2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

Gotham was a little ridiculous last night with the balloon man thing. I'm not knowledgeable on weather balloons, so maybe they CAN actually life an adult human off the ground, but I'm not so sure that they rise all the way to the atmosphere STRAIGHT up in the air without the wind moving it. The fact that the victims fell right back down on to Gotham is highly, highly unlikely.

Secondly. Why wouldn't Jim Gordon shoot the balloon instead of jumping on the guy and floating up with him? Was he REALLY willing to risk his life/legs just to prove that Bullock would save him? I get him not wanting the Balloonman to die, but he should have shot the balloon down, not jumped up and grabbed the guy.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 03:22 AM)
Gotham was a little ridiculous last night with the balloon man thing. I'm not knowledgeable on weather balloons, so maybe they CAN actually life an adult human off the ground, but I'm not so sure that they rise all the way to the atmosphere STRAIGHT up in the air without the wind moving it. The fact that the victims fell right back down on to Gotham is highly, highly unlikely.

Secondly. Why wouldn't Jim Gordon shoot the balloon instead of jumping on the guy and floating up with him? Was he REALLY willing to risk his life/legs just to prove that Bullock would save him? I get him not wanting the Balloonman to die, but he should have shot the balloon down, not jumped up and grabbed the guy.

The best part was when the two detectives had to have it explained to them that balloons actually come down. :)

Bullock is such an awful cop,I'm love it. Beat up by a woman than balloon man takes his gun so easily,

I thought the concept of the weather balloon was very comic like and fit the show.

This maybe my fav new show.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Finally a Boardwalk Empire episode this season that wasn't boring or terrible.

Good to hear. I'm one episode behind, but it's been 5 minutes of action and 55 minutes of boredom. The Nucky childhood scenes are killing me, I don't care anymore.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 12:26 AM)
He was an actor that portrayed a reverend, not a reverend. Don't overreact.

Wait, it wasn't a documentary??? No way! :o

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 07:17 AM)
Bullock is such an awful cop,I'm love it. Beat up by a woman than balloon man takes his gun so easily,

I thought the concept of the weather balloon was very comic like and fit the show.

This maybe my fav new show.

Yup. I suspend disbelief when watching this show, I'm not expecting it to be realistic. I thought the 3rd episode was just as good as the first two. Next week looks fun as well.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 12:52 PM)
Yup. I suspend disbelief when watching this show, I'm not expecting it to be realistic. I thought the 3rd episode was just as good as the first two. Next week looks fun as well.

I caught it last night and agree. It seems to be striking just the right tone, so far.

Anyone here watch Peaky Blinders? It's a BBC show that Netflix has recently picked up. I assume the relationship will be similar to how Sherlock is aired normally in the UK, and then Netflix and PBS (maybe?) airs it here months afterwards.

My buddy saw the first episode and told me I need to watch it. I guess it's like a British version of Boardwalk Empire. Takes place in the 20s and is about the gangs in London. Tom Hardy has joined the cast for season 2, a cast that consists of Sam Neill (Jurassic Park) and Cillian Murphy (The bad guy in pretty much every movie).

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 02:36 AM)
Tom Hardy has joined the cast for season 2, a cast that consists of Sam Neill (Jurassic Park) and Cillian Murphy (The bad guy in pretty much every movie).

Holy s***, Dr. Allen Grant, Bane, and Scarecrow? Sign me up.

Sons of Anarchy is still hanging in there. Glad the series is over but the story arc focusing on Gemma is just a waste of good potential...maybe the ending fits but the Jumping of thh Shark started with Ireland and landed with Opie's exit.

The one good thing though is it is local, no Mexico or IRA. The current stuff is somewhat believable.

I like that the Scot is getting laid as well.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 08:42 AM)
Sons of Anarchy is still hanging in there. Glad the series is over but the story arc focusing on Gemma is just a waste of good potential...maybe the ending fits but the Jumping of thh Shark started with Ireland and landed with Opie's exit.

The one good thing though is it is local, no Mexico or IRA. The current stuff is somewhat believable.

I like that the Scot is getting laid as well.

Supposedly, one of the main samcro members dies in Episode 9 or 10, not counting Juice or Gemma on that list. (Guessing it has to be Scotty/Chibs or Tig)...Unser's doomed to never die, it would seem.

There's so many lies and deceptions this season, it's hard to keep track of what's going on exactly.

Nero is the main reason I keep watching, and of course to see how the Jax/Gemma confrontation finally comes out.

Jax has done so many heinous things in the last couple of seasons you're almost against him, but not quite. It's not like Breaking Bad, where you pretty much know Heisenberg's eventual outcome at a certain point. In this case, Jax is the hero/anti-hero...he can't get off scot free, and yet you have a feeling a guy like that would have a much harder time living out his 50's and 60's than dying an outlaw's death in the prime of his life.

It still has that feel since the start of the season that Wendy and Nero will somehow end up together taking care of Thomas, Cain and Nero's special needs child...like at one point in BB when you thought Jessie was going to end up in a serious relationship with the young woman who had the kid. I guess I could also live with Nero and Opie's gal living happily ever after, but who knows.

Yeah I haven't laughed that hard in a while, especially when Stan just passed out and fell over. I love how each episode is connected this season. I also read that Matt and Trey tried the whole Gluten free thing and still are gluten free as well as the people who's names on the credits have GF by their name.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)
Last night's SP was hilarious. They actually got Lorde to guest-star on the show (at least a lot of people think they did).

SP has been pretty damn good so far this season.

I'm not sure who still watches Tosh bit it's been pretty hilarious this season after being pretty disappointing the last few years.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
Yeah I haven't laughed that hard in a while, especially when Stan just passed out and fell over. I love how each episode is connected this season. I also read that Matt and Trey tried the whole Gluten free thing and still are gluten free as well as the people who's names on the credits have GF by their name.

Well of course, who would want their dick to fly off?

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 07:56 AM)
I have Blinders on My List. Only 6 eps so shouldn't be tough.

Well, season 2 is currently airing, so there are 8 episodes at the moment.

Pilot episode was pretty good. As I expected, it was just a little difficult to understand their accents, so I watched with the captions on, and that helped. I really enjoyed it though.