Also, Fathom's grades are WAY too generous. How can a 100 loss team has more A's and B's than D's and F's? How can Crain and Peavy's contribution to the team be graded as A and B, respectively, when they both missed significant time?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 07:57 AM)
wretched. lol

unless of course you mean: a mechanical device that allows continuous linear or rotary motion in only one direction while preventing motion in the opposite direction.

in that case, i dont understand :)

Ratchet is a term to describe "disgusting"

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 10:41 AM)
Also, Fathom's grades are WAY too generous. How can a 100 loss team has more A's and B's than D's and F's? How can Crain and Peavy's contribution to the team be graded as A and B, respectively, when they both missed significant time?

Because the pitching staff has been pretty damn good this year?