St. Louis Cardinals vs. Boston Red Sox

knightni

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 06:45 PM)
Man, I remember watching the RS last year. They were busted and gross. What a turnaround.

I think that should serve as inspiration for the Sox going forward. Too many people talk about rebuilding for the future. What future is it ? How many years? I think it's much easier to rebuild when you have the payroll flexibilty and strong starting pitching in a year or two then it is to build a long term winner with youth and expect them all to come together for years of competing. The Royals had a bunch of hitters come up through their system that everyone loved and they just this year got back to .500 after years of being down.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 11:38 PM)
Who are three guys that contributed little to nothing to their team's championship?

Peavy did win game 4 in Tampa and wasn't awful in game 3. The other two didn't do jack though.

And I thought you were just listing former White Sox on the team.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 11:24 PM)
What an absolute disgrace that a proven cheater be given the WS MVP.

Probably the least likable from that esteemed group as well. It would be nice to see even a fraction of the (well deserved, of course) scrutiny being thrown A-Rod's way redirected at the hot air balloon-esque dome of Ortiz. It's maddening that he's walking away from this in broad daylight.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 11:55 PM)
Peavy did win game 4 in Tampa and wasn't awful in game 3. The other two didn't do jack though.

And I thought you were just listing former White Sox on the team.

You are right, that was a bit harsh on Jake. The other two, not so much.

I had just seen Dempster's name pop up, and he had been in Chicago for so long. (for the other team, I know)

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 01:24 AM)
What an absolute disgrace that a proven cheater be given the WS MVP.

But he's likable and doesnt know how he could have tested positive in the test he failed....

It's the members of the media who fawn over Ortiz is the reason why a part of me wants A-Rod to have 1 more amazing year. David Ortiz is as textbook of a performance enhancer case as there is. I usually get annoyed by Mr-know-it-all Colin Cowherd but I was glad to hear him bring up his suspicions yesterday on his radio show.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 10:35 AM)
You know what turns me off about the Red Sox is that they need to have some shtick they can't just play, Fear the Beard, The Idiots, Sweet Caroline, just play the f***ing game.

I like that Peavy got a ring.

(The White Sox brought Steve Perry to their world series parade).