2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 06:44 PM)
Sounds like Ninja Turtles will be delayed extensively since it's so terrible.

Is 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Being Delayed for Reshoots?

Now comes word that the movie is being delayed for reshoots.

This unconfirmed report claims the movie is being bumped from its prime August release date all the way into November or December, where it will become a holiday release. The reason for the delay is a series of reshoots said to make up more than one third of the film.

According to this rumor, Michael Bay will be overseeing these reshoots himself, and its not clear if director Jonathan Liebesman will even be on set.

The problems with the movie and the impending reshoots are said to be taking valuable time needed away from post-production on Transformers: Age of Extinction.

It's unclear exactly what, if anything, needs to be reshot or added. It isn't known if they are retooling the origin part of the story, or if the third act of the movie is a mess.

Wolf of Wall Street was great at parts, but it felt like watching Family Guy at others. You know where they would take about 5 minutes of film to do something that should have been done in 30 seconds? That drove me nuts. The movie was about an hour too long.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 07:27 AM)
Between that trailer and TMNT, its a bad week

I don't own an iPad, or any of the other apple devices that movie is pushing, but if all the devices are synced up, then wouldn't deleting it off the "master" device mean they would all sync up again and the video would be deleted?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 02:34 PM)
I don't own an iPad, or any of the other apple devices that movie is pushing, but if all the devices are synced up, then wouldn't deleting it off the "master" device mean they would all sync up again and the video would be deleted?

Its a strange and preventable concept for sure. I was thinking it would be more along the lines of what happened in trainspotting where the tape ended up in another video case and was sent out.

Personally, I like Jason Segal, and this looks along the same lines as Horrible Bosses(which i enjoyed)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
Its a strange and preventable concept for sure. I was thinking it would be more along the lines of what happened in trainspotting where the tape ended up in another video case and was sent out.

Personally, I like Jason Segal, and this looks along the same lines as Horrible Bosses(which i enjoyed)

That seems like a good comparison. This looks funny.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 11:06 PM)
Captain America 2 is great!

I'm off for the next week so going today to early show.

Wasn't a huge fan of the first one but reviews have been ready to see this.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
Wolf of Wall Street was great at parts, but it felt like watching Family Guy at others. You know where they would take about 5 minutes of film to do something that should have been done in 30 seconds? That drove me nuts. The movie was about an hour too long.

I liked it a lot. Leo's narration and direct addresses to the audience reminded me a lot of Goodfellas, with Scorcese swapping out financial crooks for mobsters and sex for the violence.

It still is really impressive to me that Marvel has been able to maintain a fluid and cohesive storyline within all of these different properties, and make good to really good(great if what I am hearing about Cap is true) movies at the same time. Kudos to marvel for this plan.

In case anyone missed it, Kevin Feige said in an interview this week that the Phases are mapped out all the way to 2028

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 09:04 AM)
In case anyone missed it, Kevin Feige said in an interview this week that the Phases are mapped out all the way to 2028

They'll at some point have to do some recasting which could be tough.