2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

Any hopes or predictions for Monday's press conferences?

I'm looking forward to what everyone has to offer. Can Nintendo make some noise? Can Microsoft generate enough excitement to catch up to PS4? How much stuff can Sony reveal considering they have one game (Driveclub) coming out in 2014?

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 12:18 AM)
Any hopes or predictions for Monday's press conferences?

I'm looking forward to what everyone has to offer. Can Nintendo make some noise? Can Microsoft generate enough excitement to catch up to PS4? How much stuff can Sony reveal considering they have one game (Driveclub) coming out in 2014?

Isn't Uncharted 4 coming out this year? Also The Order 1886 or whatever it's called.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)
IGN issuing an apology for running the story that The Last Guardian has been cancelled for PS4.

It might as well be. Isn't that game like 8 years into development? Maybe I'm thinking of another game, but I could have sworn they were marketing that as a PS3 exclusive for a while.

edit: Yep, 7 years. Ridiculous.

The game has been in development since 2007, and was formally announced at the 2009 Electronic Entertainment Expo with a planned release in 2011 exclusively for the PlayStation 3 video game console

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Guardian

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 08:34 AM)
It might as well be. Isn't that game like 8 years into development? Maybe I'm thinking of another game, but I could have sworn they were marketing that as a PS3 exclusive for a while.

edit: Yep, 7 years. Ridiculous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Guardian

The funny thing is, usually when games go that long in development, they are terrible

I know it isn't the newest game here, but anyone play CoD: Ghosts on xbox live? I recently got it and like playing the extinction game, but finding 3 others online that either know what they are doing, or care, is pretty hard. I'm not one of these guys that can jump, do a 360 and shoot someone around the corner in one shot in the head, but I am OK.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 01:41 AM)
Isn't Uncharted 4 coming out this year? Also The Order 1886 or whatever it's called.

Uncharted was never supposed to come out in 2014. Sony said 2015 in their press conference today. The Order was delayed to 2015 in the past month or two.

LBP3 fills in for 2014 and seems cool. I will play it, but probably at a discount later. I don't know what else they can do with those games. I've played LBP, LBP2 and LBP Vita and enjoyed all three but wasn't clamoring for more.

Looking at the upcoming list of games is always intimidating. I'm going to be chipping away at Watch Dogs for another month at my current rate so it's a good thing the rest of the summer looks slow before the s***storm of fall (FIFA, AC: Unity, DriveClub, The Crew, now LBP3)

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 11:44 PM)
E3 couldn't be more boring if it tried. Hopefully tomorrow improves.

Microsoft had a decent conference, although no crazy surprises. Sony's conference seemed pretty lackluster.

Nintendo has a chance to gain some momentum, but I remain skeptical they'll pull off something special.

E3 has changed a lot. The magic of the spectacle is gone, secrets cant be kept, surprises arent surprises, but rather confirmation of rumors.

I dont blame Nintendo for scaling down and doing the Nintendo Direct approach

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
E3 has changed a lot. The magic of the spectacle is gone, secrets cant be kept, surprises arent surprises, but rather confirmation of rumors.

I dont blame Nintendo for scaling down and doing the Nintendo Direct approach

I feel like the games were mostly retreads. Another Madden. Another Call of Duty/Battlefield. Another LBP. Another AC that i'll probably buy and will enjoy the very average experience. All of the interesting games are a year away - Uncharted, The Order, The Division, etc. So what's the point in talking about them now?

Oh, but we got PlaystationTV coming! WTF Sony, who gives a crap? Americans have had 10 choices for streaming TV since 2008. A little late to the game.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 09:43 AM)
I feel like the games were mostly retreads. Another Madden. Another Call of Duty/Battlefield. Another LBP. Another AC that i'll probably buy and will enjoy the very average experience. All of the interesting games are a year away - Uncharted, The Order, The Division, etc. So what's the point in talking about them now?

Oh, but we got PlaystationTV coming! WTF Sony, who gives a crap? Americans have had 10 choices for streaming TV since 2008. A little late to the game.

Yeah, at some point streaming TV fails to be exciting on any platform. Give me some original games for god sakes.