2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)
Yeah, I really liked it. The cast is good, but Billy Bob Thornton's character, wow.

BBT is really a great actor. I still love his character in "Bandits" the best

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)
I haven't watched the original in a long time, but is this new TV show supposed to be a remake? Are they changing the story? I noticed the accent of the female cop isn't nearly as strong (although she's still a ditz).

You thought Frances McDormand came off as a ditz in the original?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 11:46 AM)
You thought Frances McDormand came off as a ditz in the original?

See this is where my memory is off and maybe i'm combining the movie and the woman cop in the show. I know she's the one that solves the murder in the movie, but didn't she make dumb statements all the time? Wasn't that her character? I don't remember.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 11:51 AM)
See this is where my memory is off and maybe i'm combining the movie and the woman cop in the show. I know she's the one that solves the murder in the movie, but didn't she make dumb statements all the time? Wasn't that her character? I don't remember.

IMO she played up the part of being ditzy, but she wasnt really. I mean, she basically figured it all out by herself and found the killer. She said a lot of native accent type statements for sure, though

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 01:58 PM)
Watched Fargo last night - is every episode going to be an hour and a half?

That being said, pretty good.

Hope not. Assuming just cuz it was the pilot.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 08:09 AM)
Cosmos told one of my all-time favorite science stories last night, Dr. Patterson, the age of the Earth, and lead poisoning.

That was a great episode. I didn't know the whole story behind lead poisoning. Amazing how companies skewed data like that...and disturbing to think that they are still doing it.

GOT was very solid again last night.

Biggest issue I had was with Jamie and Cersei's "scene". I didn't like the timing of it and it was very different from the book and not in a good way,

I don't really see the purpose of it unless it's signaling the end of their relationship.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 09:29 AM)
GOT was very solid again last night.

Biggest issue I had was with Jamie and Cersei's "scene". I didn't like the timing of it and it was very different from the book and not in a good way,

I don't really see the purpose of it unless it's signaling the end of their relationship.

I HATE the way the Wildlings are being portrayed.