2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 09:38 AM)
Am I the only one on the planet that has not seen, or have any interest in seeing, any of these comic book movies (sans the Nolan Batman series)? I feel like I am.

Please don't. If you see them, they'll no doubt fall short of your ludicrous standards, and we'll all be subjected to how much they actually suck.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 09:38 AM)
Am I the only one on the planet that has not seen, or have any interest in seeing, any of these comic book movies (sans the Nolan Batman series)? I feel like I am.

I'm with you. I keep scrolling through pages of DC this or Marvel that. Not interested.

I'm just waiting for someone to talk about The Raid 2. Who's excited? I'm excited.

It's funny that you guys say that cause I'm the only one in my group of friends that actually likes comic book movies. And it sucks cause I can never find anyone that wants to go.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 08:52 PM)
I'm with you. I keep scrolling through pages of DC this or Marvel that. Not interested.

I'm just waiting for someone to talk about The Raid 2. Who's excited? I'm excited.

I can't wait to see it

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 07:04 PM)
Blue mountain state being made into a movie. Fantastic.

WHAT?!?!?! YES!!!! DETAILS!?!?!?!?!

As far as Anthony Hopkins, I heard his grandkids wanted him to be in a super hero movie. Which is part of the reason why he decided to join.

I don't think Marvel's going to move Captain America 3 even if Man of Steel 2 decides not to move, which I think DC will move it. Marvel had that slot first and DC has more to lose than Marvel does right now. Man of Steel 2 should win in the box office regardless, but Captain America 3 would take a lot of money way. Basically I think both movies will take money away from each other if they keep the dates. Someone's going to move dates, but if both were to stay, it would be the greatest movie weekend of all time! For comic book fans at least.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 07:52 PM)

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/04/03/entertai...-action-movies/

The Raid 2 and the Death of Hollywood Action Movies

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 07:04 PM)
Blue mountain state being made into a movie. Fantastic.

Fantastic. Hopefully Radon is back in it (most likely not happening but one can...dream).

Flipping channels this afternoon, I came across Maverick (Mel Gibson) on some channel. I have always thought this was an awesome film and was always stunned that they never had a sequel as it was set up to have one. I don't think they even talked about one.

QUOTE (juddling @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 03:50 PM)
Flipping channels this afternoon, I came across Maverick (Mel Gibson) on some channel. I have always thought this was an awesome film and was always stunned that they never had a sequel as it was set up to have one. I don't think they even talked about one.

I always adored that movie.

QUOTE (juddling @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 03:50 PM)

In this day and age, it is only a matter of when they can throw enough money at Mel to do it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 08:24 AM)
In this day and age, it is only a matter of when they can throw enough money at Mel to do it.

Or "if they are willing..." Seems they're still quite reluctant to give him a starring role in a $100+ million picture, instead of cameos.

Nobody saw DRAFT DAY, I'm guessing? Bad timing for that movie, it should be the weekend of the draft or during the actual NFL season....not in the middle of NBA/NHL/Masters/MLB time and right after the Final Four.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 12:02 PM)
Watched Winter Soldier last night, thought it was awesome. Captain America was my favorite comic growing up, along with Batman and X-Men. So cool that CA is getting some major love today.

It was surprisingly awesome.

Watched Django Unchained the other night. Just happened to catch it as it started on Showtime and kept watching. I was surprised how much I liked it. Usually with Tarantino movies there are certain scenes that I love but I don't like sitting down to watch the whole movie.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 02:34 PM)
Or "if they are willing..." Seems they're still quite reluctant to give him a starring role in a $100+ million picture, instead of cameos.

Nobody saw DRAFT DAY, I'm guessing? Bad timing for that movie, it should be the weekend of the draft or during the actual NFL season....not in the middle of NBA/NHL/Masters/MLB time and right after the Final Four.

I saw Draft Day. The NFL Draft is my favorite event of the year. The movie was pretty bad but I love that they actually made a movie about the NFL Draft. I don't want to give too much away but some unrealistic things happen obviously and it was kind of thrown together. It was cool seeing the actual team facilities though in the movie and if you like the NFL Draft it is worth seeing. Just know what you are seeing ahead of time.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:16 AM)
Watched Django Unchained the other night. Just happened to catch it as it started on Showtime and kept watching. I was surprised how much I liked it. Usually with Tarantino movies there are certain scenes that I love but I don't like sitting down to watch the whole movie.

Django is actually my favorite of his movies including Pulp Fiction.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 08:18 AM)
I saw Draft Day. The NFL Draft is my favorite event of the year. The movie was pretty bad but I love that they actually made a movie about the NFL Draft. I don't want to give too much away but some unrealistic things happen obviously and it was kind of thrown together. It was cool seeing the actual team facilities though in the movie and if you like the NFL Draft it is worth seeing. Just know what you are seeing ahead of time.

I read in the reviews (not a spoiler really) that the big intellectual dilemma was trading the #1 pick for something like 4 second round picks.

Well, that would never happen in a million years. Maybe two first rounder (depending on draft order) and two mid to high second rounders.

And, of course, it would depend on who that #1 pick was actually going to be. Big difference between Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:18 AM)
Django is actually my favorite of his movies including Pulp Fiction.

Funny, Pulp Fiction is the movie I was referring to. I don't really like sitting down and watching the whole movie, but the scene with John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson in the apartment (English motherf***er! Do you speak it?) is one of my favorite scenes of any movie.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 08:16 AM)

Django is the one I found it hardest to sit through. I wanted to like it, some of those scenes were just too much for me (fight to the death scene and the various whippings). I've only seen it once, so I suppose I'll give it another spin. Pulp Fiction, on the other hand, is in my Mt. Rushmore of Films. I'll sit through that one even if I stumble upon some squeaky clean edited version w/ commercials on TBS or wherever. I saw The Winter Soldier last night, and I got a kick out of the Cemetery scene.