It's cold outside

Rowand44

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 11:52 PM)
Looking like another 36+ hour stretch of negative temps next Mon- Wed. Even the best summer city in the world makes it hard to justify this winter

This is the first year that I've thought enough is enough. Normally I love winter. I like the look of snow. I like to drive in snow. I prefer 30 degree weather over 90.

Maybe i'm getting older now, I dunno. But it's no longer fun. Walking to/from the union station to get to work is downright painful.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 05:10 PM)
This winter has really made me want to move.

Yes. Pretty fed up. And any minor transport snafu is sending me on edge with thoughts like "DON'T THEY KNOW ITS SUB ZERO AND PEOPLE CAN DIE OUT HERE"

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 10:10 AM)
This winter has really made me want to move.

We were due for a bad one since its been relatively mild the last few years.

I THINK ive tackled my frozen pipes issue, lets hope. I simply keep my basement about 20 degrees warmer than before.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
This is the first year that I've thought enough is enough. Normally I love winter. I like the look of snow. I like to drive in snow. I prefer 30 degree weather over 90.

Maybe i'm getting older now, I dunno. But it's no longer fun. Walking to/from the union station to get to work is downright painful.

Agreed 100%. Having a young kid has made it even tougher to handle. Being cooped in the house all the time sucks, can't even take her outside for a walk. Just going to the store becomes an extra hassle with all the extra warm clothes and everything.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)

Wait, you like driving in snow? WTF?

My wife hates this weather and is reaching the point some of you guys are. I just can't leave (and I doubt she'd actually want to) because it's home to me and all family is here. Would be too difficult. I just try to deal with the few s***ty months and enjoy the rest of the year. If family was spread out, maybe we'd consider it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
In.

How many bags of sand do we need?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 11:31 AM)
Agreed 100%. Having a young kid has made it even tougher to handle. Being cooped in the house all the time sucks, can't even take her outside for a walk. Just going to the store becomes an extra hassle with all the extra warm clothes and everything.

Lol, yes. How old is your daughter? My son is 18 months. Old enough to know that the coat, hat and gloves can be taken off with relative ease. Such a pain in the ass.

Though I will say he cracks me up whenever he steps in snow. His mind is blown away that the ground below him sinks in and sticks to his shoes. We've played the game about 50 times this winter and it's still hilarious to watch.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 12:19 PM)
Wait, you like driving in snow? WTF?

My wife hates this weather and is reaching the point some of you guys are. I just can't leave (and I doubt she'd actually want to) because it's home to me and all family is here. Would be too difficult. I just try to deal with the few s***ty months and enjoy the rest of the year. If family was spread out, maybe we'd consider it.

How many bags of sand do we need?

Oh yeah man I love driving in snow. Ice covered roads obviously not, but like last weekend when we got 6-8 inches of powder snow? Hell yes. That was awesome barreling through my neighborhood's unplowed streets. I have a 4WD suv though, so I don't have to worry about getting stuck.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 12:25 PM)
Oh yeah man I love driving in snow. Ice covered roads obviously not, but like last weekend when we got 6-8 inches of powder snow? Hell yes. That was awesome barreling through my neighborhood's unplowed streets. I have a 4WD suv though, so I don't have to worry about getting stuck.

OK. Well there's a huge difference between wheeling around your neighborhood with no traffic, and trying to get somewhere like errands, work, etc where it takes you 10 times as long to get there. And more risk of accident with tons of other cars.

Although, I hope your neighbors don't have kids building snowmen outside. Here comes that crazy guy barreling through...